B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6853|Cologne, Germany

well, it sure is unfortunate that the news came out. Irresponsible reporting, if you ask me. Why couldn't they wait until april to break the news ?
Now these "journalists" put the poor kid's life and those of his fellow soldiers on the line, for a freakin' news story.
I suggest that bloggers from the Drudge Report are to be sent to Afghanistan immediately.

On the upside, it will boost morale in the british population, and give mad props to Harry. No more party prince, eh ?

kudos to Harry.
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6475|Tyne & Wear, England
I reckon the Taliban are probably round Hellmand province like flies on shit at the minute.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
Lai
+186|6163

KILLSWITCH wrote:

I reckon the Taliban are probably round Hellmand province like flies on shit at the minute.
Aren't they always in Hellmand?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6633|London, England

Lai wrote:

KILLSWITCH wrote:

Aren't they always in Hellmand?
Pretty much, Infact I never hear of shit hitting the fan anywhere else but in that province.
B.Schuss

KILLSWITCH wrote:

well, the more turn up, the more will be killed, I guess. Ironically, this could help reduce the number of taliban fighters in hellmand province significantly...

btw, are there numbers available of how many british MP's or ministers have sent their kids to Afghanistan/Iraq ?

The Sun claims none...
Mekstizzle
WALKER

B.Schuss wrote:

btw, are there numbers available of how many british MP's or ministers have sent their kids to Afghanistan/Iraq ?

The Sun claims none...
Well that doesn't surprise me, and even if it's The Sun, it's still probably the truth
JahManRed
wank
+646|6640|IRELAND

B.Schuss wrote:

The Sun claims none...
For once The Sun is right. Only a handful attend state schools too. Seams whats good enough for the populous isn't good enough for our MP's boys. Tony Blair's kids attend private schools and have private health care. Says allot about that fucker and the mess he made of the national health. Pardon my french.

Harry said "takin a shit" on TV too. LOL.
He seams to be more of a man than that poncy brother of his who is being put through "intensive" flight training costing millions and their isn't a hope of him ever being in combat...........its just so he can ponce about in a uniform. Why don't they spend that money putting a kid from a poor background through it, who might actually put his training into action? Him, his uncle, granda and father have done fuck all military wise so shouldn't be poncing around in uniforms. At least Harry is out there, fair play to him. He fights paparazzi too, so he's OK in my book.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6661

BTW, am I the only one that thinks the capitalised title about something that is in reality so trivial is rather tabloidistic?
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6423|'Murka

Mek-Izzle wrote:

It's been a long time since people of already-established "importance" fought on the front line. I guess the last time that occured was when Haile Selassie (Ethiopian leader) fought alongside the troops to defend his country against Fascist Italy in WW2 (actually it was abit before WW2).

I think
Don't know I would consider it "front lines", but Harry's uncle Andy was a helicopter pilot during the Falklands War.

Didn't see anyone post it here, but on the news last night they said they were pulling Harry out now that his cover's blown.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
B.Schuss

ghettoperson wrote:

BTW, am I the only one that thinks the capitalised title about something that is in reality so trivial is rather tabloidistic?
well, maybe Kmarion is a secret royal fanboy ?

In all fairness, however, this is kind of big in the UK.
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6538|Milkystania, yurop
I bet that he is swearing at that american site that told the world he was out there ,just read that he will probably be sent home within 72 hours
B.Schuss

how do people get these kinds of information anyway ? I mean it's not like every blog has its own correspondents in every shithole in Afghanistan...
-101-InvaderZim
+42|6856|Waikato, Aotearoa
Meh . Keep him there. Risk of getting caught is about the same as for any other soldier. The Teleban have to know where he is in order to get him. (And at 500m thru a sniper scope all Brit soldiers look the same). Of course if he gets captured then his arse is gonna fry.

Well done on serving your country Harry
-101-InvaderZim
+42|6856|Waikato, Aotearoa

B.Schuss wrote:

how do people get these kinds of information anyway ? I mean it's not like every blog has its own correspondents in every shithole in Afghanistan...
Apparently was given away by an Aussie tabloid POS rag like Womans Day or some such......
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Oh well looks like all the furore has meant that they're going to pull him out:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7270743.stm

I wonder how long he was there
xRBLx
I've got lovely bunch of coconuts!!
+27|6367|England - Kent
I thought the Royal family has the ability to stop news being published on them?
I remember there was news on the Royal's a few years back but no one was allowed to publish it in the paper, new or radio because of such a thing.
dimascurtu
+5|5924
yep, cnn says they pulled him out after his "cover was blown"
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6475|Tyne & Wear, England

B.Schuss wrote:

The Sun claims none...
Although I totally believe that, the Sun also claims that Harry has killed over 30 Taliban, now that I do not believe.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6661

xRBLx wrote:

I thought the Royal family has the ability to stop news being published on them?
I remember there was news on the Royal's a few years back but no one was allowed to publish it in the paper, new or radio because of such a thing.
The government in the UK can pull any news story it wants, however it can't do anything about foreign news sources.
B.Schuss

KILLSWITCH wrote:

B.Schuss wrote:

The Sun claims none...
Although I totally believe that, the Sun also claims that Harry has killed over 30 Taliban, now that I do not believe.
if I remember correctly, they wrote that Harry directed coalition airstrikes during his assignment as a forward air controller that supposedly lead to 30 dead taliban fighters, in total.

I don't know if that counts as "killed 30 taliban", though...

From what I could draw from the pictures, and the few video clips on german TV last night, it seems he was pretty much down with the other grunts, with no exceptions made for him. But now that the story has broken, I am pretty sure we are going to hear alll about it pretty soon.
jord
+2,382|6690|The North, beyond the wall.

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

Mek-Izzle wrote:

Was Castro already a huge important figure before he started fighting, or was it the fighting/revoulution/whatever Cuba did that made him such. That's what I'm trying to make a difference about.

Like how alot of US Presidents served before they became President, but it's unlikely that a President would go on the front line whilst he is still a President
That's because:
a.  Presidents are too old
b.  It's a risk
c.  It's a waste of time to have the leader of a country fighting on the front lines.
That may be so. It's great that a Prince is as it raises moral. Nothing like a King leading you into battle eh...

Marinejuana wrote:

i wonder what kinds of special precautions they take for his unit. i mean, hes royalty, they must be handling him a BIT differently, right? too bad nobody put the prince harry gunfight on youtube. i know id check it out.

mikkel wrote:

I can appreciate culture, but there's a different between culture and throwing government money at people for nothing other than being born into a certain family. I don't even agree with involuntary subsidy of deliberately unemployed scum, let alone pompous multi-millionaires with nothing but bloodline to justify it.
agreed
They make more money than they take.

-----------------
Also, I doubt he's being returned home. That's what they want you to think. They'd have a big meeting on it and there will be strictly no cameras now. Shit I ruined it. Shhhhh.
Lai
+186|6163

-101-InvaderZim wrote:

(And at 500m thru a sniper scope all Brit soldiers look the same)
And how many talibs have a sniper scope? Exactly,.. AK-Spray, so they're lucky to make out a silhouette.
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6499|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
Well guess chock one up for the US media? gg, not!!

didn't see that Mek posted the BBC link.

Last edited by SgtHeihn (2008-02-29 09:33:17)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6656
where is all the outrage against google maps?
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5973|Washington DC

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

where is all the outrage against google maps?
i recall this one thing where someone was bitching about GMaps cause they thought Jihad Joe would find US bases with it

nevermind that someone searching for US bases through GMaps would likely get flagged for investigation by the CIA faster than you can say "alalalallala"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard