rr4406pak
+1|6702
If you go to your BF2 multiplayer screen you will see all the internet servers listed.
To the left of each server name you see a row of icons.
Does anyone know what these mean?

Row 1: Is usually a red bar but sometimes it is green. What does it mean?
Row 2: Usually shows a grey bar but sometimes shows a yellow triangle or the number 64.
Row 3: Shows the red number 2. Obviously showing it is a BF2 server.
Row 4: Yellow arm patch bars. Shows it is a ranked server I assume.
Row 5: Earphones obviously show if voice is supported.
Row 6: Punkbuster icon is obvious.
Row 7: Usually shows a green TV but some rare times it is shown without a green TV.

The reason I want to know is that I cannot connect and play anymore as I used to be able to. I have been trying to connect for weeks. When I try and click on servers without the "Green TV" I sometimes can get in for about 12 seconds until it says "Your connection to the server has been lost". Servers with the "Green TV" icon I can't get into at all. It loads and says it is verifying client information, but I can never get the "Join Game" button to show up.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.
Psycho
Member since 2005
+44|6785|Kansas, USA
Row 1: Don't know (I'm curious about this as well)

Row 2: This is the server type. The grey bar is supposed to be a computer - this is for a Windows OS server, the 64 is for a 64bit Windows OS, the yellow triangle? This is a Penguin which represents a linux OS

Row 3: Red2 - Battlefield 2, Green2 - Special Forces, Red! - Custome Mod

Rows 4-6, you assumptions are correct

Row 7: Green TV is for Battlerecorder
FireTiger
+0|6778
1. Don't know yet
2. type of server (dedicated, Linux (the traingle is actially a penguin) or 64 processor)
3.  red 2 = Battlefield 2 server, green 2 = battlefield Special forces server
4. indeed, ranked or not ranked
5. indeed earphones
6. punkbuster
7. if battle recorder is on or off, you can download the battlerecorderfile (if any) by clickin on community)

there can be several possibilities for you game:
1. your computer is to slow to load the game and you get kicked because your to long idle.
2. your ping is way to high and you cannot connect with the server (or that can be the raison why you are getting kicked).
3. Your playing with a wrong version of BF2, try patching to the latest version in this case.

Normally Battlerecorder doesn't have anything to do with it.

Hope i helped you.
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6746
from what i understand...
row 1 is server load. red - bad, green - good
row 2 is OS
row 3 is game mod/version
row 4 ranked/ unranked
row 5 voip
row 6 punk buster enabled
row 7 unknown

I thought row 7 was for battle recorder too but i have also read that it is something to do with server defualts setup.
edit: if it is for the battle recorder that would explain why alot of servers have horrible lag, it should be turned off so that the server plays better.

Last edited by IBKCKNURASS (2006-01-05 10:01:35)

Taffy
+0|6714
1. The bar icon on the far left of the server browser indicates the load on the server machine.  It is common for this icon to be red
BurlySmurf
+1|6763|Nellis AFB
Are you running the most current patch? v1.12
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6856|"Frisco"

Some clear ups:

Row 1) Yeah, it's a load meter, but it's highly unreliable. I have never, ever once in 250 hours of gaming seen a windows server in the green, or a linux server in the red. I think that indicator is faulty (kind of like the ping is never accurate at all...)

Row 5) Yeah, voip -- but don't count on it. A LOT of servers report that they have VOIP, but in game I've discovered it to simply not work. Meh.
funkfor20
+0|6728
I would update your patch .... here
http://www.ea.com/official/battlefield/battlefield2/us/downloads.jsp
rr4406pak
+1|6702
To BurlySmurf & funkfor20,

I do have the latest v1.12 patch.
I played the game fine for like a week then all of a sudden the connection drop thing started happening.
I even tried uninstalling the whole game and reinstalling BF2 and the patch.
I know they just upgraded the firewall here at my workplace and I thought that that was the cause. But even after a few days with their new firewall in place I was able to get on and play some full games. After that one day though I've never been able to get back on...
[GDC]SinnFein
Got Whiskey?
+63|6795|Meiriceá - frm 'Real Capital'
actually, thanks for asking this question I was kinda curious meself but never thought of asking..
Easy_4TH
+2|6651
so the green tv IS battlerecorder?  i could have sworn i tried using starting the recording in a server with the green tv and it didnt work.  what is the command to start recording?  or, beter yet, a link to a thread that explains it?  thanks.
RockySAD
+1|6624
EA tells you what all the icons are just go to support and type in keywords for your question or ask them personaly=)i 4get what they all are but i would tell ya so you wouldnt have to go through the trouble sorry=(

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard