Ryan
+1,230|6861|Alberta, Canada

I'm contemplating about whether I should become an aircraft mechanic, you know, work on jets and such.
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6580|Southampton, UK

Ryan wrote:

I'm contemplating about whether I should become an aircraft mechanic, you know, work on jets and such.
Was my 1st Job Choice for a while, I know and have the Job Spec of it.

Off my head I know its:

Aircraft Tech
Army Air Corps

3 Years training
7 Years min service.

Working on Heli's and some small fixed wing aircraft.

Good ass pay when you come out.
Phase 1 at Winchester
Phase 2 at Arborfield.

I swapped with Special Observer because the Tech side doesn't appeal to me, and 7 years min service for something I'm only half-hearted to do... Not for me.

Last edited by naightknifar (2008-07-22 12:52:44)

Graphic-J
The Artist formerly known as GraphicArtist-J
+196|6144|So Cal

usmarine wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

this thread smells
like mexicans now
Have you smelled Caucassians. They smell worse.
https://i44.tinypic.com/28vg66s.jpg
icecold2510
+31|6312
To the Marines,

was it like this?

Last edited by icecold2510 (2008-07-22 13:29:04)

SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6505|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)

icecold2510 wrote:

To the Marines,

was it like this?

The head shaving was. But you have to remember that was a different era. Now it is a little less physical(hitting, punching) its more mental games.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6609|Reisterstown, MD

icecold2510 wrote:

To the Marines,

was it like this?

Yes.  Bzzz...bzzz...next. 
acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6711|NAS Jacksonville, Florida

killer21 wrote:

icecold2510 wrote:

To the Marines,

was it like this?

Yes.  Bzzz...bzzz...next. 
Same with the Navy.

But we got a little more hair.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6650|Finland

This thread brought back precious memories from my days of conscription. So I looked it up at lé pedia dé wiki.

wikipedia wrote:

The Finnish Marine Commandos (Kustjägarna in Swedish and Rannikkojääkärit in Finnish) are the elite arm of the Finnish marine infantry.
linky

Yeah, what a leet Marine Commando I was.

https://img160.imageshack.us/img160/8306/apilasgz5.jpg

..quite sad, tbh.

(I could at least have worn the beret in that picture. Or held the tube correctly. Or at least have taken the bloody cover off.)
I need around tree fiddy.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6492|6 6 4 oh, I forget

DonFck wrote:

This thread brought back precious memories from my days of conscription. So I looked it up at lé pedia dé wiki.

wikipedia wrote:

The Finnish Marine Commandos (Kustjägarna in Swedish and Rannikkojääkärit in Finnish) are the elite arm of the Finnish marine infantry.
linky

Yeah, what a leet Marine Commando I was.

http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/8306/apilasgz5.jpg

..quite sad, tbh.

(I could at least have worn the beret in that picture. Or held the tube correctly. Or at least have taken the bloody cover off.)
You was in Dragsvik?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6639|London, England

naightknifar wrote:

Ryan wrote:

Was my 1st Job Choice for a while, I know and have the Job Spec of it.

Off my head I know its:

Aircraft Tech
Army Air Corps

3 Years training
7 Years min service.

Working on Heli's and some small fixed wing aircraft.

Good ass pay when you come out.
Phase 1 at Winchester
Phase 2 at Arborfield.

I swapped with Special Observer because the Tech side doesn't appeal to me, and 7 years min service for something I'm only half-hearted to do... Not for me.
You can do all that with only your GCSE's? Surely not

Night I swear you're only 16 or someshit

lmfao @ Don, brilliant pic tbh

Last edited by Mek-Stizzle (2008-07-23 04:02:24)

DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6650|Finland

Ultrafunkula wrote:

You was in Dragsvik?
Yep, unfortunately. Compared with stories from other garrisons, Dragsvik was a complete shithole.

I/00, Pstk & SPOL, 270 days.

Memorable moments that make me not miss it:
- running phonewire in a fever between CP:s in mid winter.
- 5:30 morning jogs, a.k.a "The Captains Run". No Currahee (ref: B.O.B), as it was just a few miles. Every damn morning.
- Guerilla tents.

Memorable good stuff:
- The sweet sound of an M70 LAW and the kaboom of an Apilas hitting its mark.
- My 9mm FN
- My MP-armband
- Cigarette breaks

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Ultrafunkula

DonFck wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

You was in Dragsvik?
Yep, unfortunately. Compared with stories from other garrisons, Dragsvik was a complete shithole.

I/00, Pstk & SPOL, 270 days.

Memorable moments that make me not miss it:
- running phonewire in a fever between CP:s in mid winter.
- 5:30 morning jogs, a.k.a "The Captains Run". No Currahee (ref: B.O.B), as it was just a few miles. Every damn morning.
- Guerilla tents.

Memorable good stuff:
- The sweet sound of an M70 LAW and the kaboom of an Apilas hitting its mark.
- My 9mm FN
- My MP-armband
- Cigarette breaks

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

LoL

I/98 Artillery observer company & C-driver

Memorable stuff. At the 3 week tour of duty in lapland I once slept a whole day, woke up to eat and take a piss and slept again. Almost got into interrigation because a sparetire wasn't filled on the back of my comm car, said the silly second lieutenant. I almost laughed in his face when ding-dong (what we called him behind his back. stories told that the dummy had been around 30m straight behind an Apilas. since that he became a bit.. odd) came "yelling" at me. Our company Lt. Holmström aka Skeletor who surely was a sadist, but a fair sadist. When he was on one of his rage against the squad-moods, everybody got to run instead of individuals. Other highlights. Trouble deciding to what radio station to listen to while picking nose in the truck when the rest of the squad is doing whatever they were doing in the forest in the cold (webasto is a wonderful thing) Calling to Radiomafia and winning a Rob Zombie cd. Always high scores on the shooting range. Just over a 100 days of "vemppa" (no heavy and/or outdoor duties due to whatever boo-boo)
Ah, the army days... No military refresher course envelopes spotted yet although it's been almost 10 years since I got home. I guess I was so good that they thought I don't have to come back to refresh my talents

Last edited by Ultrafunkula (2008-07-23 05:19:07)

DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6650|Finland

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Just over a 100 days of "vemppa" (no outdoor duties due to whatever boo-boo)
Jesus tapdancing Christ! My corresponding number is like.. ..14? (I refused to report to the hospital for the aforementioned fever because I would have missed my weekend leave).

Ultrafunkula wrote:

No military refresher course envelopes spotted yet although it's been almost 10 years since I got home.
I did a 5-day assault-training in '04, but that's about it. Still waiting for that Lance Corporal grade.
Ultrafunkula

DonFck wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Just over a 100 days of "vemppa" (no outdoor duties due to whatever boo-boo)
Jesus tapdancing Christ! My corresponding number is like.. ..14? (I refused to report to the hospital for the aforementioned fever because I would have missed my weekend leave).
Hehe. I didn't take my 285 days so seriously

Ooo nononono. No VP for a friday. That would've cancelled the leave for christ sake!

DonFck wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

No military refresher course envelopes spotted yet although it's been almost 10 years since I got home.
I did a 5-day assault-training in '04, but that's about it. Still waiting for that Lance Corporal grade.
If I'm even going to get a letter I'm going to be polite and say no thanks. Don't wanna end up on the operating table for the third time

Wut? No drumrolls yet? Hell, I'll give you your MP-prize right nao!

https://www.farmway.co.uk/images/products/medium/1187959069-94078300.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard