White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6553|Scotland
I have been thinking about getting a new desk for a while. But would like to see where the best place to get them is from.

The one I have now has plenty room for my keyboard and mouse (and massive mouse pad) which is a must for me. But I would just like a bigger desk as there is nothing else in the room.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6395|The Gem Saloon
i built mine.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6494|N. Ireland
Ikea Mikhael + Glass Top
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6600|Cheshire. UK
Same here !! ( well my father did)  then you can configure how you want it!!
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6553|Scotland
If I could build anything... or knew anyone that could build it, I would get them to do it for me = /
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6199|Winland

I'm using mom's old desk (And a little extension that I've made (Fuck, this pharenthesis should be behind the "from her childhood", but I don't wanna move it.)) from her childhood. She got it when she was 9 Quality stuff!
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
jord
+2,382|6679|The North, beyond the wall.
Mines just a dining table.
Parker
isteal

White-Fusion wrote:

If I could build anything... or knew anyone that could build it, I would get them to do it for me = /
do you have tools?

its pretty basic carpentry, and there are plans EVERYWHERE for that type of shit.
Hope_is_lost117
Psy squad
+49|5998|Belgium

kylef wrote:

Ikea Mikhael + Glass Top
I got the exact same thing
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6553|Scotland

Parker wrote:

White-Fusion wrote:

do you have tools?

its pretty basic carpentry, and there are plans EVERYWHERE for that type of shit.
Yeah got the tools in the garage. Just wouldn't know where to start really. Guess I could get my dad to come over and help me out...
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6628|UK
Argos, I believe.
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6752
not sure about the desk, but if you have the money, i would get one of these chairs

Swivel Chair

bosses have them in work and there are really good.
Parker
isteal

White-Fusion wrote:

Parker wrote:

White-Fusion wrote:

do you have tools?

Yeah got the tools in the garage. Just wouldn't know where to start really. Guess I could get my dad to come over and help me out...
search for some plans....then you can start by pricing lumber and hardware....after that, its kinda like legos
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6455|The Twilight Zone
Custom built.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6448|Chicago, IL
came with the room
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6622|London, England
What gaming desk. It's just flat pieces of wood assembled into a basic desk with a drawer that barely works, because it's overloaded with junk
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6494|N. Ireland

theDude5B wrote:

not sure about the desk, but if you have the money, i would get one of these chairs

Swivel Chair

bosses have them in work and there are really good.
I found those ridiculously uncomfortable for prolonged use. My back isn't the best (but not "bad") and I find a chair with a medium sized back (eg coming up to just below your collarbone) is best.
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6481|Somewhere else

Big Lots

$60. Nothing Fancy.

Mostly metal, not that shit Balsa wood.

Most things from big lots are cheap quality, but this wasnt too bad suprisingly.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6675|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
I got mine from pc world 5 years ago now.  The bit that holds the keyboard up has lost it's brackets that hold the runners (you slide the panel in/out) and its just sat there by the skin of it's shit waiting to drop at the slightest bump.

I can't do that diy stuff so got my step son to put it together and he did a good job at it so it's not his fault.  I'd say there a good bet if you wanted one.  Not sure what offers they got on at the moment.

Edited (as you can see) - Fusion - your asking a trick question arn't you? Don't you get 10% off by your new employer?  Or are you on a spying mission and will storm the directors boardroom tomorrow and show him your new idea's along with competitors desks.  Nothing wrong with climbing to the top but don't get a nose bleed through altitude sickness while your at it j/k

Last edited by 1927 (2008-03-05 08:09:39)

joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6600|Cheshire. UK

1927 wrote:

I got mine from pc world 5 years ago now.  The bit that holds the keyboard up has lost it's brackets that hold the runners (you slide the panel in/out) and its just sat there by the skin of it's shit waiting to drop at the slightest bump.

I can't do that diy stuff so got my step son to put it together and he did a good job at it so it's not his fault.  I'd say there a good bet if you wanted one.  Not sure what offers they got on at the moment.
PC World...scary !!!!!
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6519|USA
local college closeout sale.
i spent  more for a can of spray paint than i did the desk.  WORD.
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6528|Milkystania, yurop
Ikea, nuff said
Lieutenant_Jensen
Your cops are corrupt.
+200|6392|fÄking denmark
Ikea I think.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6675|Cardiff, Capital of Wales

joker3327 wrote:

1927 wrote:

PC World...scary !!!!!
It's still standing though even after all this time.  Yes thats right Elton John served me that day.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard