Graphic-J
The Artist formerly known as GraphicArtist-J
+196|6118|So Cal
Can't wait till BF11 comes out.
P.S. BF2 is the best Multiplayer game out there IMO. I don't really play SP anymore so i guess BF2 is thee best.
I mean what other game with vehicles do you see 10-65 yr old players playing a game online? .....W.O.W.?... Lolwut?!
https://i44.tinypic.com/28vg66s.jpg
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6514

Im_Dooomed wrote:

I've surely spent the majority of my hours on BF2, although...
you referring to this by any chance?

https://img107.imageshack.us/img107/9517/windowsfailys1ak6.jpg
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6440

CoD series is better. At least CoD2 and CoD4. But games that last few hours are total waste of money. I never buy them.
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6333|Atlanta, Georgia
halo series
ig
+1,199|6514

r'Eeee wrote:

CoD series is better. At least CoD2 and CoD4.
how so?

NeXuS4909 wrote:

halo series
and i'll take it that's a joke?

Last edited by ig (2008-03-04 14:06:40)

r'Eeee
+311|6440

ig wrote:

r'Eeee wrote:

and how so?
I enjoy them more?

http://www.xfire.com/profile/evildead2789/
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6544|Scotland
I know what you mean, Give us BF2 with no bugs, perfect or near perfect hit boxes (CSS & COD4 style) with no bugs or glitches and updated graphics.

Combine that with the arcade style shooting from BF2 and you have the best game ever made. It will stay that way for MANY years to come.
ig
+1,199|6514

r'Eeee wrote:

ig wrote:

r'Eeee wrote:

and how so?
I enjoy them more?

i'm not hatin' man; i just want to know what it is about them that makes you like them more.
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it

NeXuS4909 wrote:

halo series

ig wrote:

wiki wrote:

Halo received critical acclaim upon its release, including being ranked the fourteenth best game ever on "IGN Readers' Choice 2006 - The Top 100 Games Ever

The game's sales generated US$125 million on its première day, making it the fastest selling United States media product in history. It also still holds the record for the longest streak as the #1 game on Xbox Live

Halo 3 also holds the record for the highest grossing opening day in entertainment history, making US$170 million in its first twenty-four hours.
Im pretty sure it pleased alot of people ig.

Last edited by NeXuS4909 (2008-03-04 14:13:53)

ig
+1,199|6514

NeXuS4909 wrote:

ig wrote:

r'Eeee wrote:

how so?

NeXuS4909 wrote:

halo series

wiki wrote:

Halo 3 also holds the record for the highest grossing opening day in entertainment history, making US$170 million in its first twenty-four hours.
Im pretty sure it pleased alot of people ig.
fanboi

console fps is teh fail

i played that shit for 5 mins and never even thought about wanting to play it again
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
In other words i think BF:BC is gonna be pretty kick ass. That will atleast hold me over till BF3.
r'Eeee
+311|6440

ig wrote:

r'Eeee wrote:

ig wrote:

and how so?
I enjoy them more?

i'm not hatin' man; i just want to know what it is about them that makes you like them more.
Idk really, but I just think, it's more competitive, more of run and gun game. Big maps are a real pain and I am not really into the choppers, planes ect... Now, I would lie, if I said, I didn't enjoy BF2, because I did. Especially BF2:SF.

It's all about opinions really.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6683|Devon, England
BF2 has changed my life, for the good

I fucking love it, it is the best PC game I've ever played, and I still play it to this day.

Hopefully BF3 will be good, but hopefully they won't look to CoD4 for ideas.
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5966|England

what fusion said
ig
+1,199|6514

FFLink13 wrote:

I fucking love it, it is the best PC game I've ever played, and I still play it to this day.

i agree man. i would be a completely different person if it wasn't for bf2 (not a bad thing).

my love for bf2 transcended in to a love for computers/technology which is now what i'm studying in school.
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6544|Scotland
Link to that desktop at all?

http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/9517 … ys1ak6.jpg

Last edited by White-Fusion (2008-03-04 14:26:09)

I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6124|Scotland!
I'm back on bf2 again, nothing's lived up to it so far
argo4
Stand and Deliver
+86|5925|United States

ig wrote:

FFLink13 wrote:

i agree man. i would be a completely different person if it wasn't for bf2 (not a bad thing).

my love for bf2 transcended in to a love for computers/technology which is now what i'm studying in school.
bf2 has changed my life too, but i don't think it's for the better. It's made me become interested in guns, weapons systems, helis , planes etc. and the technology behind them, but it also seems like a big waste sometimes
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6472|Somewhere else

I think BF2 did so well is because of it's ability to do so many things.  Bf2 has infantry combat, commanding, arial dogfights..etc etc.   I think that's what made BF2.  It has many games built into one basically.  it has just soo many options, and soo many ways of doing things.  Few online games have the many different options, usable tactics, that BF2 has.

CoD4 is a good example.  A very good game, and in my opinion, has far superior close quarter infantry combat than BF2.  But it doesn't have the vehicle, large scale maps, workable squads, team playing medics, etc.

Or, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.  I love Stalker.  Which game do I think is better, BF2 or STALKER?  Niether.  They aren't the same type of game, IMO.

There will lawys be good games, some better than others, some that are too different to really compare.

Plus, I think EA tried to take 2142 in a different direction, try something a little different.  It worked, a solid game.  But it didn't own up to BF2.  I am not sure EA intended to replace 2 with 2142 or not, or was 2142 just an alternative, new fun idea. I see them too as seperate games, with different styles.  EA didn't deliver as well as they certainly could have with 2142.

The big question is, when BF3 comes out, being a direct sequel to an aging game, and without question, BF3 being BF2's replacement, Will EA Be able to hold up, if not exceed BF2? 

That's the big question.  EA's big gun BF2 is gonna be hard to top.  But, hell, even this community here has given EA what it needs.  "BF3 Wishlist" and "BF2 1.5 patch wishlist"

Right there is a good start to see what the gamers want, what works, what doesn't, wherer the fucked up, where they succeeded.  I doubt BF2s.com is the only site with such lists.  All EA has to do, is put some REAL effort into a sequel, LISTEN TO THE GAMING COMMUNITY, and BF3 should be an incredibnle game.

but going back, BF2 consumed alot of my time. it's funfactor is higher than STALKER.  But there are too many game types out there to really say if this one or that one is best.
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5966|England

White-Fusion wrote:

Link to that desktop at all?

http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/9517 … ys1ak6.jpg
qft yall
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6485|N. Ireland
I consider Half-Life 2 and variants to be "better" for fun - and Project Reality for more intensity. So...yes!
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6733|OctoLand
Btw, only games that have given me equal enjoyment to bf2, are:

GTA: san andreas
Yoshi's island (SNES)
Worms world part
I know fucking karate
Ec0li
Vagina face
+167|5991|London ㋛

ig wrote:

cod4 is just too sluggish; i feel like i weigh twice as much as my bf2 character does when im playing cod. and even though i'm mainly an infantry whore, it's just not the same without vehicles. bf2 has more depth than anything, and i doubt anything can live up to its legacy.
Dude, you just basically said exactly what I think about nearly all other FPS games, the sluggishness of them makes it sheisse, I worry that BF3 will employ that aswell, which will make me a sad panda. Oh and happy birthday mate.
RECONDO67
+60|6628|miami FL
the only thing that was better or close was battlefield desert combat
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6437|The Land of Scott Walker
I think BF3 will be.  Perhaps F:FoW will be once they fix it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard