Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6614|132 and Bush

Jepeto87 wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

B.Schuss wrote:

huh ? You mean the indochine wars, or the north africa stuff ?
dropping out of NATO

as well as the amount of french munitions that were captured during my stint in Iraq.
Chances are, if a person was killed by an IED, they were killed by french artillery.
Oh god this is too easy but:

Chances are if you were a Kurd gassed by Sadamn in the late 80's it was American gas.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2003/mar/06/uk.iraq

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_and_w … #First_use
Sources cited at the bottom... of course. It was a number of countries contributing.
After 6 months Paris agreed to sell 72 kg of 93% Uranium[7] and built the atomic power station without International Atomic Energy Agency control at a price of $3 billion.

In the early 1970s, Saddam Hussein ordered the creation of a clandestine nuclear weapons program.[8] Iraq's weapons of mass destruction programs were assisted by a wide variety of firms and governments in the 1970s and 1980s.[9][10][11][12][13] As part of Project 922, German firms such as Karl Kobe helped build Iraqi chemical weapons facilities such as laboratories, bunkers, an administrative building, and first production buildings in the early 1980s under the cover of a pesticide plant. Other German firms sent 1,027 tons of precursors of mustard gas, sarin, tabun, and tear gasses in all. This work allowed Iraq to produce 150 tons of mustard agent and 60 tons of Tabun in 1983 and 1984 respectively, continuing throughout the decade. Five other German firms supplied equipment to manufacture botulin toxin and mycotoxin for germ warfare. In 1988, German engineers presented centrifuge data that helped Iraq expand its nuclear weapons program. Laboratory equipment and other information was provided, involving many German engineers. All told, 52% of Iraq's international chemical weapon equipment was of German origin. The State Establishment for Pesticide Production (SEPP) ordered culture media and incubators from Germany's Water Engineering Trading.[14]

France built Iraq’s Osirak nuclear reactor in the late 1970s. Israel claimed that Iraq was getting close to building nuclear weapons, and so bombed it in 1981. Later, a French company built a turnkey factory which helped make nuclear fuel. France also provided glass-lined reactors, tanks, vessels, and columns used for the production of chemical weapons. Around 21% of Iraq’s international chemical weapon equipment was French. Strains of dual-use biological material also helped advance Iraq’s biological warfare program.

Italy gave Iraq plutonium extraction facilities that advanced Iraq’s nuclear weapon program. 75,000 shells and rockets designed for chemical weapon use also came from Italy. Between 1979 and 1982 Italy gave depleted, natural, and low-enriched uranium. Swiss companies aided in Iraq’s nuclear weapons development in the form of specialized presses, milling machines, grinding machines, electrical discharge machines, and equipment for processing uranium to nuclear weapon grade. Brazil secretly aided the Iraqi nuclear weapon program by supplying natural uranium dioxide between 1981 and 1982 without notifying the IAEA. About 100 tons of mustard gas also came from Brazil.

The United States exported $500 million of dual use exports to Iraq that were approved by the Commerce department. Among them were advanced computers, some of which were used in Iraq’s nuclear program. The non-profit American Type Culture Collection and the Centers for Disease Control sold or sent biological samples to Iraq under Saddam Hussein up until 1989, which Iraq claimed it needed for medical research. These materials included anthrax, West Nile virus and botulism, as well as Brucella melitensis, which damages major organs, and clostridium perfringens, which causes gas gangrene. Some of these materials were used for Iraq's biological weapons research program, while others were used for vaccine development.[15]

The United Kingdom paid for a chlorine factory that was intended to be used for manufacturing mustard gas.[16] The government secretly gave the arms company Matrix Churchill permission to supply parts for the Iraqi supergun, precipitating the Arms-to-Iraq affair when it became known.

Many other countries contributed as well; since Iraq's nuclear program in the early 1980s was officially viewed internationally as for power production, not weapons, there were no UN prohibitions against it. An Austrian company gave Iraq calutrons for enriching uranium. The nation also provided heat exchangers, tanks, condensers, and columns for the Iraqi chemical weapons infrastructure, 16% of the international sales. Singapore gave 4,515 tons of precursors for VX, sarin, tabun, and mustard gasses to Iraq. The Dutch gave 4,261 tons of precursors for sarin, tabun, mustard, and tear gasses to Iraq. Egypt gave 2,400 tons of tabun and sarin precursors to Iraq and 28,500 tons of weapons designed for carrying chemical munitions. India gave 2,343 tons of precursors to VX, tabun, Sarin, and mustard gasses. Luxembourg gave Iraq 650 tons of mustard gas precursors. Spain gave Iraq 57,500 munitions designed for carrying chemical weapons. In addition, they provided reactors, condensers, columns and tanks for Iraq’s chemical warfare program, 4.4% of the international sales. China provided 45,000 munitions designed for chemical warfare. Portugal provided yellowcake between 1980 and 1982. Niger provided yellowcake in 1981.[17]
Too easy.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Jepeto87
+38|6699|Dublin

Kmarion wrote:

Jepeto87 wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

dropping out of NATO

as well as the amount of french munitions that were captured during my stint in Iraq.
Chances are, if a person was killed by an IED, they were killed by french artillery.
Oh god this is too easy but:

Chances are if you were a Kurd gassed by Sadamn in the late 80's it was American gas.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2003/mar/06/uk.iraq

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_and_w … #First_use
Sources cited at the bottom... of course. It was a number of countries contributing.
After 6 months Paris agreed to sell 72 kg of 93% Uranium[7] and built the atomic power station without International Atomic Energy Agency control at a price of $3 billion.

In the early 1970s, Saddam Hussein ordered the creation of a clandestine nuclear weapons program.[8] Iraq's weapons of mass destruction programs were assisted by a wide variety of firms and governments in the 1970s and 1980s.[9][10][11][12][13] As part of Project 922, German firms such as Karl Kobe helped build Iraqi chemical weapons facilities such as laboratories, bunkers, an administrative building, and first production buildings in the early 1980s under the cover of a pesticide plant. Other German firms sent 1,027 tons of precursors of mustard gas, sarin, tabun, and tear gasses in all. This work allowed Iraq to produce 150 tons of mustard agent and 60 tons of Tabun in 1983 and 1984 respectively, continuing throughout the decade. Five other German firms supplied equipment to manufacture botulin toxin and mycotoxin for germ warfare. In 1988, German engineers presented centrifuge data that helped Iraq expand its nuclear weapons program. Laboratory equipment and other information was provided, involving many German engineers. All told, 52% of Iraq's international chemical weapon equipment was of German origin. The State Establishment for Pesticide Production (SEPP) ordered culture media and incubators from Germany's Water Engineering Trading.[14]

France built Iraq’s Osirak nuclear reactor in the late 1970s. Israel claimed that Iraq was getting close to building nuclear weapons, and so bombed it in 1981. Later, a French company built a turnkey factory which helped make nuclear fuel. France also provided glass-lined reactors, tanks, vessels, and columns used for the production of chemical weapons. Around 21% of Iraq’s international chemical weapon equipment was French. Strains of dual-use biological material also helped advance Iraq’s biological warfare program.

Italy gave Iraq plutonium extraction facilities that advanced Iraq’s nuclear weapon program. 75,000 shells and rockets designed for chemical weapon use also came from Italy. Between 1979 and 1982 Italy gave depleted, natural, and low-enriched uranium. Swiss companies aided in Iraq’s nuclear weapons development in the form of specialized presses, milling machines, grinding machines, electrical discharge machines, and equipment for processing uranium to nuclear weapon grade. Brazil secretly aided the Iraqi nuclear weapon program by supplying natural uranium dioxide between 1981 and 1982 without notifying the IAEA. About 100 tons of mustard gas also came from Brazil.

The United States exported $500 million of dual use exports to Iraq that were approved by the Commerce department. Among them were advanced computers, some of which were used in Iraq’s nuclear program. The non-profit American Type Culture Collection and the Centers for Disease Control sold or sent biological samples to Iraq under Saddam Hussein up until 1989, which Iraq claimed it needed for medical research. These materials included anthrax, West Nile virus and botulism, as well as Brucella melitensis, which damages major organs, and clostridium perfringens, which causes gas gangrene. Some of these materials were used for Iraq's biological weapons research program, while others were used for vaccine development.[15]

The United Kingdom paid for a chlorine factory that was intended to be used for manufacturing mustard gas.[16] The government secretly gave the arms company Matrix Churchill permission to supply parts for the Iraqi supergun, precipitating the Arms-to-Iraq affair when it became known.

Many other countries contributed as well; since Iraq's nuclear program in the early 1980s was officially viewed internationally as for power production, not weapons, there were no UN prohibitions against it. An Austrian company gave Iraq calutrons for enriching uranium. The nation also provided heat exchangers, tanks, condensers, and columns for the Iraqi chemical weapons infrastructure, 16% of the international sales. Singapore gave 4,515 tons of precursors for VX, sarin, tabun, and mustard gasses to Iraq. The Dutch gave 4,261 tons of precursors for sarin, tabun, mustard, and tear gasses to Iraq. Egypt gave 2,400 tons of tabun and sarin precursors to Iraq and 28,500 tons of weapons designed for carrying chemical munitions. India gave 2,343 tons of precursors to VX, tabun, Sarin, and mustard gasses. Luxembourg gave Iraq 650 tons of mustard gas precursors. Spain gave Iraq 57,500 munitions designed for carrying chemical weapons. In addition, they provided reactors, condensers, columns and tanks for Iraq’s chemical warfare program, 4.4% of the international sales. China provided 45,000 munitions designed for chemical warfare. Portugal provided yellowcake between 1980 and 1982. Niger provided yellowcake in 1981.[17]
Too easy.
Ok I seemed to have annoyed a lot of Americans here and ill just try to quickly clarify. Someone mentioned French artillery shells being used in IEDS and I just taught that was a bit ridicules considering as the above post clearly shows Iraq was armed by a great variety of nations to single out France. What are eastern bloc rifles and rpgs? I always liked the last scene in "Lord of War" with Cage says that the five largest weapons exporters in the world are the five permanent members of the UN security council. Ill admit it was a cheap shot I was just annoyed at what I percieved to be more Euro/Frence bashing. I take it back.

In an attempt to get the thread back on topic, Its nice to see more international support for the Afghan people.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6614|132 and Bush

Jepeto87 wrote:

Ok I seemed to have annoyed a lot of Americans here and ill just try to quickly clarify. Someone mentioned French artillery shells being used in IEDS and I just taught that was a bit ridicules considering as the above post clearly shows Iraq was armed by a great variety of nations to single out France. What are eastern bloc rifles and rpgs? I always liked the last scene in "Lord of War" with Cage says that the five largest weapons exporters in the world are the five permanent members of the UN security council. Ill admit it was a cheap shot I was just annoyed at what I percieved to be more Euro/Frence bashing. I take it back.

In an attempt to get the thread back on topic, Its nice to see more international support for the Afghan people.
I'm not annoyed. I was just correcting a common misconception. It was nearly the entire modern world that contributed to Iraq's chemical weapons program. It was the French that brought Nuclear weapons into the region (They laid the foundation for the Israelis). If you look at some of my first post you will see I was giving the French praise.

Kmarion wrote:

..unappreciative..

Spoiler: Graves gets owned in the third round by the French. .. Cornwallis throws in the towel. .. The real Rochambeau.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Dr.PhiL
Danmark
+30|6683|Up North

ELITE-UK wrote:

Get them sent to Helmand province where the real fighting is!
Hell yeah, it's about time the Danes n brits, get reliefed.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6775

Dr.PhiL wrote:

ELITE-UK wrote:

Get them sent to Helmand province where the real fighting is!
Hell yeah, it's about time the Danes n brits, get reliefed.
agree

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard