G38%8% - 13
G36c9%9% - 14
M1410%10% - 16
Mp444%4% - 6
Total: 149
The_Lance_117
CANADA STRONG
+110|5928|CANADA
Assault rifles are the main types of weapons in CoD4. But which is best?
Rohirm
Fear is a Leash
+85|6163|New Austin, Not
m-14+RDS=win

I'm partial to the M4 too.
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6776|Perth, Western Australia
G36C + ACOG is sex.

Special mention to the g3
Raphi
Banned
+354|6249|Basel, Switzerland
Overkill:

Muted G36C+Ak-47=WIN
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6313|Orrstrayleea
I had the most fun with the M16+RDS+DT+Bandoleir
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6315|New Haven, CT
This thread is titled wrong.

It should be changed to How much better is the G3 than other CoD4 assault rifles?
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6147|Vancouver | Canada
M14.
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6277|eng

nukchebi0 wrote:

This thread is titled wrong.

It should be changed to How much better worse is the G3 than other CoD4 assault rifles?
Lots. And my vote goes to the AK-47.
#rekt
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6636|Malibu
I vote for M16

I think this rifle has the best characteristics that fits the role of AR. In competitive match, AR most likely loses to SMG in close battles as it has a lot tighter crosshair grouping. So automatic ARs do not shine that much. In long range, competition snipers give no chance to AR. Therefore, single shot ones are not used as much because they are either out-sniped by snipers, or just out-gunned by automatics. M16 with Stopping Power has enough damage to put down a single target with one burst, or severely damage with just one or two rounds. This means It makes it more worth it for a competitive player to be given a M16 as an AR because he can dish out one accurate burst to bring down an enemy at close range (you don't get much of a gun fight in competition, its more like 0.5 seconds of contact), or at medium range it is possible to severely damage an enemy (or possibly to kill him) with one burst to let the teammate finish him.

EDIT: In non-competition, general use, I vote for M4.

Last edited by StormEye (2008-03-09 01:56:26)

KuSTaV
noice
+947|6502|Gold Coast

StormEye wrote:

I vote for M16

I think this rifle has the best characteristics that fits the role of AR. In competitive match, AR most likely loses to SMG in close battles as it has a lot tighter crosshair grouping. So automatic ARs do not shine that much. In long range, competition snipers give no chance to AR. Therefore, single shot ones are not used as much because they are either out-sniped by snipers, or just out-gunned by automatics. M16 with Stopping Power has enough damage to put down a single target with one burst, or severely damage with just one or two rounds. This means It makes it more worth it for a competitive player to be given a M16 as an AR because he can dish out one accurate burst to bring down an enemy at close range (you don't get much of a gun fight in competition, its more like 0.5 seconds of contact), or at medium range it is possible to severely damage an enemy (or possibly to kill him) with one burst to let the teammate finish him.
This man speaks truth.
G36C w/ RDS is also particularly good.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6645

Null; I change up my kits a lot and use them all.
G36 + ACOG is awesome
G3 + Stopping power is awesome
M16 + ACOG is awesome
AK + Stopping power is awesome
M4 is kinda awesome
MP44 is alright
M14 is good
TehTacoKing
''Its nothing serious but i am bleeding badly''
+13|5979|Mountain Dew
m16
dill13
+67|6184

StormEye wrote:

I vote for M16

what are you talking about anybody half decent with an m16 will out shoot a sniper 9/10 times the maps arent big enough for sniper rifles. That being said my favorite is the ak the only rifle i currently have blue tiger for it owns up close campers be afraid.
FinJasa
+2|6204|Finland
[ -Place any gun here- ] + RDS + Stopping power = kill.

/Thread
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6636|Malibu

dill13 wrote:

StormEye wrote:

I vote for M16

what are you talking about anybody half decent with an m16 will out shoot a sniper 9/10 times the maps arent big enough for sniper rifles. That being said my favorite is the ak the only rifle i currently have blue tiger for it owns up close campers be afraid.
Seems like you do not really have much competition experience, judging from the fact that you are using the word campers. The competitions are played by one team camping with other trying to stop the camping team to get into position. Once a team sets his footing in position, it is very hard to rush in without casualty.

Even though M16 does have better chance at hitting target at longer ranges due to the burst effect and its deadly accurateness, M16 at range most likely will not kill a target with a single burst due to the fact that third round almost always will not land on target due to recoil or from crossfire from enemy. Sniper Rifle will bring down a target in one shot in most areas at any range. AR users would not want to play sniping game with already positioned snipers, they will force snipers to move to another location so that they have a better chance to shoot with the fact that Sniper Rifle takes longer to pull aim, or close in on them as much as possible with a lot of obstruction in view.
psH
Banned
+217|6374|Sydney
M16 hands down.

it was my first red tiger weapon, for the reason stormeye said.
Jibbles
Rifle Expert
+56|6620|Mexifornia, USA
I like the M16, but I had fun using the mousewheel with the G3
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6636|Malibu

Jibbles wrote:

lolz, I sometimes use it with Deagle

I normally use G5 but when I use scroll shooting, I use MX Revolution for fun. Frictionless wheel ftw. lol
Gamematt
Stocking ur medpacks
+135|6653|Groningen, The Netherlands
I like the ak and the m4. Haven't really used the g3 xD

I <3 m4's
Jibbles
Rifle Expert
+56|6620|Mexifornia, USA

StormEye wrote:

Jibbles wrote:

I normally use G5 but when I use scroll shooting, I use MX Revolution for fun. Frictionless wheel ftw. lol
Haha, I love the MW with the USP.

H4x called so many times..
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6636|Malibu

Jibbles wrote:

StormEye wrote:

Jibbles wrote:

Haha, I love the MW with the USP.

H4x called so many times..
I see it often being used in competition.

In pubs, people accuse of hacks. lolz
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6461
The best gun is the M4 Carbine by far... even better with RDS and the right perks.

It's a shame that 75% of players whore this gun like there's no tomorrow; it's quickly becoming the G36E of CoD4 in my eyes. Every time I get killed by a nub with this weapon that thinks they're the pr0-awsumness, I rage a little inside .
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6556|Area 51

Jibbles wrote:

I dont get it. I'd say you use the mousewheel to re-create a semi-auto G3. Yet, I just tried it and I actually get a much higher ROF using regular- button- bashing- my -left -mouse -button.
greensprite
awsm
+13|6157|Germany
M4 carbine + Silencer + dead silence = S3X
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6566|London

StormEye wrote:

I vote for M16

EDIT: In non-competition, general use, I vote for M4.
In NA competition maybe, EU competition is dominated atm by 5x ak74u sprayers, or sometimes 4x 74u and one scope

When I play midskilled EU mixes though the only assualt rifle you really see is the ak47, in NA mixes you see a lot more M4's.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard