A=10
+-2|6787|U.K DURHAM
omfg how many hours dude thats nuts and yes you do have the medal
WormGuts
+17|6795|Dayton, Ohio
i too skipped a basic badge and jumped directly to my veteran badge.  in my case it was the knife badge.

when checking my badges at paranoid it shows my basic and veteran pistol badges, but since i skipped the basic knife it only shows the veteran one.

http://www.paradroid.net/bf2stats/bf2st … mp;lang=en

i hope that this won't affect my promotion at some point later on.  i would assume that the veteran badges outweigh the basic ones, but you never know with EA.
<DG>Horus247
+0|6837|United Kingdom
I was reading this thread and i thought back to when i was going for the pistol and knife badges.

when i went for the knife badge, it took me a hell of a long time to string 7 in a row, and eventually when i did, i had already accumulated 60+ so like you are all saying, i was awarded the basic badge immediatelly followed by the veteran. now i suppose thats the logical way to see it if you qualify for two badges similtaniously. however the funny thing was, i did another 7 kills with the knife and was awarded the basic knife again. glitch?

this happened also with the pistol. earn the veteran and basic (by default) then complete 7 pistol kills, and viola! you get the basic again. n.b. not to say that you earn the basic badges twice, but i'm saying theres a glitch in the order that the stats logically update themselves for qualifying criteria.

to be honest, it might have simply been better to have 50 pistol/knife kills for the basic badge, then say 150kills + a streak of 7 kills for the veteran. then this situation wouldnt occur.

just one other thought. being almost upon the rank of corporal - do you find that other than the medals, that most of the badges and ribbons are already achieved? i wonder if EA willin their updates, either bring new things out or ammend the criteria for the existing medals/ribbons/badges.
D34TH_D34L3R
+48|6817|Belgium
the new patch is out, so I figure that most people who skipped either Basic Knife or Pistol now made it to Master Sergeant ( or First, hopefully ) ..
So basicly my question now is: Do you make First Sergeant everyone who skipped Basic Medals? Or do you stay Master Sergeant?
Plz reply ASAP. because I'm close to Master/First Serg. myself ^_^
GRTZ
A=10
+-2|6787|U.K DURHAM
i have gone to Sergeant Major it says my next rank is 2nd Lieutenant plus it says Sergeant Major of the Corps before that. look at my stats to see wot it says mate if thats any help plus im still not getting this combat infantry medal http://bf2s.com/player/[120mm]DELBOY/
WormGuts
+17|6795|Dayton, Ohio
i was actually awarded the veteran without getting my basic in knife badge...however upon my first knife kill since the patch i noticed that i recieved my basic knife badge
WormGuts
+17|6795|Dayton, Ohio
in fact its funny if you view my awards in BFHQ you see that oe of my last awards was basic knife but veteran nowhere in site (long time ago
FMF_Duke
+0|6777
Maybe this will be of some help. I am in the same boat as everyone that is trying for this medal. I got my veteran pistol badge the same time I got my basic badge. Before the new patch 1.03 I was a Staff Seargent. Since the patch I was promoted to Seargent Major with the Star which means I have all the basic badges that is required to get this rank. If I did not have all the basic badges I would be a Seargent Major with a dot not the star. So this tells me I have all my basic badges!!! So, I went on and play tonight just fooling around with the pistol again and got five kills with a pistol and received the Basic pistol badge again!!! For like the 11th time!!! So, there is a glitch still. Here is a possible RESULTION!!! If you have over 500 hours go into a server and get 5 pistol kills again, get rewarded the basic pistol badge again and hope the round lasts 34 minutes!!! I have a sneaky feeling this will get you the Medal you all want. I do not have 500 hours yet so I cant try it myself yet. Let me know if this works for any of you. I think the bigger problem is making sure the round lasts 34 minutes. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THIS WORKS!!! If no one responds I will try and get it when I get to 500 hours. I am currently short 500 hours by 15!! I will try it when the time comes and post my results here. Good luck soldiers and let me know what happens!!

Last edited by FMF_Duke (2005-10-08 00:43:26)

A=10
+-2|6787|U.K DURHAM
thanks duke i will try that 1 i have had lots of servers last for the time just not getting the infantry combat. but im going to try wot ya said see if that works i will let you know.thing is getting them kills again will take most of the map time all depends. well here goes im off to try it.
A=10
+-2|6787|U.K DURHAM
right ok i got the combat infantry medal on the server but its not gone into my BFHQ as of yet. but i think it will just takes its time plus i have better than basic all sorts now 2. so yes you can still get it lads looks like its just 1 of them things that take time. but you can get it i have hope this helps some of you out .lets see how the others go lol should be a good bit of fun trying.we should all find a server to play would be fun.post if you guys have a fav server you play so we can squad up laters all
savu
+0|6813

dr4gonman wrote:

I did this with the pistol badges.  I had over 100 pistol kills, no badge at all.  As soon as I got the 7 pistol kills in a round for the basic badge I got them both.  Basic badge popped up immediately followed by the veteran badge. 

Don't know if that helps anyone but I figured it beared on the subject.
i got basic pistol badge but it never showed up! later when i got more pistol kills basic and veteran badge popped up same time?... i never saw my basic pistol badge on my bfhq or any sites...this was long time ago before this crap new came up patch(it has some good things but ranking is way too low!!!!)im now master serg. BUT i should be first serg. cos i got all badges and half of them veteran and my rank bar has not raised a bit since the new patch came!i dont like this at all...

Last edited by savu (2005-10-09 13:05:43)

A=10
+-2|6787|U.K DURHAM
lol yer i can see wot your saying mate but i think it might be a good thing it might make guys team play a little more now.cause when i first started playing bf2 i thought shag this im back on desert combat cause no 1 was team playing.even still its hard to find team play on a public server if ya ask me and if ya get a few mates to join mosy end up on other side cant win. any way btw i have my combat infantry badge now so it dont worry about the badge crap.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard