GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6614
Who in their right mind has ever considered modern Iran moderate?

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2008-02-27 05:29:26)

sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6728|Argentina

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Serge, I never knew Ahmadinejad was claiming he is a moderate.  Everyone knows the Iranian regime is one of the worst oppressors of Human Rights.  The question is, when will the dumb ass hierarchy stop supporting it?
Read his blog, lol.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6614
laughing out loud?  wish I saw the humor in that.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6728|Argentina

CameronPoe wrote:

FEOS wrote:

max wrote:

That must suck for the people who live there. Then again this is another county and none of our business
This wouldn't fall into the category of human rights violations? You get killed if you exercise freedom of religion?
Lots and lots of countries violate human rights and nobody does jackshit. Unfortunately for Iran the only countries that violate human rights that other countries decide to meddle with are those with oil or those that are in a militarily strategic location.
Cam, if we criticize Israel for violating human rights, we can't look the other way when Iran does things like this, they live in the Dark Ages really dude.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6728|Argentina

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

laughing out loud?  wish I saw the humor in that.
Did you read his blog?  The guy writes about all the great things in the democratic Iran and there are lots of messages from people all around the world (all of them obviously faked messages) sending greetings and congratulating Ahmadinejad for his job.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6614
good job at not recognizing blatant propaganda and taking it for face value.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6728|Argentina

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

good job at not recognizing blatant propaganda and taking it for face value.
Who said that wasn't propaganda?
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6614
you took it serious enough to point out how terribly medieval they are, and laugh, and start a thread about how backwards Iranian law is becoming and how it contradicts their president's message.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6728|Argentina

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

you took it serious enough to point out how terribly medieval they are, and laugh, and start a thread about how backwards Iranian law is becoming and how it contradicts their president's message.
I forget the only ones allowed to use lol or lawlz are marine and you, sorry.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6614

sergeriver wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

what has that got to do with the OP?

answer: nothing

because thats what you resort to when an argument doesnt go your way.

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2008-02-27 06:52:58)

B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6811|Cologne, Germany

FEOS wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

FEOS wrote:

I was talking about the unwritten rule around here that, while most domestic policies are off limits, those that clearly violate human rights are no longer strictly "domestic" in nature.
That would be an unwritten rule I would not really subscribe to. I think that if you are to subscribe to that rule then one must not be hypocritical in doing so. For example, taking Iran to task should also necessitate taking Israel, Zimbabwe, Burma, Russia, Saudi Arabia, China and numerous other nations to task - and at the end of the day who is going to fund possible military actions against all of these mighty and not-so-mighty powers when one has far more pressing domestic issues.
And various members of this forum take all those countries to task for various domestic policies that have broader-reaching implications...such as human-rights violations, political persecution, ethnic cleansing, etc.

The types of domestic policies that have no impact outside the country under discussion (domestic tax policy, gun laws, etc) are the ones that members have started to stay away from, to greater and lesser degrees. At least that's a trend I've seen of late.
yeah, that's true. It's something I learned the hard way through the gun control discussions.

although I must say it makes life here somewhat less entertaining.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6728|Argentina

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

What argument doesn't go my way here?  I said this kind of law is BS.  You are picking on me all the time, but that's your problem.  Btw, are you a Chavez fanboy?
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6512|Texas - Bigger than France
Iran has no right to kill their own people!

isn't that our job?
FallenMorgan
+53|5884|Glendale, CA
Absolute bullshit.  A country should not kill it's own people.  I say the United Nations or something should write a new resolution on human rights, that would kick the shit out of North Korea, Iran, and Saudi Arabia.  I hate it when people say it's none of our business.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6811|Cologne, Germany

FallenMorgan wrote:

Absolute bullshit.  A country should not kill it's own people.  I say the United Nations or something should write a new resolution on human rights, that would kick the shit out of North Korea, Iran, and Saudi Arabia.  I hate it when people say it's none of our business.
funny you should say that....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_pu … ted_States

"Since the reinstatement of the death penalty in 1976, there have been 1,099 executions in the United States as of October 2007. There were 53 executions in 2006."
PekkaA
+36|6635|Finland

Bernadictus wrote:

Wow. Just wow.
I always knew these people lived in the stoneages, but hell. Their leaders are living in a primordial soup.
Well, looks like your country is on its way too...

http://www.nisnews.nl/public/210208_2.htm
PureFodder
+225|6256

PekkaA wrote:

Bernadictus wrote:

Wow. Just wow.
I always knew these people lived in the stoneages, but hell. Their leaders are living in a primordial soup.
Well, looks like your country is on its way too...

http://www.nisnews.nl/public/210208_2.htm
Did you read the last bit of the article....
Pug

B.Schuss wrote:

FallenMorgan wrote:

funny you should say that....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_pu … ted_States

"Since the reinstatement of the death penalty in 1976, there have been 1,099 executions in the United States as of October 2007. There were 53 executions in 2006."
Yep, funny.

The most recent executions solely for crimes other than homicide were, respectively:

Rape - Ronald Wolfe on May 8, 1964, in Missouri.
Criminal assault - Rudolph Wright on January 11, 1962, in California
Kidnapping - Billy Monk on November 21, 1960, in California
Robbery/rape/kidnapping - Caryl Chessman on May 2, 1960, in California
Espionage - Ethel and Julius Rosenberg on June 19, 1953, in New York (Federal execution)
Desertion - Eddie Slovik on January 31, 1945, in Sainte-Marie-aux-Mines, France (Execution by firing squad)[16]
Burglary - Frank Bass on August 8, 1941, in Alabama
Train Robbery- Black Jack Ketchum April 26, 1901 in Clayton, New Mexico Territory
Arson - George Hughes, George Smith, Asbury Hughes on August 1, 1884, in Alabama
Piracy - Nathaniel Gordon on February 21, 1862, in New York (Federal execution)
Treason - John Conn in 1862 in Texas
Slave revolt - Slaves named Caesar, Sam and Sanford on 19 October 1860, in Alabama
Aiding a runaway slave - Starling Carlton in 1859 in South Carolina
Theft - Slave named Jake on December 3, 1855, in Alabama
Horse stealing - James Wilson and Fred Salkman on 28 November 1851, in California
Forgery - 6 March 1840, in South Carolina
Counterfeiting - Thomas Davis on 11 October 1822, in Alabama
Sodomy/buggery/bestiality - Joseph Ross December 20, 1785, in Westmoreland Co., Pennsylvania, for buggery
Concealing the birth/death of an infant - Hannah Piggen in 1785 in Middlesex, Massachusetts
Witchcraft - African American person named Manuel on June 15, 1779, in (present-day) Illinois

Hmmm....Where's all the people put to death in the US for religious intolerance?
PureFodder
+225|6256

Pug wrote:

B.Schuss wrote:

FallenMorgan wrote:

Yep, funny.

The most recent executions solely for crimes other than homicide were, respectively:

Rape - Ronald Wolfe on May 8, 1964, in Missouri.
Criminal assault - Rudolph Wright on January 11, 1962, in California
Kidnapping - Billy Monk on November 21, 1960, in California
Robbery/rape/kidnapping - Caryl Chessman on May 2, 1960, in California
Espionage - Ethel and Julius Rosenberg on June 19, 1953, in New York (Federal execution)
Desertion - Eddie Slovik on January 31, 1945, in Sainte-Marie-aux-Mines, France (Execution by firing squad)[16]
Burglary - Frank Bass on August 8, 1941, in Alabama
Train Robbery- Black Jack Ketchum April 26, 1901 in Clayton, New Mexico Territory
Arson - George Hughes, George Smith, Asbury Hughes on August 1, 1884, in Alabama
Piracy - Nathaniel Gordon on February 21, 1862, in New York (Federal execution)
Treason - John Conn in 1862 in Texas
Slave revolt - Slaves named Caesar, Sam and Sanford on 19 October 1860, in Alabama
Aiding a runaway slave - Starling Carlton in 1859 in South Carolina
Theft - Slave named Jake on December 3, 1855, in Alabama
Horse stealing - James Wilson and Fred Salkman on 28 November 1851, in California
Forgery - 6 March 1840, in South Carolina
Counterfeiting - Thomas Davis on 11 October 1822, in Alabama
Sodomy/buggery/bestiality - Joseph Ross December 20, 1785, in Westmoreland Co., Pennsylvania, for buggery
Concealing the birth/death of an infant - Hannah Piggen in 1785 in Middlesex, Massachusetts
Witchcraft - African American person named Manuel on June 15, 1779, in (present-day) Illinois

Hmmm....Where's all the people put to death in the US for religious intolerance?
FallenMorgan said a country should not kill it's own people. the response was at that comment and was therefore accurate, America does kill it's own people.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6499|Global Command
Welcome to the Dark Side Serge.

You now see Iran/Islam for what it is; a cancer on the World.
Pug

PureFodder wrote:

FallenMorgan said a country should not kill it's own people. the response was at that comment and was therefore accurate, America does kill it's own people.
True, but unless Morgan speaks up, it doesn't say he's for killing US citizens either.

Three points:
1) Iran is saying you are breaking the law if you don't have the same beliefs.  The definition of a capital crime in the US is quite different, therefore the comparison is irrelevant.
2) There's Muslim ideology for you.  Fuck tolerance.  BTW what does this mean if a muslim country has business dealings with "infidels"?  Do you put the muslim to death for cooperating?  OR...
3) Does the muslim community declare jihad against the world?
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6728|Argentina

ATG wrote:

I don't generalize though.  This is outrageous and I condemn it, but I still think a lot of Muslims are good people.  It's this kind of nutjobs that make us think Islam is all fucked up.
Pug

sergeriver wrote:

ATG wrote:

I don't generalize though.  This is outrageous and I condemn it, but I still think a lot of Muslims are good people.  It's this kind of nutjobs that make us think Islam is all fucked up.
exactly
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6614

sergeriver wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

What argument doesn't go my way here?  I said this kind of law is BS.  You are picking on me all the time, but that's your problem.
sounds like it bothers you more than anyone else.  all the while, providing hours of entertainment for those who read.   

Cesar Chavez did some outstanding things for migrant farm workers in California.

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2008-02-27 11:03:20)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6614
and I dont like you at all either.  now stay on topic.  cesar chavez has nothing to do with the your OP.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard