JR=BoF=
+0|6682|Netherlands
After sveral hours of practice i now know how to fly like a eagle, but i suck in hitting anything with bombs....
When do i have to drop the bombs for hitting anything...

And another thing, sometimes i see a plaine make a turn, as if they use the handbreak, whats up with that, how do i do that, plz help me.....

And finaly what is the best way to fly a chopper, joystick or mouse/keyboard ???? and why ???
Echo
WOoKie
+383|6711|The Netherlands
You ve double posted in 2 sections, topic closed please?
JR=BoF=
+0|6682|Netherlands
I know, but thnx for the response here.....
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6780|Singapore

hmm.

1. use the pipper
2. practice in single
3. Line up your targets correct.

I suck so bad hitting stuff in a fighter the only way to get a definite kill is using the MGs or a full 90 degrees dive.

Hit your after burners in the turn.

Mouse chopper is the best.
sgt_maxpower
+0|6681
yoyoyo
Ryan
+1,230|6834|Alberta, Canada

oh look! its Sgt_Maxpower! yay we love you! not....
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6728

sgt_maxpower wrote:

yoyoyo
ya thats not necessary theres no post count fool. anyway.
I kept releasing them to early so i created a server on another pc with the battle recorder on and recorded my self to see how long i needed to wait before releasin and hittin my target. it all really has to do with how high u are from ur target.

what i figured out is that the little line indicator helps alot, i blank out my cockpit by changing the view(F10 is default i think) and then when my target is around the middle of the line i drop the bombs and it usually hits my target. but like it said it all has to do with how high u are. I ususally fly pretty low like between 10 and 20 klm. I also find it best to slow down when dropping them.
sragoot
+3|6726
For me it was practice practice practice in the single player mode then a little trial by fire in some servers but after a while i started owning the skies with a little help from a wingman. But the droping bombs part is all instinct it defers alot either at what speed your going or your angle of attack, i found the best way is to go high then come down at your target at angel the drop them. But the sighting also defers on which bomber you hope on so, just for example on f-15 like i said before go high the come down on your target on some what of angel then release the bomb when the square is right in the middle you the vertical post, gaunted hit or your money back. But watch out for noobs around that target 100% of the time they will punish you . Now go practice and ill see in the skies

Last edited by sragoot (2006-01-04 18:04:46)

<-URS->Firefly
+0|6703|Pomfrett, MD
i find it best used on full throtle, bout 10* over the target, about a second from being directly over it, drop, break and run. but yeah always get your minmap atleast twice on the run in.

this si the strat i use to nail FAVs and that capping the hanger in dalian , right through the hanger door on full burn
BaGGy
+0|6683
The chopper can be very well flown with either joystick or keyboard/mouse.. it was proved by an excellent flyer in the topic I started.. http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pid=109803#p109803 (Post #11)

Check it out..

I am also learning how to fly, and I find it boring to fly alone so maybe we can both join a server and learn from eachothers mistakes..
Col-Khadafi
+0|6788|Your Mom's House
At full speed in fighters, bombing is pretty easy and, IMO, easier to hit stuff with then in the bombers (assuming you were only to drop two bombs in the  bomber). If you're flying (full speed) horizontally, drop them right as the target passes underneath your FOV. The higher you are, the farther back you have to drop. For angled bomb runs, keep the target in your crosshair and drop once you can see their name clearly(works for me, my viewscale is a little off). Stuka stlye dive bombing is fun but inaffective.
Feydd
+0|6779
Remember gravity plays a huge factor in where your bombs land.  In order to get them to hit their mark you must eliminate as much variance from gravity as possible.  The way you do this is to come in from ATLEAST a 45 degree angle.  The steeper your angle of approach the better.

Obviously coming in at that angle is easy.  it's pulling up in time to be acurate but still keep from crashing that most people have problems with.   This is when you need to use predictability to your advantage.  Pick a spot that your target is moving towards.  Just time them to land in that spot the same time your target gets there.  Remember the faster you are going, the faster your bombs will fall.  But more so than anything it really takes practice and an ingrained sense of what the bombs will do when you release them that gets you kills.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard