sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6755|Argentina
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6409|'Murka

Ed Morrissey wrote:

They have launched rockets continuously from Gaza at Sderot since the Israeli withdrawal from Gaza three years ago. The Israelis acted with restraint until the launchers targeted Ashkelon this week, a much larger city, as an escalation of their attacks.

Now they want to haul dead civilians in front of journalists to complain about the Israeli counterattack. That might work except for two points. First, Gazans deliberately targeted Israeli civilians in Sderot and Ashkelon, or at the very least didn’t bother to target anything at all and had no worries whether they killed women and children. Second, the Gazans locate their rocket launchers in civilian centers, essentially using women and children as human shields.
But the Palestinians are completely innocent.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6619|London, England
Well it's not like the Palestinians want peace, they voted for Hamas. They continue to do rocket attacks that force the country into retaliation. They're the ones that intentionally target civilians.

Although you don't see this shit in the W.Bank, so it's more of a Gaza/Hamas problem than a Palestinian one.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6755|Argentina

FEOS wrote:

Ed Morrissey wrote:

They have launched rockets continuously from Gaza at Sderot since the Israeli withdrawal from Gaza three years ago. The Israelis acted with restraint until the launchers targeted Ashkelon this week, a much larger city, as an escalation of their attacks.

Now they want to haul dead civilians in front of journalists to complain about the Israeli counterattack. That might work except for two points. First, Gazans deliberately targeted Israeli civilians in Sderot and Ashkelon, or at the very least didn’t bother to target anything at all and had no worries whether they killed women and children. Second, the Gazans locate their rocket launchers in civilian centers, essentially using women and children as human shields.
But the Palestinians are completely innocent.
Nowhere in my post it says they are, but let's be honest, how many people died coz of those rockets, even when it's wrong to launch them?  Who is launching the rockets, Abbas government or extremists?  Why don't the IDF get the extremists instead of killing innocent people?  Who is killing Palestinians, a bunch of extremists or the government of Israel?
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6755|Argentina

Mek-Izzle wrote:

Well it's not like the Palestinians want peace, they voted for Hamas. They continue to do rocket attacks that force the country into retaliation. They're the ones that intentionally target civilians.

Although you don't see this shit in the W.Bank, so it's more of a Gaza/Hamas problem than a Palestinian one.
I agree those nutjobs should be shot, but Israel can't overreact like that all the time, one rocket into Israel = 54 Palestinians dead.
PureFodder
+225|6283

sergeriver wrote:

Mek-Izzle wrote:

I agree those nutjobs should be shot, but Israel can't overreact like that all the time, one rocket into Israel = 54 Palestinians dead.
It's pretty obviously going to inflame the situation and result in more rocket attacks, not less.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6649|USA

sergeriver wrote:

Mek-Izzle wrote:

Then perhaps the best course of action is not launch rockets into Israel in the first place???? Or are you saying shame on Israel for being more proficient at hurting their enemies more than their enemies can hurt them
Sorcerer0513
+18|6540|Outer Space

sergeriver wrote:

Nowhere in my post it says they are, but let's be honest, how many people died coz of those rockets, even when it's wrong to launch them?  Who is launching the rockets, Abbas government or extremists?
Surely you are joking? That not many people die is an excuse? Oh, it's just some silly rockets, no one dies, right? What about injuries media do not report? That kid that lost his leg? Another kid just a couple of days ago that got his arm almost torn off? I'm sure that because not many people die because of those rockets, that's really comforting to people living there, living in constant stress, running for shelter ten times a day.

sergeriver wrote:

Why don't the IDF get the extremists instead of killing innocent people?  Who is killing Palestinians, a bunch of extremists or the government of Israel?
And what will the reaction be when IDF finally goes back into Gaza to get the said extremists, instead of bombing them? That's right, people will be whining how Israel is occupying the poor Palestinians, oppresing them. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6755|Argentina

lowing wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Mek-Izzle wrote:

Then perhaps the best course of action is not launch rockets into Israel in the first place???? Or are you saying shame on Israel for being more proficient at hurting their enemies more than their enemies can hurt them
Then perhaps the best course of action is not killing innocent people instead of getting the extremists in the first place?  I say shame on Israel for overreacting every fucking time.  I can't place shame on extremists coz they are wackos unless you think the government of Abbas sponsors them.

Last edited by sergeriver (2008-03-02 06:42:19)

sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6755|Argentina

Sorcerer0513 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Nowhere in my post it says they are, but let's be honest, how many people died coz of those rockets, even when it's wrong to launch them?  Who is launching the rockets, Abbas government or extremists?
Surely you are joking? That not many people die is an excuse? Oh, it's just some silly rockets, no one dies, right? What about injuries media do not report? That kid that lost his leg? Another kid just a couple of days ago that got his arm almost torn off? I'm sure that because not many people die because of those rockets, that's really comforting to people living there, living in constant stress, running for shelter ten times a day.

sergeriver wrote:

Why don't the IDF get the extremists instead of killing innocent people?  Who is killing Palestinians, a bunch of extremists or the government of Israel?
And what will the reaction be when IDF finally goes back into Gaza to get the said extremists, instead of bombing them? That's right, people will be whining how Israel is occupying the poor Palestinians, oppresing them. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
You didn't address the outrageous way Israel responds to a rocket attack, which is a wrong thing like I said, killing a lot of innocent people.  And the rockets are launched by extremists not by innocent civilians.  Israel has a responsibility as a "democratic" government to respect innocent people lives.
Sorcerer0513
+18|6540|Outer Space

sergeriver wrote:

You didn't address the outrageous way Israel responds to a rocket attack, which is a wrong thing like I said, killing a lot of innocent people.  And the rockets are launched by extremists not by innocent civilians.  Israel has a responsibility as a "democratic" government to respect innocent people lives.
And what would you have them do? Not respond at all? Let Hamas fire the rockets with impunity? Or reoccupy Gaza? Like I said, I'm sure the worldwide media would love it...
Shadowolf
+9|6240|Israel
Well when bombing a Hamas associated building some innocent people that were around that building are always gonna get hit.
And tank shells are always going to cause damage around where it hit.

Hamas likes to be in places where there are a lot of civilians, so when the IDF attacks them it will make Israel look bad.
And we have been warning them for years that for every Jewish drop of blood spilled, 50 gallons of militant blood are going to be spilled.
But they don't give a crap about their own people at all, all they care about is death and terror.

Last edited by Shadowolf (2008-03-02 07:06:51)

Sorcerer0513
+18|6540|Outer Space

Shadowolf wrote:

Well when bombing a Hamas associated building some innocent people that were around that building are always gonna get hit.

Hamas likes to be in places where there are a lot of civilians, so when the IDF attacks them it will make Israel look bad.
And we have been warning them for years that for every Jewish drop of blood spilled, 50 gallons of Palestinian blood are going to be spilled.
But they don't give a crap about their own people at all, all they care about is death and terror.
Now that just doesn't make sense. First you say it's collateral damage, and then you say 50 gallons of Palestinian blood for every drop of Jewish blood. You should make up your mind. Or did you mean extremist blood, not Palestinian?
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6755|Argentina

Sorcerer0513 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

And what would you have them do? Not respond at all? Let Hamas fire the rockets with impunity? Or reoccupy Gaza? Like I said, I'm sure the worldwide media would love it...
I really don't know.  It's a fucked up situation.  The extremists are assholes that should be dealt with, but I don't think Israel can kill people like that and go unpunished at all.  There must be a different solution to that.  Israel = country.  Extremists = wackos.
Shadowolf
+9|6240|Israel
I meant militant blood, sorry.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6649|USA

sergeriver wrote:

lowing wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Then perhaps the best course of action is not killing innocent people instead of getting the extremists in the first place?  I say shame on Israel for overreacting every fucking time.  I can't place shame on extremists coz they are wackos unless you think the government of Abbas sponsors them.
So you are going to blame Israel for the Palestinian practice of fighting a war behind women and children huh?? Sounds fair
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6755|Argentina

Shadowolf wrote:

And we have been warning them for years that for every Jewish drop of blood spilled, 50 gallons of Palestinian blood are going to be spilled.
Nice attitude dude.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6755|Argentina

lowing wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

lowing wrote:

So you are going to blame Israel for the Palestinian practice of fighting a war behind women and children huh?? Sounds fair
I think Israel has the means to fight them without killing so many civilians.  Collateral damage is one thing, this is outrageous.  They kill 50 civilians every one militant.  Very effective.  Cmon.
Shadowolf
+9|6240|Israel

sergeriver wrote:

lowing wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

I think Israel has the means to fight them without killing so many civilians.  Collateral damage is one thing, this is outrageous.  They kill 50 civilians every one militant.  Very effective.  Cmon.
I bet you failed 1st grade math.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6755|Argentina

Shadowolf wrote:

I meant militant blood, sorry.
That is different.  Kill all the extremists you want, but respect innocent civilians lives.  If you do that, you'll have the world's support for sure.
SineNomine
Panzerblitz
+37|6720|SPARTA

sergeriver wrote:

And apparently the best way to achieve peace is killing all Palestinians.
yup
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6755|Argentina

Shadowolf wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

lowing wrote:

How many militants were killed this week?  I'm sure you don't read any news services beyond the Israeli ones.

Last edited by sergeriver (2008-03-02 07:10:34)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6649|USA

sergeriver wrote:

lowing wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Any chance that this because every militant surrounds himself with 50 civilians as he fights?? Ut ohhhhhhh, ole lowing might be on to something here.

Last edited by lowing (2008-03-02 07:13:04)

Shadowolf
+9|6240|Israel

sergeriver wrote:

Shadowolf wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

How many militants were killed this week?  I'm sure you don't read any news services besides the Israeli ones.
Well let me tell you, Israeli newspapers can sometimes be more anti-Israeli than other newspapers.
And I'm pretty sure 70%+ of the people who died were terrorists or people associated with terrorism.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6755|Argentina

lowing wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

lowing wrote:

Any chance that this because every militant surounds himself with 50 civilians as he fights??
They are extremists, you can't behave like them ffs.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard