Dersmikner
+147|6491|Texas
I've been away a while with a HUGE work project, and been out of town and so forth, and upon returning found out that I've got a security leak at my company. Somehow people are getting my emails (which have UBER-password protection) and they're altering them, adding and subtracting shit, and forwarding them to other people.

Anyway, I got a printout of one and ALL I HAVE is the "from" email address from which the email was forwarded.

I'm willing to pay LARGE CASH to find out who, what, when, where, and how someone got into my email or at the very least who that person really is and from whence they sent these emails. I've pulled the usual "show headers" and "whois lookup" and shit like that but I clearly need someone who can hack their way into that email address and find out who they are and how they got my stuff.

I'm going to be out of town starting this afternoon on business, and will be gone a few days seeing clients, but if there is a super hacker here who's willing to take on the job I will pay well.

Email me at wheeler at [spam sucks so i included this] completecareonline . com and let me know if you can do it and what you'd charge. I might not get back with you for a few days but I will get with you.

Thanks!
prototype
+52|6304
it wont be hard to find out the source, especially if you have an intranet or if your systems are networked together
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6374|the land of bourbon
u should contact your local authorities.  "hacking back" is not a legal way to go about this.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Dersmikner
+147|6491|Texas
I prefer that the local authorities not have access to my sensitive emails. I may use a local computer firm here in town, but I prefer a deadly stealth hacker from elsewhere.
KylieTastic
Games, Girls, Guinness
+85|6445|Cambridge, UK

Dersmikner wrote:

Anyway, I got a printout of one and ALL I HAVE is the "from" email address from which the email was forwarded.
The 'from:' field in the email data in the email is meaningless, apart from a few very secure setups it can normally be set to anything (hence why spam emails have the same to and from field and often both fictitious)

The transport of most emails is via SMTP. However this has the same issue. In many cases the from field is not validated at all, in most others it only has to be from a validated domain.

Without knowing more of your setup its difficult to say more, but you need to be tracking by IP address in various logs (mail server, firewall, isp logs?) rather than a from field.
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6212|Phoenix, AZ
i smell a thread close... :\
GravyDan
Back from the Grave(y)
+768|5925|CA
It was Bob.  I saw him do it, then he stole your Hot Pocket.  Paypal me.
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6701|th3 unkn0wn

Dersmikner wrote:

I prefer that the local authorities not have access to my sensitive emails. I may use a local computer firm here in town, but I prefer a deadly stealth hacker from elsewhere.
I'm deadly...and stealthy...but not a hacker. Can I still have the job? And the big paycheck too?
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6374|the land of bourbon

Dersmikner wrote:

if you are being serious, call your police station.  they have their own computer security experts who can legally obtain information from ISPs to trace hackers.  unless you are doing something illegal, i doubt they care about your sensitive emails.  if you take this matter into your own hands, you are breaking several laws, and will most likely cause more harm than good.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6125|Carnoustie, Scotland

GravyDan wrote:

It was Bob.  I saw him do it, then he stole your Hot Pocket.  Paypal me.
Hot Pocket: Cheap shits! (Couldn't spell dioreahahahah)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard