Xicer
+0|6778
On UBAR, the requirements for the veteran tactical support weaponry badge is to throw 1,000 flashbangs/teargas. Well, I just looked at my stats and I have already used flashbangs/teargas 1,284 times, yet still not veteran badge! Apparently, UBAR is wrong about another award.

Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6822
The feed BF2s.com gets doesn't include those stats, however some stats web sites use a different feed (don't know if theirs is unofficial or not), but if it is an unofficial feed of some kind, its a possibility it may be incorrect.

Unless of course they upped the requirements or changed them at a later time, 1,000 is known to be the correct number.
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6739
how can u tell how many you have thrown?
Xicer
+0|6778
I looked at this place for those stats:
http://bf2player.com/

And I'm pretty sure that's a correct number, because I've been throwing flashes and teargas like crazy fir the past couple weeks.
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6739
Oh look thiers adds how nice. im pretty sure its doubling those stats cause im positive i only fired 10 cans of tear gas to get the badge then put the teargas away.

EDIT:BTW i have never thrown a flashbang with this name actually i think the last time i played on it was when i got those badges. he probally has a Multiplier wrong

Last edited by IBKCKNURASS (2006-01-04 21:54:27)

Xicer
+0|6778
So what if it has ads, TBF2 has ads but it's still one of the best BF2 sites ever. And I'm pretty sure those stats are accurate, especially since everything else is. Plus, it definetly felt like I threw over 1,000 flashbangs already, that's why I went to check.
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6739
im just telling u what i know. Im positive that i only threw ten i counted them out then logged out when it gave me the badge.
anyway, test it. make sure its up to date go to a map throw 1 flashbang or one can of gas and see if it doubles it.

EDIT: Besides on that site it even shows that u need 1000 so obviously that site is incorrectly counting stats.

Last edited by IBKCKNURASS (2006-01-04 22:02:31)

Xicer
+0|6778
Ill do that tomorrow, it's pretty late right now.
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6739
just so u know theres files on ur system that hold all the badge info. theres also a nvg badge that isnt in effect yet. same for the sf ribbons.
Psycho
Member since 2005
+44|6778|Kansas, USA

Xicer wrote:

So what if it has ads, TBF2 has ads but it's still one of the best BF2 sites ever. And I'm pretty sure those stats are accurate, especially since everything else is. Plus, it definetly felt like I threw over 1,000 flashbangs already, that's why I went to check.
He said "Oh look thiers adds how nice." - as in 2+2=4. Not that their site HAS advertising.
Xicer
+0|6778
Oh, whoops, lol. The way he said it made it seem like he said it had ads. I feel like an idiot heh.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6791|Singapore

So now we can all rename UBAR, FUBAR.

Geez. There's a sticky saying "Think UBAR is wrong? Prove it"

Maybe we should add USE IT
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6739
ok i have been checkin into this an apperantly nobody is getting that badge.....
Xicer
+0|6778

polarbearz wrote:

So now we can all rename UBAR, FUBAR.

Geez. There's a sticky saying "Think UBAR is wrong? Prove it"

Maybe we should add USE IT
Well hey, sorry i didn't see the sticky OK?

Also, I just noticed I accidently put this topic in BF2 Help instead of BF2SF help, so if a mod could please move it that would be great.

Yea, I also noticed no one else was getting the badges. I have three theories right now:

1. It's commented out.
2. You can't use a combination of flashbangs and teargas, you have to use 1,000 flashbangs or 1,000 teargas.
3. It might be like the zip-line and grappling hook where 3,000 is for veteran and 6,500 is for expert.

EDIT: Spelling errors.

Last edited by Xicer (2006-01-05 08:41:57)

Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6790|England

IBKCKNURASS wrote:

just so u know theres files on ur system that hold all the badge info. theres also a nvg badge that isnt in effect yet. same for the sf ribbons.
You can get the sf ribbons its just that nobody knows the requirements for them yet. Its definitely not 5 hours in service as it says on UBAR. Ive seen about 20 people with them including myself.
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6739
thank u for stating the obvious. we all know they just started showing up yesterday. as far as any1 can tell they are the equavaliant of the mec and pla service ribbons.
EDIT the reason ubar shows 5 hrs is cause thats what the *.py says. but as chuy has pointed out they are all commented out on the *.py file.

Last edited by IBKCKNURASS (2006-01-05 09:24:17)

Ub3r-ElitE
Teargas wh0re
+2|6722
Quoted from your stats site:

+        - Has bug in award file. May not work.
alizard
+0|6778
I recieved my basic tactical badge in a game and used a combonation of flash bangs and teargas to earn it.. I know this to be true because I switched to support and only shot off about 3 tear gas rnds then I was awarded the badge,. But, I was wondering if smoke grenades in vanilla BF2 count towards that also. Anyone?.......lol

Last edited by alizard (2006-01-05 09:33:41)

IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6739
ya for the tactical badge u can use smoke teargas or flashbangs any combination will do. chuy knows this.

EDIT: I think the reason that he hasnt changed this is cause he knows that badge is screwed up.

Last edited by IBKCKNURASS (2006-01-05 09:43:11)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard