BigOrangeArmy
Don't tase me, bro!
+12|5985|Dallas
So I went to Fry's and got a new gig of ram for my comp. I try to put it in, but (being a noob ) I realize too late that it wont fit. So I put the rig back together and fire it up...

It says, "reboot or insert proper boot device" or whatever? What? It happened once before, but that was because it was getting too dusty inside ...do I need to install the OS (XP 64 bit) again?
signa
~~~~~
+50|6717|Michigan, USA
I would just quickly try resetting your bios to default.  sounds like the boot order got messed up.
next time try turning off your computer before installing memory.
geNius
..!.,
+144|6431|SoCal

signa wrote:

I would just quickly try resetting your bios to default.
https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png
Brasso
+1,549|6619

signa wrote:

I would just quickly try resetting your bios to default.  sounds like the boot order got messed up.
Yeah, to do this, clear CMOS, either by switching the jumper or removing the battery (looks like a watch battery).
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6341|uk

haffeysucks wrote:

signa wrote:

Yeah, to do this, clear CMOS, either by switching the jumper or removing the battery (looks like a watch battery).
How bigs your bloody watch?
Brasso
+1,549|6619

Titch2349 wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

signa wrote:

How bigs your bloody watch?
Well, old school watches
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6482|N. Ireland
Need to set your hard drive with your OS on it as your primary / first drive in the BIOS!
theknuck
It's pronounced Knuck, like in Knuckle!!
+45|6601|balls
how long's it been since your last reformat anyway?  when something like that happens for me, and if it's been over a year since my reformat, i'll just do that.  get all those worthless games and proggies i don't use anymore out of there.  just an idea.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard