blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6646
video

The American army is investigating shocking footage of a grinning Marine throwing a yelping puppy into a gully in Iraq.It showed two Marines dressed in combat gear, one holding the young dog by the scruff of its neck.

The dog, which looks about eight weeks old, is motionless."Cute little puppy, huh?", one Marine can be heard saying."Oh so cute, so cute little puppy," the other responds in a child-like voice.The Marine holding the dog then turns and throws it into the ravine below. The animal can be heard yelping until it hits the ground.A spokesman for the American military condemned the video as "shocking and deplorable" and said an investigation was underway into the incident.Marine spokesman Major Chris Perrine said the culprit was believed to be based in Hawaii."We do not tolerate this type of behaviour and will take appropriate action," he said.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jh … ppy104.xml

the guy who threw the puppy
https://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m302/ABS_PC_1/puppy.jpg

Last edited by blademaster (2008-03-08 21:18:08)

Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5965|London, England

seen it

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=95102

Last edited by Mutantsteak (2008-03-08 21:11:23)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6313

First off, welcome back Blade.

Glad this guy got what was coming to him. What do you guys think will happen to him? Dismissed? Suspended without pay?
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6646

ebug9 wrote:

First off, welcome back Blade.
thx man

Last edited by blademaster (2008-03-08 21:17:42)

cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6290|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

It sure is cOLD here in New York.

Always wanted to steal that from Hurri.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6707
I thought that the video was a fake.
Commie Killer
+192|6388
He threw a puppy off a cliff. ITS A FUCKING PUPPY NOT A HUMAN. Its a animal, which was probably gonna spend its life running around the streets of some city. Seriously, you guys make me sick, dont give a shit when a human dies but if a puppy is thrown off a cliff...

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

Actually yeah, I think it has been established that the video is a fake.

Last edited by Commie Killer (2008-03-08 21:22:44)

Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6766|Cambridge (UK)

Commie Killer wrote:

He threw a puppy off a cliff. ITS A FUCKING PUPPY NOT A HUMAN. Its a animal, which was probably gonna spend its life running around the streets of some city. Seriously, you guys make me sick, dont give a shit when a human dies but if a puppy is thrown off a cliff...

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

The point is not whether it's a puppy or a human nor whether the video is fake or not - the point is that, either way, it's sick and this Marine (if he did it or made the video) is sick.
kripp
+42|6742|Florida (305)

Commie Killer wrote:

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

A puppy is innocent and helpless. I love animals so fuck you. If I would see you and a puppy drowning at the same time ill save the puppy and watch you go under while I sit there petting my new puppy.
Bulldogz
Blacking Out the Friction
+32|6000|Rexburg, Idaho

Commie Killer wrote:

if the moron had thrown a child into a ravine, the response would've been the same.

Last edited by Bulldogz (2008-03-08 21:35:57)

Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6464|meh-land

Commie Killer wrote:

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

we care when a human dies

but a puppy is defenseless, whereas the human is not

so killing a defenseless puppy is considered very bad

Don't feed the troll
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6707

kripp wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

A puppy is innocent and helpless. I love animals so fuck you. If I would see you and a puppy drowning at the same time ill save the puppy and watch you go under while I sit there petting my new puppy.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!

I'd normally say we keep the DST matter out of this usually, but whatever.

I just find it strange that people won't even flinch upon hearing that 5 (arbitrary number) soldiers (or Iraqis/Afghanis) have been killed on a given day, and yet raise up hell in a hand basket about a possibly fake video of a possibly dead puppy thrown over a cliff.
Bulldogz
Blacking Out the Friction
+32|6000|Rexburg, Idaho

cowami wrote:

I just find it strange that people won't even flinch upon hearing that 5 (arbitrary number) soldiers (or Iraqis/Afghanis) have been killed on a given day, and yet raise up hell in a hand basket about a possibly fake video of a possibly dead puppy thrown over a cliff.
Just like others have mentioned here, humans can defend themselves, whilst a small dog cannot. It is completly innocent, unlike possibly a hostile older dog, possibly endangering the marines or giving away their position. This marine had ZERO reason to toss that poor animal over that cliff, because 1. as a result of the dogs size and age, the dog was obviously not endangering them in anyway, 2. they were in the middle of the desert, with no fire fight going on, so it wasn't giving away their position, and 3. that dog could do nothing to stop that marine from tossing it. Even if it had tried that puppies mouth and claws aren't nearly strong enough to get that marine to let him go.

and even if this video is proved to be false, this marine is pretty f***ed up to be tossing a dead puppy around.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6644
boo hoo
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6464|meh-land
there's also the fact that a video of it was made and the soldiers were making fun of it

If a terrorist was executed on tape and the video was uploaded to the internet, it would cause FAR more dramas than the puppy...

that's why
Schwarzelungen
drunklenglungen
+133|6297|Bloomington Indiana

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

boo hoo
basically.      the videos prolly fake anyway
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6530|Global Command

Commie Killer wrote:

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

Hey man, I'm as fucking gung ho die hard American as it gets.

That marine is a fucking douchebag, and if he ends up getting fucked up in Iraq, oh well.
Seriously. Karma is a mother fucker and karma in this case is a national concern. I have zero tolerance for people mean enough to hurt puppies and less for those retarded enough to post it on youtube.
cocksucker.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!

Bulldogz wrote:

cowami wrote:

Just like others have mentioned here, humans can defend themselves, whilst a small dog cannot. It is completly innocent, unlike possibly a hostile older dog, possibly endangering the marines or giving away their position. This marine had ZERO reason to toss that poor animal over that cliff, because 1. as a result of the dogs size and age, the dog was obviously not endangering them in anyway, 2. they were in the middle of the desert, with no fire fight going on, so it wasn't giving away their position, and 3. that dog could do nothing to stop that marine from tossing it. Even if it had tried that puppies mouth and claws aren't nearly strong enough to get that marine to let him go.

and even if this video is proved to be false, this marine is pretty f***ed up to be tossing a dead puppy around.
Even so, there are more pressing matters (though the term is relative, I guess) in the world today. The Yugoslavia area is in turmoil, the Israel and Palestine conflict is escalating, Russia's flexing its muscles once again.

I don't know, it just seems to me that a puppy is less important to me than the fate of the world. Like I said before though, it's probably just a matter of opinion.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6519|Montucky

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

boo hoo
agreed. there are bigger problems in this world not just some stupid video on youtube.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6519|Montucky

S3v3N wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

boo hoo
agreed. there are bigger problems in this world not just some stupid video on youtube.
its only an outrage because he's in the U.S. Military.  If I made a video of myself wearing street clothes throwing a dog into a revine nobody would give a shit except PETA. but we can agree they are idiots.
colonelioan
+14|6457|Kanada
Fucking Idiots, I'd do this with that retard, and also put some MG-42 Rounds in his mouth, stupid marines.

Edit: I'm sure even Ben Laden wouldn't do that.

Last edited by colonelioan (2008-03-08 22:08:41)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6644
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6530|Global Command

S3v3N wrote:

S3v3N wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

boo hoo
its only an outrage because he's in the U.S. Military.  If I made a video of myself wearing street clothes throwing a dog into a revine nobody would give a shit except PETA. but we can agree they are idiots.
You're wrong. I'd say you should be tarred and feathered.
Smithereener
+138|6316|California

colonelioan wrote:

Fucking Idiots, I'd do this with that retard, and also put some MG-42 Rounds in his mouth, stupid marines.
Because the actions of a few warrant the condemnation of the rest?

Don't get me wrong, it's horrible that someone would actually throw a puppy to its death and still grin about it. Even worse to post it on youtube to show everyone else their exploits. But in the end, it's just another dead animal. We see roadkill all the time - within this week, I saw three different cats on the street - but the world keeps spinning. There are other, far worse atrocities occuring elsewhere, that warrant more attention than this.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard