EcLiPsE#14
+0|6823
im sure it'll be fine...the veteran shud replace the basic on ur stats neway...however both basic and veteran badges should show on bf2s stats...unless the new and improved bf2s has updated and no longer shows both
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6848|"Frisco"

It no longer shows the lower level badge People clammered for that for quite some time and so I added it.

However, if you don't have the basic (because of this bug) there are rumors going around that you cannot earn things that require the basic badges!
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6848|San Francisco

chuyskywalker wrote:

However, if you don't have the basic (because of this bug) there are rumors going around that you cannot earn things that require the basic badges!
Afro and I went in search of someone who had the combat infantry medal but skipped one of the basic badges and actually found one...

As much as I hate to do it, I am now going to link to doggunn's stats site because he is still using the old bf2s code which displays all badges. Sepander has skipped the basic pistol badge, yet still has the combat infantry medal. I still find it a bit odd that so few of the people over 500 global hours have this medal considering the other requirements are very easily obtainable, but perhaps none of them play in large servers where rounds exceed 34 minutes?
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6848|"Frisco"

After looking over my info I can verify that missing the basic badges will not hold you back from achieving awards/ranks down the line.
Epitome
+0|6842|The Netherlands
It would be very weird if you were punished for achieving a veteran badge without getting the basic badge first...

And ingame it clearly states I got them both at the same time:

https://bf2tracker.com/gallery/smallpics/smallpic-6514.jpg

Last edited by Epitome (2005-09-19 03:23:24)

CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6842|Missoula, MT
Nice screen shot!  ()r@ng3 would be proud!
LeGrandAssidomaen
Paper Is My Hobbyhorse
+1|6808

Burning_Monkey wrote:

They may not have gotten the time requirements for a round.  The Infantry medals all require a 34 minute round.  Maybe they just haven't had a 34 minute round yet.
No, it doesn't require a round of 34 mins, just playing in a server for 34 minutes...so they already should've gotten it.
Stoned_Smurfz
The Mushroom Man
+1|6847|Australia
humm this could be simply fixed in an update by simply making it so that u cant get vet untill u got basic... make the basic badge a requirement for vet....
i dont see why they dont already have that...
EcLiPsE#14
+0|6823
look...with the veteran and expert knife and pistol badges on your sigs...they just replace (if obtained before) the previous rank of badge and dont show both...so there's no way of knowing if other players got all of them or just some of them (basic vet exp) except by them telling u and im pretty sure that if u got the higher ranked badges b4 the basic that it counts anyway...i'm sure that all the top players that dont have the combat infantry medal haven't yet played in a server for 34 minutes yet as it is quite hard...especially if ur addicted to karkand/sharqui and mashturr because the other maps that probly cud last 34 mins (kubra dam, fushe pass) are quite boring to play on specially if ur not an aviator...so i'm sure all u guyz worrying bout this not getting the basic badge shud be alrite...i guess its just my thoughts...rip my head off bout it when u reach the rank that require's all the basics...but for now...live with it...

EcLiPsE#14
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6848|"Frisco"

LeGrandAssidomaen wrote:

Burning_Monkey wrote:

They may not have gotten the time requirements for a round.  The Infantry medals all require a 34 minute round.  Maybe they just haven't had a 34 minute round yet.
No, it doesn't require a round of 34 mins, just playing in a server for 34 minutes...so they already should've gotten it.
Actually, yes. When I wrote "IAR: 34 minutes" in UBAR, that little In A Round part really does mean just that. And, tbh, for a lot of those karkand whores, a 34 minute round is quite a long time.

Additionally, I did some looking into the algorithim that it uses to determine if you have "award X at level Y" and if you have the same award, but at a higher level, it will still return true. So it doesn't matter if you skip at all.
Epitome
+0|6842|The Netherlands
OK, Combat Infantry Medal here we come

https://images.bf2s.com/resources/graphics/awards/ubar/AWARD_NAME_2020903.gif

Last edited by Epitome (2005-09-20 10:45:51)

A=10
+-2|6787|U.K DURHAM
well hello all i was looking about for some info on this. and as i have over 500 hours play time on bf2 and still no combat infantry medal i had gone from basic to vet then expert knife.and basic to vet pistol before my 500 hours.and trust me i have played on a server for 1 round that lasted more than 34 mins. and played a server for more and still nota any help on this would be nice if i find out whats up i will post back must try for it now again
Ag3nT-()r@ng3
Another German Mod
+6|6808|Lake Constanze, Germany
Sometimes it's really funny with the awards: u do exact the req things - nothing happens.
Another round, another server - *TaDa* '...u have been awarded with...'
Sometimes i really dunno, m8....i dunno.....
I'm afraid u have to try again on another server.....

Greetz,
Agent
A=10
+-2|6787|U.K DURHAM
thanks bud and hey i have seen you on a server a few times Ag3nT-()r@ng3 next time i see ya i will give ya a shout mate .but like i say i have been playing for a few hours trying for this still nota ffs 500 hours of play i think most guys will get better than basic if thats the case i cant see it been that if it is its an ea balls up
~SpM~Carbon
+0|6789
HMMMM very complicated , but i got my vetarn pistol badge without having a basic pistol proir to entering the server. but i did have 100 kills and  over an hour use of the pistol when i recieved both! i only seen the vetran badge in top corner but could read the messages "you have recived basic pistol award" with "recieved vetran pistol award" right underneath , it would seem i got the basic  cuase of the 7 kills then the vetran imeaditly cuase of the 7 kills plus the 100 kills proir to entering the server. therefor gettign the basic b4 the vetran but never actually seeing it appear in top right corner or in my stats.
also i did recieve the basic again  in different servers trying for my advanced badge. weird?
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6793|Jupiter
wow u guys are not smart, of course u get your basic at the same time it just shows the best badge u have, veteran rater than basic, etc. wow u guys need to think.
A=10
+-2|6787|U.K DURHAM
im going on about the combat infantry medal my self im just having problems getting it like i said i have done the time on server more thAN A FEW TIMES  like it says i have the hours just that i had my vet pistol and expert knife before i hit 500 hours WONDER IF THIS IS A BUG NOW
Ag3nT-()r@ng3
Another German Mod
@A=10: Imo this should be no problem. I'm sure many ppl have 'exp knife' and 'vet pistol'
(like me) before going to 500 global hours.

Greetz,
Agent
A=10
+-2|6787|U.K DURHAM
so you do but i bet you have bother getting that medal trust me i have played on server after server for a long time look at a lot of guys who have over 500 hours lots of em not got it hope im wrong mate hope you get it but im thinking mmmm wots going on think i will just forget about trying for now but thanks lads for the posts
Ag3nT-()r@ng3
Another German Mod
@A=10: Naahhh, i won't bother...it will work....i'm definately 100% sure....

Greetz,
Agent
Czarosniq
+0|6789|Poland

D34TH_D34L3R wrote:

Hi Guys, Ok here's the question -I don't think it has been asked before, but don't shoot me if it has..-:
The Basic Pistol/Knife Badge is: 7 Kills IAR
The Vet. Pistol/Knife Badge is: 7 Kills IAR / 50 Global Pistol/Knife Kills
So I've noticed that a lot of people actually skipped the Basic Pistol/Knife ( in my case Pistol ) Badge and immediatly recieved the Vet. Badge because they already had 50+ Global Pistol/Knife Kills ..

But now the question is: Some Ranks/Medals require ALL the basic badges ( including Knife & Pistol ) ..
Will you still get the Rank/ ( Combat Infanrty ) Medal if you skipped the basic badge and immediatly got the Vet badge ?

I'm still FAR away from getting the rank or medal.. but I was just wondering, and thought maybe others who are closer would like to know as well as I :-)

Grtz, D34TH_D34L3R
That's good point 
A=10
+-2|6787|U.K DURHAM
looks like that guy could be right about his point i dont know i have given up tell the truth but i cant get combat infantry medal trust me i have spent another 36 hours trying here

Last edited by A=10 (2005-09-30 02:08:17)

=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6834
Personally, in the new patch, when EA says "the awards will be tweaked" (or something to that extent) I think they're talking about this kind of stuff. Just my opinion. Don't take it as fact.
A=10
+-2|6787|U.K DURHAM
yes mate they are going to tweak them when i dont know but like you say Don't take it as fact. i hope they sort this damn game out as i love it but the bugs just keep showing up but apart from that i would say best game out defo.plus i must say that you guys are a very good group of lads.im still waiting for the smart arse to post up. because  most time ya get them when you ask for some help or advice but none yet apart from some good help.keep up the good work guys.
OholibaH
The Disconnected
+0|6837

rofo wrote:

no...you definitly dont get it if you are missing the basic badges...

look @ my stats, missing the basic pistol badge and dont get the combat infantry medal...
played with a friend of mine on the same server a longer round and he got it and i didnt
http://www.paradroid.net/bf2stats/bf2st … d=43595638

we both have this mysterious total time played glitch in our stats as i mentioned in other posts...
O_o but at your stats the COmbat Infantry Medal shows up.....

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard