djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6337|Oregon
My little brother was hospitalized earlier with an "extreme potassium deficiency." It's actually kinda serious, as a bunch of complications can arise if they don't quickly get his levels back up. He may have to be flown in to a bigger hospital soon...
It's just a bit nerve wracking...
If you could just send him your thoughts and prayers, that would be nice. If not, that's fine too... we all have stuff going on.

And by the way... I've never feared phone calls this much in my life. Every time it rings I'm absolutely terrified.
It's quite frightening.

EDIT: Read my updated post on page 4! My brother is doing alright. Thanks!

Last edited by djphetal (2008-03-06 03:46:16)

Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6579|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Lets hope he get well soon, i dont believe in prayer, but ill have some tho for him.
m4s3rchi3f
+122|6296
ill pray for him....name?
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6326|New Haven, CT

m4s3rchi3f wrote:

ill pray for him....name?
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6337|Oregon
Sal Butera
Thanks guys, that really means a lot.
NantanCochise
+55|5980|Portugal/United States
Sorry to hear that. Ill pray for Sal and hope he gets better.
Home
Section.80
+447|6849|Seattle, Washington, USA

I hope everything turns out OK for you and your family. Just wondering, how exactly does that come about? He just didn't eat enough potassium or something?
thtthht
maximum bullshit
+50|6332|teh alien spaceshit
I wish your borther luck.
Wait, I don't mean to be sarcastic, but can't foods like bananas bring him back?

Last edited by thtthht (2008-02-27 23:11:39)

TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6441|Brisbane, Australia

Shit thats no good. Hope he gets better phets.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Raphi
Banned
+354|6260|Basel, Switzerland
Shittt man, I'm really sorry to hear that. May god be with you these days.
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6337|Oregon
They really don't have an idea what caused it. The pediatrician said it could be the flu... but they've ruled that out. They also ruled out kidney problems... which is good.
I told him he was being a "bad gorilla" about the banana thing.
He's on an IV and he's eating bananas... They don't know where all the potassium is going. It's very weird.
Again, thanks guys...
I just got a call from a friend, but the number didn't show up on my phone, and when I picked up, there was a lot of bustle in the background, and it was probably just in my mind, but I swear I heard crying. Needless to say, it was absolutely terrifying and I'm shaking quite a lot right now.
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6324|Orrstrayleea
Awww, dude, that sucks, im sorry for you and your brother
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6221|Phoenix, AZ
Oh crap, thats pretty fucked up...

hes in my mind man and I hope hes alright...
Reciprocity
+721|6582|the dank(super) side of Oregon

djphetal wrote:

And by the way... I've never feared phone calls this much in my life. Every time it rings I'm absolutely terrified.
It's quite frightening.
I know exactly how that feels.  My 8 month old nephew was diagnosed with leukemia two weeks ago after becoming hypoxic.  the first 48 hours were a nerve-wracking nightmare.  He's up at Doernbecher dealing with chemotherapy now.
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6337|Oregon

Reciprocity wrote:

djphetal wrote:

It's quite frightening.
I know exactly how that feels.  My 8 month old nephew was diagnosed with leukemia two weeks ago after becoming hypoxic.  the first 48 hours were a nerve-wracking nightmare.  He's up at Doernbecher dealing with chemotherapy now.
Ah... I'm sorry to hear that.
That's where I think my little brother's headed soon, unless his levels climb.
edit: the hospital, i mean... not chemo.

I'm kinda at this point right now where every five minutes I shift from thinking "oh, he's being cared for, nothing that bad could happen," to "He's had muscle convulsions already... they're sudden and severe... something could happen."
I also just hope that he's not diagnosed with something bad. The negative on a kidney problem is good... I wish it were just the Flu though

Last edited by djphetal (2008-02-27 23:28:06)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6603|132 and Bush

It is a symptom of dehydration also. I used to have to take potassium tablets when I played soccer.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6337|Oregon

Kmarion wrote:

It is a symptom of dehydration also. I used to have to take potassium tablets when I played soccer.
They're wondering if he has chronic problems that we haven't noticed until now... He puts ridiculous amounts of salt on his food, and it's possible that his desire for salt is related to this.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6326|New Haven, CT
Salt would dehydrate you.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6603|132 and Bush

djphetal wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

They're wondering if he has chronic problems that we haven't noticed until now... He puts ridiculous amounts of salt on his food, and it's possible that his desire for salt is related to this.
Damn.. I can tell you that sodium and potassium are things that have to be balanced.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Phrozenbot
+632|6617|do not disturb

I hope he gets better phetal
1927(h)
Phetal - He couldn't be in a better place right now, I know you will take little comfort from that but its true, Im sure with the help of excellent med's, possibly a team of 20/30 people, the support of a caring and loving family along with a concerned Big Bruv he will be fine, he will proceed to improve I am sure but you may have to be patient until you get back the little brother you have always know.  My Thoughts are with you, please keep us updated if you don't mind and it helps you aswell.
geNius
..!.,
+144|6444|SoCal
I've been in almost your exact position.

Once never feels so helpless as when he can't take the pain himself.
https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6462|UK
I hope he gets better soon, wish him all the best.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6407|NSW, Australia

gee man, i hope your brother is ok, and i hope you handle it ok.

its always bad to see a family memeber in hospital
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6482|Somewhere else

How does that happen I wonder.

From reading this, it sounds like someone caught the situation before it became really bad.  It's good they are treating it serious, and not bullshitting around with something like this like some hospitals tend to do. 

Try to telax a bit, I bet the reality of it is that the chances are damn good he'll be fine.  Plus, someone would come to you personally if it was bad, not say it over the phone, i'd bet.  Don't let every phone ring freak you out.

Godspeed to everyone.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard