Parambulator
+0|6723
I'm thinking about buying it... Does anybody has it and if so.. Do you like it?
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6739
this guy at work has it, he says he doesnt like it(says if feels cheap). I told him i was gonna get one he said dont bother just get a good joystick and youll enjoy it more.
deject
Got His War On
+37|6775|Golden, CO
in theory it's a decent idea, but in reality it's pretty dumb.  just stick with a regular keyboard.
Seth Infinite
+3|6741|Houston, The Republic of Texas
I've got one and I like it for playing. Big movement buttons and some seperation between buttons but it's a bitch for typing in game messages. The keyboard can be changed out while powered up is also nice. And, as someone said, it does feel cheap but that doesn't affect the game.

I got my Z board when I got the game so there was no transition period. If you're already playing and use to a standard keyboard you should probably stay there. If your new to the game, a Z board isn't that expensive.
Jerry_Signfeld
+2|6720
I own one now.My wife gave it to me for Christmas and I have to say its not all that bad. I have been using the Nostromo N52 for a while now. Hard to change up right now. I am on vacation this week so I thought I would sit down and try to use it. It is more comfortable when resting your hand on it than a regular keyboard.
As for the price its not too bad either!
Badcow68
+4|6726|Tucson, AZ
Got one and loved it. Got one for my son. He loves it. Let sister and bother in law try it and they each have one of their own now. Couple of friends have one too. For FPS, they are great. Have used it as well as other keysets for over 6 months and had no problems. If you use one, may never want to use anything else. But thats just me.
cocoasdad
+0|6744
I have one and it is easier for me than the buttons on a regular keyboard, although I wouldn't say it is a huge step up.

My wife plays another online game and we have the keyset for that as well. She finds it much easier to use.
gun.piranha
+1|6708
N52 all the way, had a zboard, sold it, just wasnt worth it to me compared to how good the n52 is
Torin
+52|6694
If you've been playing FPS games for years with a regular keyboard, I wouldn't recommend it. I had to replace my keyboard a little while back and tried a Zboard, and just couldn't get used to it. I ended up returning it and getting another regular keyboard.
Wisher1981
+1|6756|SWEDEN
ehh i got something called flexi glow.. it goes in your usb.. and u use it next to your keybord... kind of like z-board.. but its only the stearing buttons and a bunch of keys around.. not a whole keybord.. so i can use both at the same time.. i like it... took about a night of gaming to get used to.. but if im honest.. u dont need it.. and u dont need z-board either... maybe good if your playing sports games... a little bit easier..

But i simply love my Joystick.. Bought a cheap as one first, and it sucked.. tryed my friends and bought a simmillar... now i can actually fly planes pretty good... not played much.. but... a good joystick gets u far... both in planes and choppers... EXTREME 3D PRO LOGITECH i love u...
(IOC)WhiteLion
+0|6722
I have one and work great for me. i use joystick for air vehicle and all other on zboard.
yuck7777
+12|6776|USA
I have one. I love it. I have the bf2 keyset and call of duty 2. I use joystick for planes and helis. My 5 year old son uses it too. Hes already finished call of duty 2 on easy and normal and is working on the next level. He's dropped it a few times, didn't break. I like the fact that once I got use to it I don't have to look at the keys. And if you do have to look there all labeled.
capt.flam
+2|6686
go f**k yourself parambultor
and get out of this forum !!
mort4u
Artillery catcher
+5|6840|Munich, Germany

capt.flam wrote:

go f**k yourself parambultor
and get out of this forum !!
wow most senseless flame ive ever seen but i guess you will leave this forum soon

anyway i thought about the zboard for a while but im nore likely to go for a logitech G15 board. it also has nice special keys but you are still able to type, im just to lazy to change the keyset all the time
jamiecracker
+17|6749|Wollongong,Australia
i have one and after a bit to get used to it i like it..yes it does feel cheap but it works well
Burnside44
+0|6679|Wisconsin.
Im getting one sooo i hope i will like it, from the posts i have seen here it looks like 4 out of 5 people would recommend it so that looks good enough for me... Woot i cant wait!!
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6770|Human Meat Shield
I got it.. I like it, but it is very hard to type in game. I have to look at the keys, so I can't spawn right away or I have to really hide to type. Its really nice, but takes time to get used to..
reg-waters
+0|6679
i got 1 and swear by it  i rarely dont get vechiles it seems to help there and  the labeling is awesome and can switch it with reg keyset in like less than a minute i love it and recomend it highly
and the keyset look awesome and they support a lot of games . when i got it the keyset where like 20buxs now there like 10 so what a deal frag on
Inquatitis
+1|6640
if you know how to type and know your way around a regular 101 button keyboard you have no use for a Z-board.
i use a normal keyboard, ive tried using the Zboard and other "gaming enhanced" boards but i just see it as a waste of space and money.
luckybaer
+10|6776| Going Feral

Jerry_Signfeld wrote:

I own one now.My wife gave it to me for Christmas and I have to say its not all that bad. I have been using the Nostromo N52 for a while now. Hard to change up right now. I am on vacation this week so I thought I would sit down and try to use it. It is more comfortable when resting your hand on it than a regular keyboard.
As for the price its not too bad either!
Nostromo N52 rocks.  My statistical improvements started after I reassessed my likes/dislikes and strengths and weaknesses.  I started playing maps that I liked and playing kits that max points and have weapons I like (like the G36E and the MG36).  Also, right about that time, I bought my N52.  I can't play without it now.
xhashashinx
Banned
+0|6655
i bought one for both of my computers.....i love em...they do feel cheap...but...they work great...i use a joystick for flying and my zboard for everything else.... if you dont like your wasd keyboard then a zboard is a def step up....i had no problem with a keyboard before ...but i do find the zboard easier...and being able to download basiclly any keyset for any game rocks
i say..if your looking for a good gaming keyboard..i def recomend the zbooard...
Thrasher
+1|6654
I used a 101 keyboard for a long time.  Decided to get the Zboard to try it out.  I have to say, I really like it now, but there was a breaking-in period to get used to the altered keyboard layout.  I tried reconfiguring some of the buttons, but had conflicts with other configurations (this is just BF2, typical setup problem).  I just ended up getting used to the positions in default, and now I'm comfortable with it.  And, yes, it sucks to type messages with the gaming keysets.  I just don't bother wasting my time, lowers my score/minute. 
Rick9x
+0|6626
Have both the zboard and the saitek eclipse, the zboard does feel cheap but works, but the saitek is great with the illuminated keyboard and heavy base that doesnt move while playing
Skinnister
+43|6727|UK
zboard has improved my game play alot and it goes perfect with the Razer boomslang mouse
Amunhotep
+0|6709
I first had the Zboard for a few months but the printing on some of the keys (most used) worn out and i didnt really like the positions of the keys.  to many keys on the left side are to low positioned.
Then i used a saitek eclipse, has nice looks but it has a problem with simultanious use of 3 buttons which makes it sux on FPS-games.  i use a logitech keyboard now.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard