The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6671|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Hi

If you think you know a fix for the following problem or have any suggestions to help please can you reply:

A clan mate of mine keeps getting disconnected when playing BF2, there is no real consistancy when it happens but once it starts thats it, he will get back in the round and last for 2 mins at the most.  Us other players who are still left see the "....... has been disconnected" message but he gets nothing, just gets chucked back to server menu.  He'll start his gaming session off fine and might be ok for 10 minutes or so but once that first d/c happens then he knows no matter how much he can log back in he will last for approx 2/3 mins at the most.  After logging back in about 5 times he calls it quits and thats it for the night, who can blame him?

He has done the patch's,re-installs, the obvious stuff that we have been suggesting to him for the last 6 or so weeks.  He never had a problem before that time, almost happened over night.

He is fine with COD4, MOH and a few other games he has quoted over TS so to me it can't be a overheating problem?

I don't have his spec's at present and he dosen't know I'm asking for help with you guys.  I can get his specs and further info off him if required.

I know really this is a Tech Help issue but it only happens with BF2 and wondered if anyone else had experience with this issue and if so, how did they fix it?

*Please move post if it is in the wrong section*

Thanks in advance for any help given,  i will direct him to this thread.
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6532|Valhalla
I used to have a problem like that with 2142 and BF2 as well (I think) I fixed mine by deleting the profile in My Document and also tried lowering the connection speed on BF2 itself from T1 to 256
Fateless
+36|6240|Jennifer Connellys Pants
Hi, probably updating his PB was one of the obvious steps, but try the below just in case.

1. Manually update your punkbuster using pbsetup.exe

2. Download pbsvc.exe from PB.

3. Run it, select the uninstall option.

4. Run it again, select the install option.

5. Reboot if you want, just in case. I didn't and it worked fine for me.

PBSETUP: http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

PBSVC: http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe

Try it and post back if no luck.

Fateless.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6807|NÃ¥rvei

Seem to remember a guy that had a similar problem ages back that looked just like a PB problem but wasn't - later it was established he always started his TS first and then BF2, starting BF2 first then TS it worked ... a longshot but try it
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Thanks for the replies so far Gents I am waiting to hear back from him but he will be grateful for the help I hope it works as its really making him frustrated right now.  I would hate it to happen to me by now I would of retired from the game probably.  I take my pc and bf2 for granted.
MysteryJake
+12|6205|California

1927 wrote:

Thanks for the replies so far Gents I am waiting to hear back from him but he will be grateful for the help I hope it works as its really making him frustrated right now.  I would hate it to happen to me by now I would of retired from the game probably.  I take my pc and bf2 for granted.
I get this sometimes, When I get a connection problem I hit Esc, the menu loads, then I hit Esc again and somehow the connection problem goes away. This is the only thing that has consistently worked for me, maybe it will work for your friend too.
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6596|Cheshire. UK
The last time I encountered this a firewall was to blame... but I expect you have checked all those avenues... dont forget some routers have firewalls and ports forwarding built in.... could be he needs to open a port on his router..
I was watching him through game tracker (or simular) last night mate and he seemed to be on most of the evening so I'm guessing he finally had a good night of BF2's. Im still waiting for him to get back to me today but I do know he has read this thread and taken some advice.  He was on about getting a new when we were on TS Sunday night but I don't reckon he would of got that yet.  I know he has done something with firewall but not exactly sure what it is.

Cheers Joker and others, Karma will be spread when available.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard