Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6712
In response to a request by female Muslim students, Harvard University has created women-only workout hours at one of its campus gyms. The decision has angered some students at the Ivy League university.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,334390,00.html

not a huge deal... but still...
Love is the answer
jord
+2,382|6674|The North, beyond the wall.
How many gyms does it have before you all start with you inch by inch shit? Like 8 or something?
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6564|Mountains of NC

to the ACLU'mobile
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
KylieTastic
Games, Girls, Guinness
+85|6448|Cambridge, UK

Don't most gyms (schools etc, and public) have women only sessions anyway? Just not for fat ugly lesbians anymore but Muslims as well (j/k)
CommieChipmunk
+488|6566|Portland, OR, USA
who gives a shit?

They probably have plenty of gyms to go around...
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6647|USA

jord wrote:

How many gyms does it have before you all start with you inch by inch shit? Like 8 or something?
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, On all of the individual "inches" that has been given in the name of appeasment by PC, that you all have dismissed as meaningless in this forum. I bet you could land a heavy jet
jord
+2,382|6674|The North, beyond the wall.

lowing wrote:

jord wrote:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, On all of the individual "inches" that has been given in the name of appeasment by PC, that you all have dismissed as meaningless in this forum. I bet you could land a heavy jet
Lol. Maybe a Cessna.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6464
oh noes! teh mooozlimz r gonna tak ova r contrie!!!!!!!
CommieChipmunk
+488|6566|Portland, OR, USA
https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/imgad?id=CLnvzsmyvvm9-AEQ2AUYTzII3gK-__xc3f8

Muslims get stacked!
Reciprocity
+721|6576|the dank(super) side of Oregon
finally, proof of the Muslim plot.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6650

If this is the case then I want men-only workout hours at the gym because it's embarrassing when I work out because seeing women's nice asses when they're bending over and stretching or running sometimes gives me an erection. And I don't want that to happen, so there can't be any women present.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6407|'Murka

mtb0minime wrote:

If this is the case then I want men-only workout hours at the gym because it's embarrassing when I work out because seeing women's nice asses when they're bending over and stretching or running sometimes gives me an erection. And I don't want that to happen, so there can't be any women present.
Just gives you another place to store the plates...

I know there are commonly women-only classes in gyms, and some women-only chains (ie, Curves). Don't think it's necessarily a big deal, but the precedent is a bit concerning. Are they going to have a gym with no machines to accommodate the Amish population?
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6647|USA

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

^^^^
case in point
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6642
Pretty stupid tbh. Gym's should be available to all students at all times. I'd be pissed if my gym cut a few hours just for chicks. Unless of course it was before noon.

I don't see why muslim women even need to go to a gym if they have to spend the rest of their time in the kitchen anyways.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6442|Chicago, IL
All the muslim girls at my school go to the gym and play sports with everybody else, I don't see why the whiny harvard ones can't get a grip
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6331|Oregon
religion aside, i don't disagree with this idea.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6757

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

wtf is your problem?  If we can have a million israel threads, then fuck off and go complain somewhere else.

Last edited by usmarine (2008-03-02 19:39:50)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6149|what

^ lolwut?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6757

TheAussieReaper wrote:

^ lolwut?
figure it out.  it aint that hard
twiistaaa
+87|6664|mexico
so i guess the only way to not piss people off is to have the word muslim at least 6 pages away from a story about rule change requests?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6767|PNW

twiistaaa wrote:

so i guess the only way to not piss people off is to have the word muslim at least 6 pages away from a story about rule change requests?
I think it's more because non-religious organizations are bending over backwards to please certain religions in the name of good publicity and appeasement.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6837|Cologne, Germany

so, one of three university gyms now has a total of 4 hours women-only workout per week ? I am outraged...

From what I know, it is not uncommon for gyms to have women-only schedules. And for good reasons, I might add. Not every woman feels comfortable in a co-ed environment. No big deal.
And btw, would we even talk about this if the request had come from Hindu students ?
Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6726|Uhh... erm...
Considering it was a request which Harvard willingly chose to accept, I don't really see the problem.
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6435|Brisbane, Australia

Tetrino wrote:

Considering it was a request which Harvard willingly chose to accept, I don't really see the problem.
Of course you don't, you're muslim.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6515|Πάϊ
Mind boggling. Around here there's also gyms for women only. What the fuck is up with that?
ƒ³

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard