7-8 Hate it!7%7% - 9
9-10 Fucken Hate it!1%1% - 2
11 Going postal as soon as possible8%8% - 10
Total: 119
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6561|Mountains of NC

lavadisk wrote:

I work in assisted living and I get to help needy old people. Surprisingly (maybe to you guys) I dont hate it one bit, I get to practice compassion to people who are happy that I am helping them.
I couldn't do that job ...... I've been up there for calls and its sad seeing them there ........... espically seeing those that crave some kind of attention
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
LT.Victim
+1,175|6555|British Columbia, Canada

David.P wrote:

LT.Victim wrote:

Don't ever fucking yell at the line cooks..
I only yell when they are more concerned with their chat then their job! You think what we give you is bad? Try having some old bitch give you shit because they poured gravy on her potatoes! Even when i repeated myself and wrote it down!
Why would you serve it to her then if you knew it didn't get gravy.
Schwarzelungen
drunklenglungen
+133|6289|Bloomington Indiana
i love my current job.      my next jobs going to involve me interrogating prisoners in iraq/cuba/afghanistan.....

doesnt get much better than what im doing now
Shaguart
Titties
+56|6362|Calgary, Canada
Where is the option

"I dont have a job"
David.P
Banned
+649|6266

lavadisk wrote:

I work in assisted living and I get to help needy old people. Surprisingly (maybe to you guys) I dont hate it one bit, I get to practice compassion to people who are happy that I am helping them.
As expected of you.
thtthht
maximum bullshit
+50|6323|teh alien spaceshit
I got a volunteer job at my Tae-Kwon-do teaching the junior class.
Can get stressful at times, but pretty cool.
David.P
Banned
+649|6266

LT.Victim wrote:

David.P wrote:

LT.Victim wrote:

Don't ever fucking yell at the line cooks..
I only yell when they are more concerned with their chat then their job! You think what we give you is bad? Try having some old bitch give you shit because they poured gravy on her potatoes! Even when i repeated myself and wrote it down!
Why would you serve it to her then if you knew it didn't get gravy.
Because it was to go, And they closed the goddamn box before they handed it to me. So thats why i always open the container and ask is this how you wanted it?
jsnipy
+3,276|6515|...

"0 Hate it? I love it!"
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6822|Denver colorado

David.P wrote:

lavadisk wrote:

As expected of you.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6674|Disaster Free Zone
1-2 I like(d) it

Unemployed/full time student ATM. But when I did work (packing shelves at the local supermarket), it was quiet fun. Well the work wasn't all that interesting and the hours kind of sucked. But it was easy as hell and I had plenty of friends to talk to. Spent half the time in the stock room just chucking shit around, driving the pallet jack and eating whatever we could find, while the other half was walking around pretending to look like you were doing something and eating whatever you could find.
After the store closed at midnight (or just in the stock room any time) food fights or other totally wasteful (yet fun) activities took place. And even after all that within 10 months I was put in charge of the largest section of the store with about 20-25 people working under me (for 3 weeks when the previous manager left) and was asked if I wanted the job full time (which I declined).

(Was also payed $25-$33 per hour ).

Ok some nights weren't all that fun and sometimes worked till 6am, (during Christmas periods could work anything up to 10-14 hour days), but over all was relatively well payed, easy work with people I enjoyed working with and rarely had to interact with customers.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6625|949

You were paid $25-$33 an hour stocking shelves?  Either your currency is/was weak to the US$ or you are lying.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6674|Disaster Free Zone

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

You were paid $25-$33 an hour stocking shelves?  Either your currency is/was weak to the US$ or you are lying.
worked the weekends with +50-100%, base pay was $17 something.  Was also casual which is +15%.

Last edited by DrunkFace (2008-03-10 22:23:54)

Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6222|NSW, Australia

i love my job

last friday i dirty danced with my boss's hot sister and her friend
and was flirting with all these babes

AT WORK!!
and i kissed my boss's wife too
Mitch92uK
aka [DBS]Mitch92uK
+192|6228|United Kingdom
paper round atm ... thinking of going back to puc world where i did my work experience, for a part time job ...
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6467|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
I love my job, where i work basically if you get the work done...you can do what you want, we all work close so we all get along and have a laugh in the day. We play football after work, watch tv or just chat.
The job im doing is tough at times but i like the challenge.

I remember last summer it was quiet at work so we all went outside and play football for 2 hours...man that was awesome.
Oh and they cook pancakes for us, organise parties WITH ALCOHOL (as much as you want)

Basically is awesome.

Oh and theres a job going there
Mitch92uK
aka [DBS]Mitch92uK
+192|6228|United Kingdom

ELITE-UK wrote:

I love my job, where i work basically if you get the work done...you can do what you want, we all work close so we all get along and have a laugh in the day. We play football after work, watch tv or just chat.
The job im doing is tough at times but i like the challenge.

I remember last summer it was quiet at work so we all went outside and play football for 2 hours...man that was awesome.
Oh and they cook pancakes for us, organise parties WITH ALCOHOL (as much as you want)

Basically is awesome.

Oh and theres a job going there
WHERE IS IT!?!?!?!?!??!!
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6519|Milkystania, yurop
Back in school again (welding) ask again in oktober if i hate it
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6504|Gold Coast
Dont have one.... but I'd only get the job that Id enjoy... not something that Id hate all the time.

Edit:
Also long post is long.

Last edited by KuSTaV (2008-03-11 01:24:31)

noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6703|Sweden
It´s ok
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6767|Noizyland

I dislike my job, but I need money while at Uni. It's pay is shit, my supervisor has some sort of mental disorder, the upper management are all bored moronic bureaucrats, the guy who runs the place is a likeable, incredibly successful man who frequently takes his frustration and anger that he's not quite earning as much as the other week out on the staff, we're forced to sacrifice two thirds of our legally required breaks, the customers are pants-on-head stupid and, forgive me for being shallow, most of the woman employees have facial hair.

I work with a mate so at the moment it's pretty good, however he's quitting soon and I'll probably go with him. The management have their security cameras trained on us as sometimes, (heaven forbid,) we take a quick break to get a drink of water or something. Oh it's okay for smokers to take paid smoko breaks but not for me and my mate to get a drink of fucking water!

Then there's some of those fuckface health and safety "monitors". Fucking scolding me for everthing I do, telling me to "get someone to help me with that pallet because you may injure yourself" and then the management come by and scold me for having two people working on one pallet! I move a customer's trolly to get an aisle-blocking pallet out of the way and that arsehole Vincent tells me "Actually you're not supposed to do that,"  - who the fuck cares you dick, you're going on fourty and you manage a fucking fridge! Why the fuck should I ever listen to you!?

The thing I hate most though is the way that if someone has a problem with what I do or thinks I'm being lazy they NEVER Talk to me about it, they always go behind my back and tell a manager or supervisor and I'm told in turn by then. This sucks royally because I don't get the chance to defend myself. I'm very rarely lazy and my work is never shoddy yet my reputation worsens because of the tribe of nit-pickers trailing me around the fucking place! I seriously don't mind if someone tells me "Oi, get off your arse and work!" if I deserve it but that never happens, it's always "So and so was telling me he didn't think you were working very hard the other day..." - yeah I may have been dragging my feet a bit but that's because I've got essays, assignments and readings to do and the running of this shit-hole of a place is not my top priority!

FUCK IT TO HELL!!!
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6666|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
I love my job, been doing it since I left school but as its a family business been doing what I do for 20+ years now.  I have made many famous jobs to the extent I could tell my mates and next day show my mates in the paper or on the tv, have met many famous people in that time and worked in places some people would give their right arm for, or at least thats how the saying goes.

There is a massive pressure with it in regards of meeting deadlines but mostly the pressure comes from making sure it dosen't go tits up as we are now in our 3rd generation.  When one of my Nephews, or my Daughter comes in thats 4th generation. Est: 1912

The money isn't great but you need to be happy in life and when it comes to being here in work I am.  The only thing I could walk to away from this is a sports coach and I turned that down 10 years ago now with no regrets.  I suppose a big wage increase would pull me away aswell.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6666|Cardiff, Capital of Wales

Ty wrote:

I dislike my job, but I need money while at Uni. It's pay is shit, my supervisor has some sort of mental disorder, the upper management are all bored moronic bureaucrats, the guy who runs the place is a likeable, incredibly successful man who frequently takes his frustration and anger that he's not quite earning as much as the other week out on the staff, we're forced to sacrifice two thirds of our legally required breaks, the customers are pants-on-head stupid and, forgive me for being shallow, most of the woman employees have facial hair.

I work with a mate so at the moment it's pretty good, however he's quitting soon and I'll probably go with him. The management have their security cameras trained on us as sometimes, (heaven forbid,) we take a quick break to get a drink of water or something. Oh it's okay for smokers to take paid smoko breaks but not for me and my mate to get a drink of fucking water!

Then there's some of those fuckface health and safety "monitors". Fucking scolding me for everthing I do, telling me to "get someone to help me with that pallet because you may injure yourself" and then the management come by and scold me for having two people working on one pallet! I move a customer's trolly to get an aisle-blocking pallet out of the way and that arsehole Vincent tells me "Actually you're not supposed to do that,"  - who the fuck cares you dick, you're going on fourty and you manage a fucking fridge! Why the fuck should I ever listen to you!?

The thing I hate most though is the way that if someone has a problem with what I do or thinks I'm being lazy they NEVER Talk to me about it, they always go behind my back and tell a manager or supervisor and I'm told in turn by then. This sucks royally because I don't get the chance to defend myself. I'm very rarely lazy and my work is never shoddy yet my reputation worsens because of the tribe of nit-pickers trailing me around the fucking place! I seriously don't mind if someone tells me "Oi, get off your arse and work!" if I deserve it but that never happens, it's always "So and so was telling me he didn't think you were working very hard the other day..." - yeah I may have been dragging my feet a bit but that's because I've got essays, assignments and readings to do and the running of this shit-hole of a place is not my top priority!

FUCK IT TO HELL!!!
I bet these shitty nit picking pidantric knobheads were a little badge with their name on aswell making them think they are important.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6446|The Twilight Zone
People who work in restaurants and hate working there usually spit in your plate. +1 nonetheless

Last edited by .Sup (2008-03-11 02:28:56)

https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6731|The Hague, Netherlands

I love both of my jobs

1 is at the hospital the other at TNT Logistics, in the hospital I work with a great team, most people that come in are friendly, got some assholes (patients) here and there but where is that not the case... no jackasses at work tho...

with TNT Logistics I drive all afternoon/evening, no boss around, I am pretty much my own boss, music playing etc
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
JahManRed
wank
+646|6621|IRELAND

I like my job.

I am an architect. Job is extremely stressful, but rewarding at the same time. I personally over see, and cover with my professional indemnity, about £10-15 millions worth of building work every year.
Rewarding Parts.
Taking a green field or brown field site, having a vision, conveying to the client, they client trusting your vision, allowing you to proceed and project being a success is one of the best feelings out there. Walking through a building you can remember sketching in a sketch pad 2 years earlier.
Money is good. I can step back a gear in the good weather and work maybe 3 days a week and make it up by stepping up a gear when needed.
When motivated, (usually by bills) I can make £1000 a day. I can do a one off house a submit it to the planners, in 3 days and I charge £3000 for it.
Respect. I get allot of respect on site and from the people in my town because of the job, even though I am a loose cannon and known for being one. I am also the person to talk to for investment purchases, so people pay me to talk to me. I used to give advise for free and that advise could lead to future work. But I realised people are making a shit load of money from my advise, so now I charge for the advise.
Bad things.
Stress. Not being able to sleep for weeks at a time because someone is trying to sue me. (My old mentor told me that if your not in court on a monthly basis then your not a success in this job)
Everyone onsite passing the blame to you. Carpenters blame the plasters, plasterers blame the brick layers and everyone blames the architect.
Not being able to go out in my local town so much as I have drunk builders talking shit in my ear.

All in all a good career which I would recommend to anyone as long as they have a cool head. If you are quick tempered, forget about it. You have to keep your cool while all others round you loose theirs.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard