Poll

Is Germany being too politically correct?

Yes62%62% - 54
No11%11% - 10
I have no idea what you're talking about.25%25% - 22
Total: 86
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6546|CH/BR - in UK

It has been, what, 60 years since the Nazis? Germans still can't speak their mind on medicinal progress, because of the experiments the Nazis did. Every tiny incident involving some teenage punk who thinks it's funny to discriminate against foreign people is blown up into a "Nazi Germany is Back!" story. Jokes are made until today where you call Germans Nazis.

Do they have to be so extremely diplomatic, so that no one will come down on them about how they should be aware of their past? Can't we cut the political correctness for once?

-konfusion
CameronPoe
+2,925|6551
Germany needs to grow back a pair of testicles imo.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6564|NYC / Hamburg

CameronPoe wrote:

agree

Although if you look at recent political trends in Germany, they do seem to be picking up on the nazi mindset again
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6617|London, England

max wrote:

Although if you look at recent political trends in Germany, they do seem to be picking up on the nazi mindset again
How so?

They just hosted the World Cup really well, everything seems to be going smooth in the ol' Rhinelands
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6578|SE London

Mek-Izzle wrote:

max wrote:

How so?

They just hosted the World Cup really well, everything seems to be going smooth in the ol' Rhinelands
Aren't there some animosity issues with the large Turkish population there?
max
Vela Incident

Mek-Izzle wrote:

max wrote:

How so?

hate against minorities (Jews, Blacks, Turks, ...) is way too high, especially in the east
government encouraging envy of rich people, blaming them for all sorts of problems (just like the nazis did with the jews)
calling people traitors that move away
police using illegal methods to get proof for crimes
encouraging people to spy on their neighbors/parents
increasing disregard for democratic principles and effort to curb freedoms
attempt to separate kids from their parents as much as possible including indoctrination at the day-care centers/schools
ect

Last edited by max (2008-02-24 06:58:58)

once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6546|CH/BR - in UK

Bertster7 wrote:

Aren't there some animosity issues with the large Turkish population there?
Houses have been burned down, foreign people have been killed. But then, the UK has chavs to replace that.
What's the difference? They're all just skin-head teenage punks...

-konfusion
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6555|Hungary
I think Germany is too silent and fear from every single political event. Even they mostly dont like to show that they are german and you may ask why ? If you are proud that you are german in Germany they offten say that you are a nazi or something.
After WW2 Germany was punished and cut into two pieces so the "you are war criminals and shame on you nazis" were forced into peoples mind.
This is the effect that makes Germany too correct, as they can not say or do things against some other nations. That would make them again "omg the germans are fascists etc" and we know that there is a nation who likes to use that joker card preatty offten. They attack others with that and recive money as they were harmed. You know who im talking about. No i dont have anything against them i just dont like the way they act.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6401|North Carolina
The problem with Germany is that they are politically correct on the surface, but things like immigration policy are still very racist.  If they stopped being so politically correct and actually changed their citizenship policies to no longer be racist, then they'd be moving in the right direction.

As it currently stands, the PC is just for show.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6573|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!

CameronPoe wrote:

Agree.

They need to be the firm society it once was...minus the nazi soup.
HellHead
The fantastic Mr. Antichrist
+336|6705|Germany

max wrote:

Mek-Izzle wrote:

max wrote:

How so?

hate against minorities (Jews, Blacks, Turks, ...) is way too high, especially in the east
government encouraging envy of rich people, blaming them for all sorts of problems (just like the nazis did with the jews)
attempt to separate kids from their parents as much as possible including indoctrination at the day-care centers/schools
ect
Uh, step on the break there Max.

"police using illegal methods to get proof for crimes
encouraging people to spy on their neighbors/parents"
"attempt to separate kids from their parents as much as possible including indoctrination at the day-care centers/schools"

Where did you get those horror stories from ?

Anyway, I hate the fact too, that germany is still unable to make a step forward out of that past, but on the other hand 60 years is not a lot compared to the shit that happened back in the days.
The other problem is, that other people still want to make us feel guilty about it.
Best example : Few years ago a german politican held a speech in front of the israel congress and he was holding it in german.
A female congress member said she could not attend to that speech because the speaker used the same language, that the guys used who where torturing and killing her grandfather back in the days. Yeah...
Additionally to that the israelien community and their official speaker jump on every little antisemitial incident and blow
more air into the huge "guilt ballon".

Yes, we still have a lot of fucked up Nazi-supporters in germany and yes, especially in east germany the "scene" is pretty active, but it is still totally blown out of proportion for the most part.
When we can get rid of those nutcases and stabilize the way we deal with foreigners in general, we may have a chance to get out of the past.

Last edited by HellHead (2008-02-24 07:18:51)

maef
+67|6679|Tulln, Austria

max wrote:

ect
1984?
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6649|pimelteror.de
It took one post after the topicstarter, to get "nazi"-arguments into the discussion... it might be annoying, to be confronted with it, over and over again - but the people i know and me are gratefull, that many germans try to be pc and keep the past in their minds. thats nothing bad. we are not too pc - it´s others who lack of political correctness. if politics would be about testicles, we would have many more iraqs! keeping the past in mind means - to avoid the repeating of history.
max
Vela Incident

of course I'm emphasizing the negative points. But look at the current "Lichtensteinaffäre". The german "CIA" (BND) bought stolen financial data about german citizens who have trusts in Lichtenstein and are using this data to (try) and convict those people of evasion of tax (which is actually rather questionable if this should be considered as such). They blame these "criminals" for the state germany is in and at the same time say that anyone who moves away to other countries so that they don't have to pay taxes in germany is a quasi-traitor to the german people.

Or think of Merkel's "Kultur des Hinschauens" speech. She openly encouraged everyone to talk to report anything if they think something is not normal. Although she didn't say so explicitly, it did sound a lot like she was encouraging people to spy on each other.

There is the political will to force parents to send their kids to day-care centers. And certain values are taught to the kids there, that at least I, disagree with.

let me emphasize again that Germany is not run by fascists, but the trend is definitely there. I have a very bad feeling about the direction germany is heading to right now

anyhow, this isn't the point of this thread

/un-derailed

Last edited by max (2008-02-24 07:54:23)

Jepeto87
+38|6681|Dublin
Ive heard bad things about east Germany, though the west is supposed to much more progressive and friendly.
HellHead
The fantastic Mr. Antichrist
+336|6705|Germany
Sorry Max, you got something totally wrong there.
"Kultur des Hinschauens" was a try to encourage the public to take a closer a their neighbours to prevent cases of extrem
child abuse or abandonship.
Because the sad truth is we are having more a more cases of that shit each year.
And acutally the german child care system is much to easy on some cases, it needs to be much stricter.
The day care center enforcement is there for the same reason.

For the Lichtenstein Guys : Well, they are criminals frauding the german state and the  police tries to take them out.
I don´t see anything wrong with that.

Edit : I don´t really think we are on the way back to facism. Too many people still beat the verbal crap out of us for things happened.

Last edited by HellHead (2008-02-24 08:05:13)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6464
They are slowly becoming fascist again.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6443|Chicago, IL
Most of the world is waaay too concerned with PC.  (that means you jesse jackson!)

As for Germany; Grow a pair.

France elected Sarkozy to help them grow a pair, Germany has to keep up.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6686|Tampa Bay Florida
You know, I saw the German film Downfall, and it was nice to see that Germans are at least opening up to their past.

But then I read about how inaccurate it was, and while Hitler was still a person, it portrayed him as a better person then he really was.  Kinda.. idk, disappointing.

Last edited by Spearhead (2008-02-24 08:38:42)

[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6649|pimelteror.de

Spearhead wrote:

Germans are at least opening up to their past.
We already did! What do you think is a major part in our history lessons? What Topics are discussed for decades? Germany is one of the few countries, which are facing towards the lessons of history!
Think about what your countries did in the past and how they teach you to blame it on the others!
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6467

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

It took one post after the topicstarter, to get "nazi"-arguments into the discussion... it might be annoying, to be confronted with it, over and over again - but the people i know and me are gratefull, that many germans try to be pc and keep the past in their minds. thats nothing bad. we are not too pc - it´s others who lack of political correctness. if politics would be about testicles, we would have many more iraqs! keeping the past in mind means - to avoid the repeating of history.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6686|Tampa Bay Florida

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

Germans are at least opening up to their past.
We already did! What do you think is a major part in our history lessons? What Topics are discussed for decades? Germany is one of the few countries, which are facing towards the lessons of history!
Think about what your countries did in the past and how they teach you to blame it on the others!
Well, ya, I know, but making a detailed movie about Hitlers final days takes guts to do. 

Us Americans never admit we committed genocide on the Native Americans -- at least  afew of us.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6805|Marathon, Florida Keys

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

Who started both world wars?
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Turquoise
O Canada

S.Lythberg wrote:

Most of the world is waaay too concerned with PC.  (that means you jesse jackson!)

As for Germany; Grow a pair.

France elected Sarkozy to help them grow a pair, Germany has to keep up.
Merkel seems to be a decent leader.  She's not as radical as Sarkozy, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.
Turquoise
O Canada

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

Who started both world wars?
Germany didn't start WW1.  Technically, Austria did.

If we want to get really technical, the Serbs did.

Last edited by Turquoise (2008-02-24 09:07:50)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard