CinnamonBits
Sniper Cat
+1|6794

kilroy0097 wrote:

See you pointed out the artillery to them. They wouldn't have noticed otherwise and would have stayed where they were. But cuz you pointed it out to them of course they had to go towards the big red flashing marker. It's like moths to the flame or that big red button that says "Don't Push". You just have to push it.

;P
Heh, you're so right.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6788|Singapore

kilroy0097 wrote:

See you pointed out the artillery to them. They wouldn't have noticed otherwise and would have stayed where they were. But cuz you pointed it out to them of course they had to go towards the big red flashing marker. It's like moths to the flame or that big red button that says "Don't Push". You just have to push it.

;P
jackasses always want to know why. they should have an unlock called jackass. a big dunce hat.
RG_Crippin
+0|6795
++++++++TO ALL STUPID TK PUNISHERS+++++++++

[img]http://media1.funnyjunk.com/pics/upyours.jpg[/img]
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6841|Missoula, MT
hehe...dunce.  A word that is way under-used these days.
Dizazter
Crazy has a mind of its own
+0|6820

Miakei wrote:

So yeah, I play Special Forces, I manage to C4 an enemy tank, it gets destroyed. The flaming chassis sits there for a minute or so, then explodes. Some random teammate runs up next to it *maybe fascinated by the pretty lights* when it detonates, killing him...and he punishes because obviously I MUST have engineered his desmise out of spite, and he's sooo l337 that he could never do something as retarded as that.
I've had that happen a lot too. Makes no sense why a vehicle wreckage that explodes 30 seconds after you kill something and kills a teammate should count as a TK. I also feel that with mines once they've been down for over a minute, unless theyre directly on a vehicle, should not count as TK if someone drives over them. A big flashing icon tells you theyre nearby, come on.

I've also had a strange thing where I'm the pilot of a Helo transport or Attack chopper, I get shot down, and it says I TK'd all or some of my passengers. Makes no sense.

I do have to admit I've accidentally TK punished people by accident because I hit pagedown instead of page up in the heat of battle.

It will be a wonderfull thing too if with the patch they make it much harder to run over a teammate with a vehicle. I swear they're 5 times easier to road kill than an enemy.

But TK punishing does ruin the game somewhat. But then again so do TKers. I think all round TK Punish/Kick is a good thing, it just has to have much better implimentation.
thinner44
+1|6809
TK punish sucks big time. I'm a transport/armour kinda bloke, but I'm getting to the point when someone shouts 'hey, I need a ride', or 'get me out of here', I'm thinking of pushing the button that says.... 'bog off' or, 'not on your nelly mate'. For some strange reason, the first hit transport/armour gets, they ditch, and if I'm rounding a corner or get blasted backwards, then I get the dubious honour of a TK...... I DON'T do it on purpose.. I WON'T TK you if you hold/sit tight until we're in a decent position to either evade the enemy or find a safe place to 'bail'... but if you jump out of a fast moving vehicle and then get caught under the wheels, then it's your fault, pure and simple.... If you punish me for your mistake, then you're an absolute ass. If you punish me for my mistake, I'll take it on the chin, I'm a big boy now
Croak
+11|6805|San Marcos, CA
One little fix is that they need to make it not punish by default if the timer expires.  In otherwords, if you don't hit PGDN or PGUP when the timer expires there is no punish.

I know some people use that 15 second respawn time to take a little stretch, light a smoke, scratch the nads, change kits, whatever, and end up punishing by default when they didn't really want or have to.

The other is, most every idiot seems to assume the red skull and crossbones means C4 so they end up running into claymores or over mines, and it IS hard to tell one from the other when in a vehicle. 

C4 should show up with a different icon that says C4 (or a mushroom cloud), claymores should have a little triangle of red dots, and AT mines should have a little red vehicle with a line through it. 

Not only will new icons help prevent TK's (maybe), it'll let defenders know what is placed already without having to run right up to a dropped C4 or AT mine to eyeball it, or worse, a claymore.

"OK, cool, there's already AT mines by the flag, not just a bunch of C4 laying around that may or may not get triggered"

"Hmm, there's a claymore by that flag, better stay the hell away"

"Uh oh, lots of C4 laying around that flag, might be a good idea to wait to see if it blows before running up to defend the flag...I'll just chuck grenades and shoot from way back here for now."
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6788|Singapore

Croak wrote:

One little fix is that they need to make it not punish by default if the timer expires.  In otherwords, if you don't hit PGDN or PGUP when the timer expires there is no punish.

I know some people use that 15 second respawn time to take a little stretch, light a smoke, scratch the nads, change kits, whatever, and end up punishing by default when they didn't really want or have to.

The other is, most every idiot seems to assume the red skull and crossbones means C4 so they end up running into claymores or over mines, and it IS hard to tell one from the other when in a vehicle. 

C4 should show up with a different icon that says C4 (or a mushroom cloud), claymores should have a little triangle of red dots, and AT mines should have a little red vehicle with a line through it. 

Not only will new icons help prevent TK's (maybe), it'll let defenders know what is placed already without having to run right up to a dropped C4 or AT mine to eyeball it, or worse, a claymore.

"OK, cool, there's already AT mines by the flag, not just a bunch of C4 laying around that may or may not get triggered"

"Hmm, there's a claymore by that flag, better stay the hell away"

"Uh oh, lots of C4 laying around that flag, might be a good idea to wait to see if it blows before running up to defend the flag...I'll just chuck grenades and shoot from way back here for now."
It shouldn't help defenders hey?

Haha i ALWAYS take a smoke during the 15 seconds which doesn't come often =P and sometimes i take longer cuz i'm commander most of the time and my friends get pissed at me

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard