FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6412|'Murka

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23435878

So if Colombia takes action against the FARC, it could mean war with Venezuela.

But the man is completely stable.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
CameronPoe
+2,925|6557
Why can't South American leftist movements be sensible for a fucking change?
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6645
sounds like fun
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6531|Global Command
Chavez needs to be taken out.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6557

ATG wrote:

You guys never learn do you...
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6407|North Carolina
Let's just say that I wouldn't mind "rearranging" the structure of Venezuela.

Granted, there's not much point to us staying in Colombia.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6557

Turquoise wrote:

You guys really don't understand the fact that your forced 'structural' changes are complete bullshit. Latest image from Iraq - that's the Iraqi president on the right btw...

https://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/shared/spl/hi/pop_ups/08/middle_east_enl_1204449564/img/1.jpg

The US and the UK and France and all those other nations who think they can throw their weight around under an illusion of 'benevolence' need to realise that the rest of the world generally doesn't want anyone 'helping' them, especially the kind of 'help' generally given...

They will take with one hand and stab you with the other. FACT.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2008-03-02 14:17:49)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6645
Iraq is a sovereign nation
CameronPoe
+2,925|6557

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Iraq is a sovereign nation
And that sovereignty may come to be a problem for the US in the near future.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6645
the way I see it, when we are talking about diplomacy, it makes me much more comfortable seeing my nation's leaders at the same table of our enemies.  Regardless of whether they are talking nice or not, you have to have some form of communication with other parties.

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2008-03-02 14:20:04)

Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6407|North Carolina

CameronPoe wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

You guys really don't understand the fact that your forced 'structural' changes are complete bullshit. Latest image from Iraq - that's the Iraqi president on the right btw...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/shared/spl/hi … /img/1.jpg

The US and the UK and France and all those other nations who think they can throw their weight around under an illusion of 'benevolence' need to realise that the rest of the world generally doesn't want anyone 'helping' them, especially the kind of 'help' generally given...

They will take with one hand and stab you with the other. FACT.
Hey, you'll get no argument from me on Iraq.  That was a huge mistake that we continue to fund like crazy.

Iran should love us after what we've done for them by removing Saddam.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6557

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

the way I see it, when we are talking about diplomacy, it makes me much more comfortable seeing my nation's leaders at the same table of our enemies.  Regardless of whether they are talking nice or not, you have to have some form of communication with other parties.
Which is something perhaps more likely under Obama, if he gets the nomination and then the presidency...
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Is Chavez admitting an alliance with FARC?
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23435878/
President Hugo Chavez on Sunday ordered 10 battalions of troops to the border with Colombia after Colombia’s military killed a top rebel leader.

He called the U.S.-allied government in Bogota "a terrorist state" and labeled President Alvaro Uribe "a criminal.

Chavez told his defense minister: “move 10 battalions for me to the border with Colombia, immediately.” He also ordered the Venezuelan Embassy in Colombia closed and said all embassy personnel would be withdrawn.
Bogota is also an ally of the United States. This could get real ugly. If those battalions move across the border, Chavez had better expect a volley of cruise missiles at his command and control centers. The US will not allow Chavez to topple the elected government in Colombia. It would probably provide the only possible reason Washington would use military force against Chavez, and even this skeptical Congress would have little choice but to support the defense of an American ally under attack from a hostile nation.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
CameronPoe
+2,925|6557

Kmarion wrote:

Is Chavez admitting an alliance with FARC?
President Hugo Chavez on Sunday ordered 10 battalions of troops to the border with Colombia after Colombia’s military killed a top rebel leader.

He called the U.S.-allied government in Bogota "a terrorist state" and labeled President Alvaro Uribe "a criminal.

Chavez told his defense minister: “move 10 battalions for me to the border with Colombia, immediately.” He also ordered the Venezuelan Embassy in Colombia closed and said all embassy personnel would be withdrawn.
Bogota is also an ally of the United States. This could get real ugly. If those battalions move across the border, Chavez had better expect a volley of cruise missiles at his command and control centers. The US will not allow Chavez to topple the elected government in Colombia. It would probably provide the only possible reason Washington would use military force against Chavez, and even this skeptical Congress would have little choice but to support the defense of an American ally under attack from a hostile nation.
He can't seriously be that stupid. This is just posturing.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

I seriously hope so. The world doesn't need this right now.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
CameronPoe
+2,925|6557
There is something odd about this story. Ecuador have withdrawn their ambassador to Colombia too. Who exactly was this man they killed?
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

ATG wrote:

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

CameronPoe wrote:

There is something odd about this story. Ecuador have withdrawn their ambassador to Colombia too. Who exactly was this man they killed?
I think Ecuador was irked because their airspace was violated? It's like trying to decipher high school drama.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
jsnipy
+3,276|6524|...

I speculate Chavez has some heavy backing that no one is aware of.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

CameronPoe wrote:

They killed the 2nd guy in rank of the FARC's.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Wow..
Chavez: Colombia 'the Israel' of region
Chavez said he had just spoken to Ecuadorean President Rafael Correa and that Ecuador was also sending troops to its border with Colombia.

“The Colombian government has become the Israel of Latin America,” an agitated Chavez said, mentioning another country that he has criticized for its military strikes. “We aren’t going to permit Colombia to become the Israel of these lands.”

Chavez accused Uribe of being a puppet of Washington and acting on behalf of the U.S. government, saying “Dracula’s fangs (are) are covered in blood.”

“Some day Colombia will be freed from the hand of the (U.S.) empire,” Chavez said. “We have to liberate Colombia,” he added, saying Colombia’s people will eventually do away with its government.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Sorcerer0513
+18|6543|Outer Space

Kmarion wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

I think Ecuador was irked because their airspace was violated? It's like trying to decipher high school drama.
I think he was killed inside Ecuador.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7274038.stm

BBC wrote:

Mr Chavez said he was reacting to the "cowardly murder" of a leading Farc rebel by Colombian forces in a raid just inside Ecuador on Saturday.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

Kmarion wrote:

Wow..
Chavez: Colombia 'the Israel' of region
Chavez said he had just spoken to Ecuadorean President Rafael Correa and that Ecuador was also sending troops to its border with Colombia.

“The Colombian government has become the Israel of Latin America,” an agitated Chavez said, mentioning another country that he has criticized for its military strikes. “We aren’t going to permit Colombia to become the Israel of these lands.”

Chavez accused Uribe of being a puppet of Washington and acting on behalf of the U.S. government, saying “Dracula’s fangs (are) are covered in blood.”

“Some day Colombia will be freed from the hand of the (U.S.) empire,” Chavez said. “We have to liberate Colombia,” he added, saying Colombia’s people will eventually do away with its government.
He's an asshole with ideas from 200 years ago.

Last edited by sergeriver (2008-03-02 15:09:36)

ATG
Banned
+5,233|6531|Global Command

Kmarion wrote:

Maybe this is exactly what the world needs.

FARC are terrorist. Marxist. Extreme radical leftist with guns.

Chavez is actually backing these guys. This is intolerable.  It doesn't matter who is elected as the next U.S. president. If Hugo backs FARC in this kind of way there will be war. Bad, big bloody war.  China and Russia and Iran have been setting this up as they badly want America to be bled dry somewhere, like the Soviets were in Afghanistan.

I have been following the exploits of FARC for about ten years. The are ultimately anarchists.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

ATG wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Maybe this is exactly what the world needs.

FARC are terrorist. Marxist. Extreme radical leftist with guns.

Chavez is actually backing these guys. This is intolerable.  It doesn't matter who is elected as the next U.S. president. If Hugo backs FARC in this kind of way there will be war. Bad, big bloody war.  China and Russia and Iran have been setting this up as they badly want America to be bled dry somewhere, like the Soviets were in Afghanistan.

I have been following the exploits of FARC for about ten years. The are ultimately anarchists.
We are already bleeding.
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard