daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6582
I have a ASUS P5N32-E SLi motherboard and whenever I boot it up it always takes forever with the memory testing.

Like I could eat an entire dinner and it would still be going. I would say close to ten minuets.

I know I can skip it by pressing escape, but I would like to turn it off altogether.

Any ideas?
Nessie09
I "fix" things
+107|6677|The Netherlands
There is probably a "Quick boot" option in your BIOS. It will disable some of the POST checks, possibly what you are experiencing now.

(With me, It's under boot settings)

Last edited by Nessie09 (2008-03-08 11:52:05)

.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6460|The Twilight Zone

Nessie09 wrote:

There is probably a "Fast boot" option in your BIOS. It will disable some of the POST checks, possibly what you are experiencing now.
It doesn't disable memory checking but it might help anyway.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Nessie09
I "fix" things
+107|6677|The Netherlands

.Sup wrote:

Nessie09 wrote:

There is probably a "Fast boot" option in your BIOS. It will disable some of the POST checks, possibly what you are experiencing now.
I checked, and when I disable this option, it will take a LOT longer for the memory check.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6204|Winland

Nessie09 wrote:

.Sup wrote:

Nessie09 wrote:

I checked, and when I disable this option, it will take a LOT longer for the memory check.
Yes. The Quick boot (May be named otherways) skips the "deeper" memory test. 10 minutes is way too long, though, something is wrong.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6460|The Twilight Zone
Do you have an external HDD drive?
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6582
I fixed it. I enabled quick boot like you said. Thanks all.

I may have exaggerated to test time.
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6006|The Mitten

daffytag wrote:

I may have exaggerated to test time.

oh well. Glad you got it fixed.
EE (hats

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard