Rubix-Cubes
+123|6674|UK
all the best Sal Butera, i am not a full on religious person, but i will take time out tonight to give you a pray for you and your familly
Strngs012
Could I have 10,000 marbles please
+40|6436|Florida
Your brother is in my prayers. I hope all is well.
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6354|Oregon
Thanks to all of you, once again.
He's waiting for a room to open up in Portland, but for now, he's here...
He just called me, he sounds sick, but is in good spirits. He told me about how he woke up to a man-sized Tigger standing next to his bed. He's 16, so... a bit old for Tigger... but he thought it was funny. They also brought in a dog who did tricks and "whispered" to him. He actually said the dog's "whispers" were really creepy, and probably "a bit demonic for a Catholic hospital" ..... his words. XD
So yeah... I'm at ease a bit right now, because they have a theory about the cause, and it doesn't point to anything life-threatening.

And I should address people saying "Well, I don't pray" or stuff to that effect.
I don't either usually, and frankly I don't care if you pray or not, or if you're religious or not... what really matters is our goodwill to other people. You guys have shown that, so thanks to all of you.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6472|The Twilight Zone
I'm holding my fingers crossed for him phetal.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6412|The Gem Saloon
this is why i love this community so much.

phetal, im really sorry to hear about all this, and i hope he recovers quickly.

while you are waiting, to keep your mind off things, try and get into a game, or a TV show.
i know it sounds shallow, but dwelling on this will not help you, so dont.
take care man.
1927(h)

Funky_Finny wrote:

How long has it been?
Friday, September 23rd 2005 3.45pm.  I'm lucky because  1. She was my Mum and 2. I was with her holding her as she passed away.

This weekend, ecspecially Sunday is the worst day of the year but it gets easier as time is the best healer.  You all make sure you make your Mum feel special on Sunday as they are.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+686|6309|Washington St.
For him, I'll root for the Ducks.
I hope the best for him (y tu familia)
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6354|Oregon

Parker wrote:

while you are waiting, to keep your mind off things, try and get into a game, or a TV show.
take care man.
Oh I know... I'm trying not to dwell. I'm hanging out with a couple of my friends, and we're watching basketball. LOST is on tonight, and my brother promised me that if he's not in transit, he'd try to watch it and call me during commercials so we can discuss things.

I'm just updating this because you all have been caring so I thought I'd keep you in touch.

edit: And thanks pirana... that's quite considerate of you . I know how hard it is... haha!
By the way... have you seen any of the bad press ducks fans are getting? It's quite shameful how we're acting... I was at a game and was totally embarrassed. What happened to the creative chants? My dad tells me that back in the 70's, the ducks had a cheer that was "Shake it, UH! - You know our team is mellow! -  Shake that funky green, and shake that funky yellow!"
Where have those days gone?

Last edited by djphetal (2008-02-28 16:21:22)

1927(h)

djphetal wrote:

Parker wrote:

take care man.
Oh I know... I'm trying not to dwell. I'm hanging out with a couple of my friends, and we're watching basketball. LOST is on tonight, and my brother promised me that if he's not in transit, he'd try to watch it and call me during commercials so we can discuss things.

I'm just updating this because you all have been caring so I thought I'd keep you in touch.
It will help you to talk about things and so you should.  If you get the chance to spend time in hospital with him at times you will become bored with the same four walls.  Take the time to read his notes if you get the chance, study the machines which will be helping him and ask as many questions as you can as that will also help.  Keep your chin up and remain strong.
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6710|Calgary
Sorry to hear that, God bless and I am sure things will turn out just fine.
CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6526

djphetal wrote:

Parker wrote:

take care man.

edit: And thanks pirana... that's quite considerate of you . I know how hard it is... haha!
By the way... have you seen any of the bad press ducks fans are getting? It's quite shameful how we're acting... I was at a game and was totally embarrassed. What happened to the creative chants? My dad tells me that back in the 70's, the ducks had a cheer that was "Shake it, UH! - You know our team is mellow! -  Shake that funky green, and shake that funky yellow!"
LOST will up your spirits   If your looking to get your mind off of it later, watch Eli Stone after it.  not bad, kinda a feel-good show.
1927(h)

djphetal wrote:

Parker wrote:

take care man.

LOL you wanna check the things out we sing at UK Soccer matches, far from mellow most of the time
Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6759|United States

djphetal wrote:

My little brother was hospitalized earlier with an "extreme potassium deficiency." It's actually kinda serious, as a bunch of complications can arise if they don't quickly get his levels back up. He may have to be flown in to a bigger hospital soon...
It's just a bit nerve wracking...
If you could just send him your thoughts and prayers, that would be nice. If not, that's fine too... we all have stuff going on.

And by the way... I've never feared phone calls this much in my life. Every time it rings I'm absolutely terrified.
It's quite frightening.
I pray for a quick recovery.  I'm sure everything will be alright in the end.

(Maybe this should be moved into D&ST?)
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6354|Oregon

Bert10099 wrote:

djphetal wrote:

My little brother was hospitalized earlier with an "extreme potassium deficiency." It's actually kinda serious, as a bunch of complications can arise if they don't quickly get his levels back up. He may have to be flown in to a bigger hospital soon...
If you could just send him your thoughts and prayers, that would be nice. If not, that's fine too... we all have stuff going on.

And by the way... I've never feared phone calls this much in my life. Every time it rings I'm absolutely terrified.
It's quite frightening.

(I agree, I just realized it was kinda in the wrong section)
And thank you. Yeah, I don't think he's at too serious of a risk anymore, but potassium deficiency can lead to a coma, and without a diagnosis, there's no predicting what can happen... that's what is worrisome. Plus, any disease means a lifetime of watching your actions, and erring on the side of caution... and Sal is definitely not that way. He's a free spirit, for sure. But he'll overcome it, if it is a disease... I just hope that this doesn't change what he can eat, because he has an amazing talent for cooking food... Like... he's a child prodigy of the kitchen... if he has to change his diet seriously, I know he'd be a bit upset... but a good cook can certainly overcome that kind of thing.
1927(h)

djphetal wrote:

Bert10099 wrote:

djphetal wrote:

It's quite frightening.

(I agree, I just realized it was kinda in the wrong section)
And thank you. Yeah, I don't think he's at too serious of a risk anymore, but potassium deficiency can lead to a coma, and without a diagnosis, there's no predicting what can happen... that's what is worrisome. Plus, any disease means a lifetime of watching your actions, and erring on the side of caution... and Sal is definitely not that way. He's a free spirit, for sure. But he'll overcome it, if it is a disease... I just hope that this doesn't change what he can eat, because he has an amazing talent for cooking food... Like... he's a child prodigy of the kitchen... if he has to change his diet seriously, I know he'd be a bit upset... but a good cook can certainly overcome that kind of thing.
He'll adapt if he needs to as he is young, if there any complications no matter how small after he pulls through this and makes a recovery remember that Medicine is improving each day we live along with treatmets given.  I only say this to encourage you as you mention the word Disease.  He'll come out of this and recieve all the love and support from his family which will be the most important thing to him.
Marinejuana
local
+415|6603|Seattle
i wish him and your family the best of luck.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6556|Long Island, New York
My prayers are with ya man. I know how it feels to have a loved one in the hospital, not knowing what can happen. My dad had a heart attack and coded twice in September. Not fun. Try playing some games (I advise GHIII or Rock Band ) to get your mind off of it so it doesn't stress you out to the brink of insanity. That's what I did, and it worked.

Hope he gets better soon.
The#1Spot
+105|6558|byah
Is it a condition where his body cant process protein.
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6354|Oregon

The#1Spot wrote:

Is it a condition where his body cant process protein.
No... at least I don't believe so...
Well, my brother's in portland now. Things look okay at this point... we hope.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6638|Mhz

I'm glad he's doing better now, he taking any diuretic drugs by any chance?
B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here
+118|6409|Penrith,Nsw, Aus
i hope he gets better soon he will be in my prayers.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6692|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Phetal - Any news on your brother mate.  I bet I'm not the only one here who is thinking of him even when I'm no where near a computer screen.

My thoughts remain with you and your family, keep your chin up for him.
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6674|UK
yes would also like to know how your little bro is bearing up, iv asked my mum to say a few preys in her church last sunday for him. well hope he is getting stronger and the best wishes from all bf2ers.
pers0nah
Waste Kid
+271|6600|MANCHESTERRR
yeah man hope hes ok
G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6644|Sea to globally-cooled sea
aye

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard