lxcpikiman
imbad @ bf2
+70|6594|Toronto-Canada
you know what else would've been nice in bf2 ANOTHER game mode: Capture the flag, that mode was awesome in bf1942, desert combat, i hope they bring that back in bf3.
IonYou
+3|6632
BF2 is the WORST game I've ever had the misfortune to see!
My grandmother could do better.

You know the bugs: People in walls making them invincible, feet sticking out of walls making them vulnerable, hitbox=fail, hitreg=fail, weapons unbalanced (g36e whoring). Certain kits having an advantage. (medic hoar) Having said that, it's still the most fun out there because everything else sucks even worse.

What BF3 really needs if anything is more realism. Like separate hit boxes for arms, legs, head and torso. A shot to the head=kill. A couple of shots to the torso=kill. A shot to the arm=screwy aim. A shot to the leg= forced crouch or prone (you fall down & your aim is screwy as in you can't use ironsights till you get back up) and can't run or jump anymore. Sniper rifles should have some movement when you try to aim. Also no part of the player model should end up inside a wall. It can easily be coded that way and new hardware (quad core) can easily handle the extra overhead for this check including the updated graphics engine which will be pumping out more polygons. Destructible terrain is a bonus but NOT at the cost of an improved gameplay engine!

what say you yay or nay?
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6521

IonYou wrote:

BF2 is the WORST game I've ever had the misfortune to see!
My grandmother could do better.

You know the bugs: People in walls making them invincible, feet sticking out of walls making them vulnerable, hitbox=fail, hitreg=fail, weapons unbalanced (g36e whoring). Certain kits having an advantage. (medic hoar) Having said that, it's still the most fun out there because everything else sucks even worse.

What BF3 really needs if anything is more realism. Like separate hit boxes for arms, legs, head and torso. A shot to the head=kill. A couple of shots to the torso=kill. A shot to the arm=screwy aim. A shot to the leg= forced crouch or prone (you fall down & your aim is screwy as in you can't use ironsights till you get back up) and can't run or jump anymore. Sniper rifles should have some movement when you try to aim. Also no part of the player model should end up inside a wall. It can easily be coded that way and new hardware (quad core) can easily handle the extra overhead for this check including the updated graphics engine which will be pumping out more polygons. Destructible terrain is a bonus but NOT at the cost of an improved gameplay engine!

what say you yay or nay?
QQ
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6445|Chicago, IL

lxcpikiman wrote:

you know what else would've been nice in bf2 ANOTHER game mode: Capture the flag, that mode was awesome in bf1942, desert combat, i hope they bring that back in bf3.
Shaguart
Titties
+56|6368|Calgary, Canada

ig wrote:

i posted this here because i didn't want any biased opinions from posting it in the bf2 section.

i'm starting to think that there won't be. i've played so many different games, but nothing compares to the times that i've had on battlefield 2.

the video game industry made twice as much as the box office last year, and all they could do was put out cod4?

if bf3 doesn't kick total ass, i'm done with pc gaming. sure i'll always play bf2 as long as there are servers, but i'm sick of wasting $50 on some bs game that i play for 10 fucking hours.

how fucking hard is it to make a fucking bug free game that pleases the masses? it almost makes me want to go in to video game production or some shit because i'm pretty sure i could do a way better job than these incompetent assholes that make games nowadays.

thoughts?
CS?
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6521

Shaguart wrote:

ig wrote:

i posted this here because i didn't want any biased opinions from posting it in the bf2 section.

i'm starting to think that there won't be. i've played so many different games, but nothing compares to the times that i've had on battlefield 2.

the video game industry made twice as much as the box office last year, and all they could do was put out cod4?

if bf3 doesn't kick total ass, i'm done with pc gaming. sure i'll always play bf2 as long as there are servers, but i'm sick of wasting $50 on some bs game that i play for 10 fucking hours.

how fucking hard is it to make a fucking bug free game that pleases the masses? it almost makes me want to go in to video game production or some shit because i'm pretty sure i could do a way better job than these incompetent assholes that make games nowadays.

thoughts?
CS?
lulz?
Shaguart
Titties
+56|6368|Calgary, Canada

ig wrote:

Shaguart wrote:

ig wrote:

thoughts?
CS?
lulz?
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6106|Birmingham, UK
Probably not.
pers0nah
Waste Kid
+271|6581|MANCHESTERRR
i hope not

cant afford to become that addicted to a game again. lol.
irishtop
Hopscotch Champion
+11|6162|Houston, Texas
i think bf3 will be pretty decent. the battlefield series has done quite well in my opinion
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6311

ig wrote:

Bring back the people that invented Super Mario Bros if you want a bug-free game.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6445|Chicago, IL

ebug9 wrote:

ig wrote:

Bring back the people that invented Super Mario Bros if you want a bug-free game.
I once got stuck under the level in Mario...

Bugs are older than video games, thats part of the fun
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6407|Somersetshire
i know a bug free game (nearly)

nethack, so simple yet complex

best game ever IMO
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6311

S.Lythberg wrote:

ebug9 wrote:

ig wrote:

I once got stuck under the level in Mario...

Bugs are older than video games, thats part of the fun
God dammit I knew someone would find something wrong with it.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6577|Columbus, OH
BF2 is what I mostly play; it still kicks ass even with the newer games. In a way, I am kinda glad because I am not spending money to upgrade my PC or build a new high-end PC.
Shem
sɥǝɯ
+152|6526|London (At Heart)

No FPS has compared for me.

I played LOTRO for 3 months until I hit top level with half of the legendary set.

I couldnt face up to losing every weekend to raiding so, now I have nothing.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6499|so randum

Ryan wrote:

I went back to BF2 after a year of not playing and absolutely hated it. The hitreg was terrible, took a million shots to kill someone (I'm too used to hardcore CoD4 I guess) and the accuracy of the guns seemed to be worse than before. Tbh, I think BF2 isn't very fun anymore, no matter how many people play it. It's almost 3 years old, and bigger and better games are coming out.
Pretty much the same for me.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6678
I fell in love with BF2 right from the start. I played the shit out of that game. But nothing good lasts forever. Next thay "fixed" a bunch of "stuff" that wasn't broken. Patch this up , patch that up. 6 patches later I felt like the game I once fell in love with turned into a big lump of steaming dog poo. I just couldn't bother playing it any more. I hated how EA catered to the complainers about bunny hopping and everything else. But the one thing that killed it for me was how they messed with my favorite class Special ops and how the C4 packs became a cludggy/slow process of tossing the pack, switching to the detonator, then having to REarm another pack to toss on a tank let's say and then having to REarm another and THEN finally detonate all three packs. Bh too hard to explain but they "fixed" it to a point where I got so pissed off with it. I LIVED to take a fast buggy and blow up the radar and howitzer's and stuff. Taking away my ability to blow stuff up quickly like I did in the first version turned me off to BF2 and sure as shit they will do it to every other game they make. Done with EA's on-line MP games. I'm a big fan of NOT fixing shit that isn't broken. EA is ALL ABOUT fixing shit the noobs complain about. No dout when your read " Game play exsperience my change on-line" they mean it. Another thing that sucks is everyone seems to jump right on board. When a new patch comes out it's like it's the best thing since sliced bread.
I read the "things fixed" , get the patch and realise something else is broken now. So I uninstall, reload the whole game from scratch and low and behold no other servers are using the last version. Bah , tossed the CD into the microwave .....
Markooo*Est
Previously known as CC-Marley
+334|6147|Estonia

ig wrote:

thoughts?
Same thoughts, there no better game...
Markooo*Est
+334|6147|Estonia
Bf3 could be big big big money tree for EA if they can do bug free game which everyone likes.

Last edited by Markooo*Est (2008-03-26 14:48:47)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6620|London, England
I'll tell you what, this Frostbite Engine that DICE have made looks awesome. If BF3 can build on how nice BC looks like, then it should be a killer. I can just imagine a PR mod for BF3 already.
Markooo*Est
+334|6147|Estonia

NeXuS4909 wrote:

halo series
go home

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard