kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6845|Bryan/College Station, TX
Yes we all know of the Team Vehicle Damg. bug that happens on Wake when the USMC takes the Artillery at the Airfield. But here is a new bug I just encountered tonight.

I was the commander for the Chinese team on Wake 2007.
The USMC takes the Airfield and blows the crap out of the Artillery. Ok no problem happens all the time.
We retake the airfield and I go over to the artillery to fix it because I'm also an Engineer.
BUT, low and behold only 1 of the 3 arillery pieces are showing as damaged. The other 2 aren't damaged at all. Ok so I fix the one artillery that says it's destroyed and go back to commanding.

My next artillery strike that I do once it recharges however only uses THE ONE artillery that I fixed. The other two pieces do not move or fire. Well that's odd I think to myself. I double check them on foot and yes they are NOT damaged. And Yes we do have the Airfield. So I work with one artillery for a while until the USMC take the Airfield again. They blow the crap out of the last piece I have. Now it's listed as UNFIXABLE. As in it's not even listed as destroyed at all.

To double check this odd thing I snuck up to them as engineer to double check. They are ALL INTACT. Every piece as NO damage on it and yet I can't use my artillery at all. Suddenly they begin to move and it wasn't me controling them... guess what.

The USMC had SIX piece of Artillery now. ALL SIX pieces on the map were firing for the USMC  commander. Holy Artillery Carnage Batman. We couldn't get them back at all. I tried respawning as Spec Ops and blowing the artillery. It destroyed it alright but it still would not let me use them, fix them, anything.

What kind of fucken bug is this shit? The USMC blow the rat shit out of the Chinese artillery and suddenly it's theirs???

Yea... This bug was devesating. 6 Artillery pieces firing down on our heads was a HUGE hit.

So beware this bug. I have no idea how to fix it but look for it. Maybe someone will eventually figure out how to get those artillery pieces back cuz I'm out of ideas.

Stupid Buggy ass map.  Grrrr.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
psychotoxic187
+11|6711
This is not a bug, once they take the airfield and blow up the arty, and reepair it, it becomes theirs.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6718|Riva, MD
I have got to see those 155mm shells coming down 6 at a time.  That would be awesome.
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6745|Malaga, EspaƱa
so if they can capture the arty, why cant the chinese recap their arty? i call this an unfair advantage....is this also posible in other maps? or just wake...if its just wake i call it a bug of the map...
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!

psychotoxic187 wrote:

This is not a bug, once they take the airfield and blow up the arty, and reepair it, it becomes theirs.
Since when? This sort of practice or strategy doesn't exist on any other single map within BF2. So why would it exist on this one? And if they can take it why can't the Chinese take it back? Wouldn't that make more sense?

I believe it's a bug.

Last edited by kilroy0097 (2006-01-05 05:17:12)

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
freebirdpat
Base Rapist
+5|6754

kilroy0097 wrote:

psychotoxic187 wrote:

Since when? This sort of practice or strategy doesn't exist on any other single map within BF2. So why would it exist on this one? And if they can take it why can't the Chinese take it back? Wouldn't that make more sense?

I believe it's a bug.
I think it exists on Operation Clean Sweep not sure though.

Easy way to tell if its your art or not, check your radar thing. If you have art icons, its yours, if not its theirs.
psychotoxic187
+11|6711
It's not a bug. Try it, and every single time you do it, this will happen. If it was a bug, it would only happen occasionally. You can get it back, go blow it up, then repair it yourself.
madsmao
+0|6795|Copenhagen, Denmark

psychotoxic187 wrote:

It's not a bug. Try it, and every single time you do it, this will happen. If it was a bug, it would only happen occasionally. You can get it back, go blow it up, then repair it yourself.
I would have to disagree. A bug will happyly occur again and again like clockwork. I would also say that this is a bug since - to the best of my knowledge - this doesn't happen on any of the other maps in BF2 or SF.
psychotoxic187
+11|6711
So every bug in this game happens like clock work? I think not. It is not a bug. Not that I can change how you think, but it happens every time I play wake.
freebirdpat
Base Rapist
+5|6754

psychotoxic187 wrote:

So every bug in this game happens like clock work? I think not. It is not a bug. Not that I can change how you think, but it happens every time I play wake.
Actually we would not know if it is a bug or not. Or if its a feature that working as intended. A bug typically is easily repeatable. The ones you see in most mainstream games are usually not easily repeatable because those bugs are fixed in alpha and beta tests. And to my knowledge EA/Dice or a representative thereof have said anything reguarding this feature/bug. So nobody knows if it is a feature or a bug. My guess is though its a feature working as intended. either that or they have the guys that made SWG in the program department.

Some bugs do work like clockwork, some work so well people exploit them to gain an advantage.

Last edited by freebirdpat (2006-01-05 05:49:53)

Echo
WOoKie
+383|6721|The Netherlands
I was playing usmc on wake about a month ago and tried to blow up the chinese arti with c4. When i blew the c4, i got the message team vehicle damage... wtf?

So somehow my team capped the arti of the enemy.

Last edited by General-Echo (2006-01-05 05:56:05)

BlueScreen
I am the pwnage! Bitches!
+5|6740|Finland
Almost same happened for my radar in dalian plant in clan match. Enemy destroyed my radar so I repaired it with suply and radar started working (it started spinning and so on) but it didn't work at all so I couldn't use radar in whole round That's some new bug which came after latest patch (I think because I didn't notice that before).. At least it's rare bug but at the same time it's damn annoying and hopefully EA will fix that as soon as possible
alizard
+0|6777
I think it's a feature,pretty cool one too, wish more maps were like it.
Cap the flag, blow the arty, repair it... it's yours. same goes for the Chinese team.... you have to have the airflield flag b4 u can repair and make it yours again
bad-dog
+0|6833|Israel
I dunno if it's a bug or not but just one thing to clear up, bugs might repeat themselves and might not, this is totally depending on the bug or in other words the coding of the game, somebugs may happen in an exact number of ammo and stuff like that and therefore will happen only a few times, but some might be connected to flags which would make them repeated a lot...
TC><Injecter
+4|6830|Berlin, Germany
Ya still it is a BUG of WAKE! It isnt supposed to get theirs its a mistake in the code.... Thats why that only occurs on wake...
Scorpian65
+14|6740
Its not a bug, if you lose the airfield flag and your arty is blown up by the USMC and you don't get it repaired fast enough, it will auto repair and become theirs. This also happens on 64 player Clean Sweep, also if the USMC take the airfield in Kubra Dam and destroy the UAV and Radar they will then belong to the USMC. Not sure on Kubra if that only happens if the MEC have no commander. But if you look the Flag has changed to American and you get team vehicle damage if you blow them up.
PHaze
+0|6718
I believe its a BUG.
First i experienced such thing was on wake when i was US commander and the poor chinese ppl died in the rain of 6 artilleries.
Next time I saw it was on Kubra Dam after the US had capture the airport - i had 2 UAV trailors and a enemy exploded the one on the airfield , so my damage indicator on UAV was on the half .
If this is an intended feature it is a bad thing for the enemies - especially for the team with no uncapable flag - BIG disadvantage IMO.
and if it is intended , why i never saw such thing on maps like Mashtuur?
Echo
WOoKie
+383|6721|The Netherlands
Its a bug...no its isnt... yes it is... mmmm

Weird tho nobody seems to know it for sure, if its really intended by ea as a feature, why isnt it in the manual?
bostich04
+0|6690
Don't know if it is a bug or not, but it happened to me at Kubra Dam.

I was playing as Spec Ops for the US.  We captured Intake (where the MEC arty is) and I proceeded to blow the Radar Scan and UAV Trailer.  I put C4 on both and then detonated it.  Boom!  Two instances of Team Vehicle damage for me.

Later, I spawned in as Engineer and repaired these two pieces of equipment only to discover that both had a pretty little American flag on them (and we no longer controlled the Intake flag!).

*shrug*
sleepy127
+4|6740

bostich04 wrote:

Don't know if it is a bug or not, but it happened to me at Kubra Dam.

I was playing as Spec Ops for the US.  We captured Intake (where the MEC arty is) and I proceeded to blow the Radar Scan and UAV Trailer.  I put C4 on both and then detonated it.  Boom!  Two instances of Team Vehicle damage for me.

Later, I spawned in as Engineer and repaired these two pieces of equipment only to discover that both had a pretty little American flag on them (and we no longer controlled the Intake flag!).

*shrug*
I was playing as MEC and after retaking the intake I could not repair the commanders assets (they had the american flag on them)
DMFDxUconn
+8|6769|Kannapolis,North Carolina
Thats correct. Capture the base with the Arty and you own it. I didnt have to blow it up on Wake. My guys took the airfield and i had six arty cannons. But they could also use thier 3. We never destroyed it, we just took the base. I know all this because after i had all 6, i was still hearing thier arty coming down. So obviously they still had control. I also noticed that when we actually took control of thier arty, we didnt know it. So i was going in to blow em up. Planted all my c4, took 2 out damaged one and got smacked hard for damaging a team vehicle. I died, came back, fixed em, launched em adn still had all 6. I was unable to tell if i had all 6 if we were to lose the base. We never did lose it and the round ended.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!

DMFDxUconn wrote:

Thats correct. Capture the base with the Arty and you own it. I didnt have to blow it up on Wake. My guys took the airfield and i had six arty cannons. But they could also use thier 3. We never destroyed it, we just took the base. I know all this because after i had all 6, i was still hearing thier arty coming down. So obviously they still had control. I also noticed that when we actually took control of thier arty, we didnt know it. So i was going in to blow em up. Planted all my c4, took 2 out damaged one and got smacked hard for damaging a team vehicle. I died, came back, fixed em, launched em adn still had all 6. I was unable to tell if i had all 6 if we were to lose the base. We never did lose it and the round ended.
Ok so according to this. If the USMC takes the Airfield suddenly all the artillery is theirs and yet the Chinese can still use their 3 even while the USMC is using all 6? Doesn't that sound like a bug? Don't you think maybe that doesn't quite make sense?

Also please recreate this on any other map. Blow the crap out of their artillery and then take the base that the artillery is near. Will their artillery turn into your artillery? It doesn't happen on Manshuar City and I know we've held the capture point for either US or MEC artillery in either cases.

Also I have never seen the Scan or the UAV go down permanently. I have always been able to fix those and get them working again even if I couldn't get to it for a very long time and even though the base was captured. Good example would be Operation Cleansweep. The CP where the MEC Attack Chopper is. The USMC blows up the UAV, Radar and Artillery and held and raped us into oblivion. I snuck in by some miracle and repaired the arilltery which was still broken and down (i.e. was yellow icons on the map showing down asset).

BTW That should be clue number one that your assets are not yours anymore. You can't see them on the map and you they aren't yellow icons. So.. they've suddenly switched.

So obviously there are other maps where the Commander Assets exist on Capture points and they do not transfer to the other team.

Some of you say there are maps where this happens.

Obviously Wake 2007 is one of these maps which I still believe is a bug and was not intended to be a part of the stategy for the map as it's horribly unbalancing and this particular strategy does not exist on all maps so there is an inconsistancy between maps and how the base game operates.

Clearly a bug.. yet another one of a long long line of many after 1.03. Damn broken patch.

Last edited by kilroy0097 (2006-01-06 06:09:00)

DMFDxUconn
+8|6769|Kannapolis,North Carolina
Sorry, i posted all that and forgot to include...

Yes, i think its a bug.
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6757|The Netherlands
it's not a bug it works on all maps but it is very often seen on wake
CackNBallz
+45|6744|Toronto, Canada
I have personally only seen 5 artillery pieces for the USMC and one for the PLA, when the USMC has taken the Airfield. The green older looking ones are the Chinese pieces and the greyish newer ones are the USMC's.  Each time I have seen this happen is that two of them are on the map and grey, and one is green or destroyed and cannot be repaired by a USMC engineer.

Also of note is that most maps have uncapturable flags where the commander assets are so this gameplay aspect/bug can only show up in certain instances.  Although, why don't the MEC ever have control of the artillery pieces at the TV Station?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard