HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5966|Washington DC
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iams

Now I know PETA is generally insane, but you can't make shit like this up (especially with video)

PETA alleges that they engage in unnecessary procedures, like debarking of dogs and that their test animals are subjected to poor living conditions. PETA conducted an undercover investigation for nearly 10 months in an Iams contract laboratory. The investigator captured on a hidden camera images of dogs turning around in circles compulsively for hours, dogs with vocal chords severed, dogs with part of their leg muscles hacked out, as well as dogs in severe cold or heat, sick, and an absence of veterinary care for the animals being tested on. Part of this undercover video can be watched here. However, there have been controversy over the investigating organizations. Mayor Rod DesJardins of Munising, Michigan, called PETA "radical extremists with a bizarre philosophy that considers the life of an insect equal to the life of a human being." [6] Moreover, the report claims debarking of dogs was done purely to be inhumane when in fact dog barking is something many people report is extremely unpleasant[3][4][5] and it has even caused people such suffering that they lost their sanity and poisoned their neighbor's barking dogs which happens often enough to make regular news reports.
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6531|Milkystania, yurop
Gonna tell my friend so she dosent buy it....those bastards
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6202|Winland

Eugh. Disgusting.

This is the first time I've stopped watching a video on the internet because I "can't take it". Not much gets me, but animal cruelty, especially to dogs is something I just hate above most.

I wish that I'd be able to just blow a bomb there.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6399|The Gem Saloon
oh my god.
i cant even begin to tell you how much that turned my stomach.
i would love to catch up to those fucking cunts and slice their vocal cords....better yet, slice all the major tendons and turn them into fucking puppets.

fuck them, i have never bought that shit, and now everyone i know wont buy it either.

Nutro FTW!

https://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/parkercustoms/taylor021.jpg

https://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/parkercustoms/Taylor022.jpg

seriously, what kind of sick fuck could do that to a dog?
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5936|Somewhere out in Space
Rofl, probably staged in some supr sekrit lab house knowing PETA.

Also, in b4 ALF.

Last edited by N00bkilla55404 (2008-03-07 07:59:03)

Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6531|Milkystania, yurop

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

Rofl, probably staged in some supr sekrit lab house knowing PETA.

Also, in b4 ALF.
Lets do the same things to you
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic
+178|6448|Stealth City, UK
What if one of those dogs was going to become the next President or find the cure for cancer......oh right, none of them.

I can understand the de-barking, but I wouldn't want them to go up to a dog and just cut the chords. What was the muscle thing about, they wouldn't just do it for fun.

And its not IAMS, its a contracted test facility, IAMS can get another one that treats those dogs better.

Now I know I'm going to get flamed, but hey, I'm a big boy.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6572|NYC / Hamburg

buLLet_t00th wrote:

What if one of those dogs was going to become the next President or find the cure for cancer......oh right, none of them.

I can understand the de-barking, but I wouldn't want them to go up to a dog and just cut the chords. What was the muscle thing about, they wouldn't just do it for fun.

And its not IAMS, its a contracted test facility, IAMS can get another one that treats those dogs better.

Now I know I'm going to get flamed, but hey, I'm a big boy.
I also wonder about the muscle thing. What's that good for?
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6601|Michigan, USA
As horrible as it sounds, I honestly can't fully beleive PETA, those people are the worst propoganda group ive seen, and they always show the worst possible things imaginable to try and sway people.  Of course its going to be horrible treatment, and im against it,but PETA is full of crap.

This line really gets me
Ingrid Newkirk, PETA President, has stated, "[Even if animal research produced a cure for AIDS], we'd be against it."
These people would rather have millions suffer rather then allow animals to be harmed.  As much as im against animals being harmed in such horrible means, I can still understand the sacrifice of a few for the greater good of all.
DankmanHightimes
+24|6505|atlanta GA
only 5 years late this was back in 2002-2003
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6767

Has Iams stopped doing it?  That's what I want to know.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6762|Argentina
Royal Canin.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6767

Scratch my above post.

"Both the American Kennel Club and the American Veterinary Medical Association have issued statements supporting the Iams Company."

Move along people, nothing to see here.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6690|Espoo, Finland
If PETA did that them selves, I wouldn't be supriced at all.
Why would they keep the dogs in really bad health if they are trying to develope healthy food for dogs?
Makes no damn sense.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6543|Long Island, New York
ASPCA > Shit > PETA.

Don't ever listen to PETA, man. EVER. They're twist video around to make it look worse than it actually is. The ASPCA is a non-profit organization, and they actually work with police departments. I worked there last summer (the NYC one). Trust me. They're awesome, but PETA is fail.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6583|Columbus, OH

usmarine wrote:

Scratch my above post.

"Both the American Kennel Club and the American Veterinary Medical Association have issued statements supporting the Iams Company."

Move along people, nothing to see here.
Roger TK421
Volatile
+252|6709|Sextupling in Empire

Lol at outrage over debarking. Ever been to a dog show? There are many individuals that have the procedure done to their pets, and they also keep them in tiny little cages.
CTD-CaptainBuck
BLEEDING BLUE
+71|6773|Tenn
bein mean cruel to test animals is wrong... but these PETA tards want us to be nice to chicken and cattle. decorate the slaughterhouse with Hello Kitty colors and give them pedicures to make em more comfortable, then WACK their heads off freeze em and shove em in plastic. a lot more humane i guess *shrugs*
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5966|Washington DC

Volatile wrote:

Lol at outrage over debarking. Ever been to a dog show? There are many individuals that have the procedure done to their pets, and they also keep them in tiny little cages.
That's fucking inhumane as well.
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6661|UK
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This makes me so fucking mad, ok i am not fully against animal testing in some respects but for a dog food com'on. wont ever buy any of that food or anything related to them again WANKERS

thanks for the info Hurricaine
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6645|Your moms bedroom
my cat only eats Purina
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6690|Espoo, Finland

Rubix-Cubes wrote:

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This makes me so fucking mad, ok i am not fully against animal testing in some respects but for a dog food com'on. wont ever buy any of that food or anything related to them again WANKERS

Don't trust PETA, no matter what they say.
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6661|UK

Gawwad wrote:

Rubix-Cubes wrote:

Don't trust PETA, no matter what they say.
so what you saying that this could all be a bunch of arsehatteryyy???
Volatile
+252|6709|Sextupling in Empire

HurricaИe wrote:

Volatile wrote:

That's fucking inhumane as well.
What I meant to say was that people that show their animals in competitions are insane when it comes to caring for their pets. Some of the higher ranked AKC dogs can be worth over $10,000. If it physically was painful for the dog, I doubt that they would have the procedure done.
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6661|UK

Locoloki wrote:

my cat only eats Purina
i had a GF called Purina, all i did was eat her

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard