Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|5493|Mountains of NC

I had a site " designer" working for me but things fell through, so now I have Zimmer and his team to the rescue

but this " designer " had put together this and then billed me

be honest, what do you think

https://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w253/SEREMAKER/store.jpg
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|5405|Sheffield-England
I don like it
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,198|5447
it would look a lot better if the text looked more like it was really burned into the wood. looks too fake
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic
+178|5368|Stealth City, UK
How much for that?
jsnipy
...
+3,275|5448|...

It should be something that has a shape and can be recognizable in something other than a full color photo.
Just in terms of an image in general, its hard to read.

I hope you paid him in pisga ale

Last edited by jsnipy (2008-02-23 14:09:20)

SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|5493|Mountains of NC

buLLet_t00th wrote:

How much for that?
he attached a bill for $500 for labor, time and effort

he now has an investigation penning
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|5657|St. Andrews / Oslo

honestly?

It's horrible.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|5396
It looks pretty good, I certainly wouldn't glance at it twice and think "What the hell?" if it was the theme/logo for your store or enterprise.

Having said that, if you really wanted to nitpick... the text could be a little better. Also, as Jsnipy said- if you want to build a brand then focus on making it more recognizable. Just a 'J' won't do much for brand recognition... mind you, if it's a small-time enterprise then what does it matter?

Best of luck!

Edit: WHOAH! $500.00 for that logo? It's a satisfactory logo and all but I'm sure any Photoshop / design student could cook something up that equaled or surpassed it in quality in less than a day. 500 dollars worth of labour implies that he worked on this for at least a week... which I would find hard to believe. A rightful investigation imho!

Last edited by Uzique (2008-02-23 14:12:31)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|5657|St. Andrews / Oslo

SEREMAKER wrote:

buLLet_t00th wrote:

How much for that?
he attached a bill for $500 for labor, time and effort

he now has an investigation penning
WHAT???
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|5681|Scotland

Uzique wrote:

It looks pretty good, I certainly wouldn't glance at it twice and think "What the hell?" if it was the theme/logo for your store or enterprise.

Having said that, if you really wanted to nitpick... the text could be a little better. Also, as Jsnipy said- if you want to build a brand then focus on making it more recognizable. Just a 'J' won't do much for brand recognition... mind you, if it's a small-time enterprise then what does it matter?

Best of luck!

Edit: WHOAH! $500.00 for that logo? It's a satisfactory logo and all but I'm sure any Photoshop / design student could cook something up that equaled or surpassed it in quality in less than a day. 500 dollars worth of labour implies that he worked on this for at least a week... which I would find hard to believe. A rightful investigation imho!
It's not a logo. It's a stupid little effect on Photoshop.

Logos are done in Illustrator and are meant to mean something at the same time as being recognisable by any idiot he sees it.

A 3 months PS noob could put together a better logo than that. It's ugly, it's pointless and it's ugly.
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|5663|The Hague, Netherlands

lol a photoshop beginner could do that, certainly not worth 500 dollars.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|5768|Reykjavík, Iceland.
It's absolutely horrible.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|5493|Mountains of NC

I wish I had known you guys in beginning of my web site days but I guess better late then never
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|5657|St. Andrews / Oslo

Zimmer wrote:

Uzique wrote:

It looks pretty good, I certainly wouldn't glance at it twice and think "What the hell?" if it was the theme/logo for your store or enterprise.

Having said that, if you really wanted to nitpick... the text could be a little better. Also, as Jsnipy said- if you want to build a brand then focus on making it more recognizable. Just a 'J' won't do much for brand recognition... mind you, if it's a small-time enterprise then what does it matter?

Best of luck!

Edit: WHOAH! $500.00 for that logo? It's a satisfactory logo and all but I'm sure any Photoshop / design student could cook something up that equaled or surpassed it in quality in less than a day. 500 dollars worth of labour implies that he worked on this for at least a week... which I would find hard to believe. A rightful investigation imho!
It's not a logo. It's a stupid little effect on Photoshop.

Logos are done in Illustrator and are meant to mean something at the same time as being recognisable by any idiot he sees it.

A 3 months PS noob could put together a better logo than that. It's ugly, it's pointless and it's ugly.
you don't need illustrator to make a logo. Sure, it's the better program for logo-creation, but one could make a damn good logo in PS as well.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|5379|The Twilight Zone

Jenspm wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Uzique wrote:

It looks pretty good, I certainly wouldn't glance at it twice and think "What the hell?" if it was the theme/logo for your store or enterprise.

Having said that, if you really wanted to nitpick... the text could be a little better. Also, as Jsnipy said- if you want to build a brand then focus on making it more recognizable. Just a 'J' won't do much for brand recognition... mind you, if it's a small-time enterprise then what does it matter?

Best of luck!

Edit: WHOAH! $500.00 for that logo? It's a satisfactory logo and all but I'm sure any Photoshop / design student could cook something up that equaled or surpassed it in quality in less than a day. 500 dollars worth of labour implies that he worked on this for at least a week... which I would find hard to believe. A rightful investigation imho!
It's not a logo. It's a stupid little effect on Photoshop.

Logos are done in Illustrator and are meant to mean something at the same time as being recognisable by any idiot he sees it.

A 3 months PS noob could put together a better logo than that. It's ugly, it's pointless and it's ugly.
you don't need illustrator to make a logo. Sure, it's the better program for logo-creation, but one could make a damn good logo in PS as well.
Jens just volunteered!
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|5681|Scotland

If you call yourself a pro and are creating a logo for a company in PS, then you are a hypocrite.

You can make a good one, but you can never match the skill you require and the power of Illsutrator with PS. It's not comparable for such works. Ask Berna.
jsnipy
...
+3,275|5448|...

Zimmer wrote:

If you call yourself a pro and are creating a logo for a company in PS, then you are a hypocrite.

You can make a good one, but you can never match the skill you require and the power of Illsutrator with PS. It's not comparable for such works. Ask Berna.
You still do decent vector work in PS

@SERE  .. what deliverable (files, slicks) did actually give to you?

Last edited by jsnipy (2008-02-23 14:51:08)

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|5681|Scotland

jsnipy wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

If you call yourself a pro and are creating a logo for a company in PS, then you are a hypocrite.

You can make a good one, but you can never match the skill you require and the power of Illsutrator with PS. It's not comparable for such works. Ask Berna.
You still do decent vector work in PS
Indeed, but you will lack tiny details. Because in Ai you can zoom in infinitely. In PS, it's all pixelated.
seb--morin
Im high
+152|5565|Montréal, Québec
Saddly you got owned...
jsnipy
...
+3,275|5448|...

Zimmer wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

If you call yourself a pro and are creating a logo for a company in PS, then you are a hypocrite.

You can make a good one, but you can never match the skill you require and the power of Illsutrator with PS. It's not comparable for such works. Ask Berna.
You still do decent vector work in PS
Indeed, but you will lack tiny details. Because in Ai you can zoom in infinitely. In PS, it's all pixelated.
Actually with vectors it all coordinates and you make non rasterized image in PS (i.e. using shapes, pens) so you don't end up with pixelation. I will grant you that illustrator give more tools for this. But to say someone is an amateur for using photoshop to make a logo isn't true.

Last edited by jsnipy (2008-02-23 14:54:40)

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|5681|Scotland

jsnipy wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

jsnipy wrote:


You still do decent vector work in PS
Indeed, but you will lack tiny details. Because in Ai you can zoom in infinitely. In PS, it's all pixelated.
Actually with vectors it all coordinates and you make non rasterized image in PS (i.e. using shapes, pens) so you don't end up with pixelation.
Meh, I guess, I still thinks it's easier with Ai. Well... not exactly easier, but more options and once you know it like the back of your hand, then it becomes a great asset.

Anyway, I do little of the design work. I only input the ideas and comment. My work is with the code.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|5657|St. Andrews / Oslo

Zimmer wrote:

If you call yourself a pro and are creating a logo for a company in PS, then you are a hypocrite.

You can make a good one, but you can never match the skill you require and the power of Illsutrator with PS. It's not comparable for such works. Ask Berna.
I agree, but a logo is a logo no matter what program it's made in.


Meh, tbh I'm just bored and looking for something to argue about fucking deserted mountains.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
jsnipy
...
+3,275|5448|...

Jenspm wrote:

Meh, tbh I'm just bored and looking for something to argue about fucking deserted mountains.
Same. Too much coffee
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|5681|Scotland

You guys always have me.....
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|5493|Mountains of NC

seb--morin wrote:

Saddly you got owned...
can't get owned if I didn't pay
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2021 Jeff Minard