FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6432|'Murka

CameronPoe wrote:

It's shocking because I had a gun pointed at me at the Bethlehem checkpoint - for having a camera strapped to my belt. Looks like I got lucky.
You should be happy that they're not racially profiling...'cause that would be wrong. And offensive. And stuff.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6550|Global Command

sergeriver wrote:

Mek-Izzle wrote:

Well it's not like the Palestinians want peace, they voted for Hamas. They continue to do rocket attacks that force the country into retaliation. They're the ones that intentionally target civilians.

Although you don't see this shit in the W.Bank, so it's more of a Gaza/Hamas problem than a Palestinian one.
I agree those nutjobs should be shot, but Israel can't overreact like that all the time, one rocket into Israel = 54 Palestinians dead.
Ree fucking dickulous.

FUCK the Palestinians.  What part of " don't fire your shitty rockets at our neighborhoods or else " do they not understand?

Every move towards peace Israel makes is spurned with rocket fire. Every concession leads to more rockets. If the Palestinians can't negotiate in good faith then and act like a civilized people, then sorry, they need to be killed.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6576

ATG wrote:

Every move towards peace Israel makes...
ROTFLMAO
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6672|USA

CameronPoe wrote:

ATG wrote:

ROTFLMAO
I guess for Cam, the only move the Israeli's can make toward peace, is self genocide. Any thing less would be meaningless
CameronPoe
+2,925|6576

lowing wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

ATG wrote:

ROTFLMAO
I guess for Cam, the only move the Israeli's can make toward peace, is self genocide. Any thing less would be meaningless
On the contrary. Ceasing the building of settlements in the West Bank and bulldozing all existing ones seems like a tangible and genuine measure of peace - peace cannot ever be attained unless such a thing occurs... You do believe in nations abiding by international law don't you lowing?

Last edited by CameronPoe (2008-03-02 14:12:35)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6672|USA

CameronPoe wrote:

lowing wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

ROTFLMAO
On the contrary. Ceasing the building of settlements in the West Bank and bulldozing all existing ones seems like a tangible and genuine measure of peace - peace cannot ever be attained unless such a thing occurs...
Did I not read somewhere that Israel actually pulled out of the west bank and Gaza, only to be answered with rocket attacks??
CameronPoe
+2,925|6576

lowing wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

lowing wrote:

On the contrary. Ceasing the building of settlements in the West Bank and bulldozing all existing ones seems like a tangible and genuine measure of peace - peace cannot ever be attained unless such a thing occurs...
Did I not read somewhere that Israel actually pulled out of the west bank and Gaza, only to be answered with rocket attacks??
Half right. They pulled out of Gaza - which was a demographic threat to the 'greater Eretz Y'srael' and sanctioned the building of several thousand more homes in the West Bank, declaring East Jerusalem as an 'eternal part of Eretz Y'srael'.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6672|USA

CameronPoe wrote:

lowing wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Half right. They pulled out of Gaza - which was a demographic threat to the 'greater Eretz Y'srael' and sanctioned the building of several thousand more homes in the West Bank, declaring East Jerusalem as an 'eternal part of Eretz Y'srael'.
No settlement withdrawls from the westbank???

and the part about the continued rocket attacks after the withdrawls??
CameronPoe
+2,925|6576

lowing wrote:

http://www.nysun.com/article/71592

If China invaded the US, split it into two non-contiguous parts - say California and New York State - and after much settlement activity in both decided to withdraw from New York State, should New York State stop fighting in the name of their American brothers over in California? Or should they meekly thank their lucky stars for their 'freedom' (albeit without border control of their own, an airport, seaport, contact with the outside world or any of that type of thing)?

Don't get me wrong, Hamas' methods stink to high heaven.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6622|132 and Bush

SgtSlauther wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Look at it logically - they had stripped the guy bare. He no longer had his suicide bomb belt, if he had one at all.
If he really was a terrorist...which I dont know if he was, why shouldnt he be shot?
The fact that he was a member of Al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades does not go far to promote the image that he was an innocent peace loving Palestinian. Israeli police would rather take them into custody and question suicide bombers rather than kill them. That way they might be able to get valuable information and prevent future attack. This is in no way a claim that all Israeli policemen are always innocent. Acts of revenge and loss of restraint are all to often typical in a war zone.

Anyways, it looks like the militants have been successful and will remain employed. For them Peace is the threat.

Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas has suspended contact with Israel in protest at an assault on Gaza which has killed about 100 people, an aide says.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6622|132 and Bush

CameronPoe wrote:

lowing wrote:

If China invaded the US, split it into two non-contiguous parts - say California and New York State - and after much settlement activity in both decided to withdraw from New York State, should New York State stop fighting in the name of their American brothers over in California? Or should they meekly thank their lucky stars for their 'freedom' (albeit without border control of their own, an airport, seaport, contact with the outside world or any of that type of thing)?

Are you saying you understand but you don't condone? Or are you saying the end justifies the means? I am genuinely confused .
Xbone Stormsurgezz
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6672|USA

CameronPoe wrote:

lowing wrote:

good point.

Did the US, GB, Canada, Germany France border China, cut off its trade routes and mass its military and threaten to attack it before China invaded the US??
CameronPoe
+2,925|6576

lowing wrote:

good point.

Did the US, GB, Canada, Germany France border China, cut off its trade routes and mass its military and threaten to attack it before China invaded the US??
Well the west and the USSR kind of did that to each other, but managed to avoid direct conflict. If either had taken the Israel approach (strike first) we probably wouldn't be having this conversation right now...

Last edited by CameronPoe (2008-03-02 14:48:04)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6672|USA

CameronPoe wrote:

lowing wrote:

good point.

Well the west and the USSR kind of did that to each other, but managed to avoid direct conflict.
Israel and the Arab nations that threatened it were not so lucky. I guess the moral of this story is do not enter into a gun fight carrying only a knife
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6778|Argentina

ATG wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Mek-Izzle wrote:

Well it's not like the Palestinians want peace, they voted for Hamas. They continue to do rocket attacks that force the country into retaliation. They're the ones that intentionally target civilians.

Although you don't see this shit in the W.Bank, so it's more of a Gaza/Hamas problem than a Palestinian one.
I agree those nutjobs should be shot, but Israel can't overreact like that all the time, one rocket into Israel = 54 Palestinians dead.
Ree fucking dickulous.

FUCK the Palestinians.  What part of " don't fire your shitty rockets at our neighborhoods or else " do they not understand?

Every move towards peace Israel makes is spurned with rocket fire. Every concession leads to more rockets. If the Palestinians can't negotiate in good faith then and act like a civilized people, then sorry, they need to be killed.
I'd say fuck them all.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6576

lowing wrote:

Israel and the Arab nations that threatened it were not so lucky. I guess the moral of this story is do not enter into a gun fight carrying only a knife
At that point in time their cause was just, the outcome was unfortunate. A lesson learned for the arabs I'd say. They won't come to the battlefield again without nukes.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6778|Argentina

lowing wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

lowing wrote:

good point.

Well the west and the USSR kind of did that to each other, but managed to avoid direct conflict.
The moral of the story is don't build your home surrounded by neighbors that don't like you.  But that's history.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6622|132 and Bush

lowing wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

lowing wrote:

good point.

Don't ever fly against an Israeli Pilot as well.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ATG
Banned

Kmarion wrote:

Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas has suspended contact with Israel in protest at an assault on Gaza which has killed about 100 people, an aide says.
Great idea.

These guys are clowns. They say little and do less in regards to the rocket attacks. But I am no particular fan of Israel.

The problem is that the Palestinians have failed to unite under a government that has the capability to negotiate with Israel. Israel negotiates with Abbas. Hamas and misc. groups go ahead continually launch various types of attacks anyway, effectively leaving no governing authority that Israel can negotiate with.

Until this situation is remedied internally amongst the Palestinians, i.e. they pick somebody who can control the various groups within Gaza who happens to believe in peace, there will be no good end to this. Abbas talks peace, but the population seems to want war. So be it. If a war is to be fought, Israel will win and the Palestinians will end up with some sort of military leadership, like America did with Germany and Japan until such a time as their people desire peace.

The Palestinians do not want peace. They never have. At this juncture it seems like they never will.

Too bad for them.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6576

ATG wrote:

The Palestinians do not want peace. They never have. At this juncture it seems like they never will.
I don't think any Arab or Muslim nation on earth, bar those that have already been forced into peace agreements, want peace with Israel. I kind of have my doubts about 6 million Israelis surviving forever (or even more than a century) on that tiny patch of land surrounded by one billion people that despise them. Numbers alone do not bode well for Israel.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2008-03-02 15:03:04)

ATG
Banned

CameronPoe wrote:

ATG wrote:

I don't think any Arab or Muslim nation on earth, bar those that have already been forced into peace agreements, want peace with Israel. I kind of have my doubts about 6 million Israelis surviving forever (or even more than a century) on that tiny patch of land surrounded by one billion people that despise them. Numbers alone do not bode well for Israel.
David and Goliath. We all know how that worked out.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6576

ATG wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

ATG wrote:

Unfortunately mythical tales in dusty old books do not reality make. Where was 'David' when the Nazis gassed and burned 6 million Jews?

Last edited by CameronPoe (2008-03-02 15:28:39)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6672|USA

CameronPoe wrote:

ATG wrote:

.......and you peg Israel as the agressors........go figure
CameronPoe
+2,925|6576

lowing wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

ATG wrote:

.......and you peg Israel as the agressors........go figure
If I were an Arab in 1948 I would view the creation of their state as an act of aggression. When they initiated an unprovoked attack on Egypt at the behest of the French and the UK in 1957 to bring about the Suez Canal crisis they were the aggressor. They fired the first shot in 1967. There's a very distinct pattern here...
ATG
Banned

CameronPoe wrote:

ATG wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Unfortunately mythical tales in dusty old books do not reality make. Where was 'David' when the Nazis gassed and burned 6 million Jews?
.......and you peg Israel as the aggressors........go figure

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard