ilyandor
+31|6687|Phoenix, AZ
I was thoroughly surprised today.
First of all, this is my first post EVER in my life, to any FORUM. Second of all, I really like this site, these guides, because its really PRO. Clean, informative and visually outstanding. The score database is the best thing ever.
Now. The shocking thing is = i was playing on Mashtur and saw this. The MEC team was 90% medics. They all ran around with their shock paddles out. Bunnyhopping and stuff like that. So I thought = NOOBS.
BUT!!! They conquered bases like flies, and as soon as the game began, the USMC didnt have no spawn points left! Secondly, as soon as one of their guys dropped, they dolphin dove over, revived them and carried on. So they never really disappeared.
But here is the "shocker". pun intended. As i came to realize, shock paddles work from a distance. Not when it comes to reviving, oh no...BUT AS A WEAPON. THEY even WORK through cars. I was gunning on a hummer, thought i gun all these medic suiciders down, when one of em comes up to my ride, and zzzzap!, shocked me, so i died instantly. THIS IS A BUG/OVERSIGHT, clearly. I was killed like 4 times from a good 6-8 feet (2m) away with shock paddles.

AS a TEAM tactic, it clearly works. EVERYONE is medic, they all are in squads, swarm flags, shock enemies and revive eachother.

AND REMEMBER = electricity travels through air, if you are in EAland...

BF2 name: RuSsIaN22iLyA
Pineapple_Pez
+2|6743
I hate bastards that exploit the game like that.  Thats not how its supposed to be played.
Paladus902
The Last Man Standing
+1|6785
It works for reviving as well, so if your buddy is in the middle of an alley then just revive him from the side, as you dont need to be even close in some situations.
ilyandor
+31|6687|Phoenix, AZ
soooooo.......if i'm reviving, at what part of the 'critically wounded' person's body do i need 2 AIM the 'cross', in order to revive him from a good distance??? in the past, i thought it only worked if i am crouching or lying next to him and aiming at his chest...
Drunkaholic
+4|6723
Hehe, this is my primary CQB anti-bunnyhopper/prone spammer

Last edited by Drunkaholic (2006-01-04 01:31:26)

Rofl_My_Waffle
+11|6690
always aim for the chest, you can revive 2 steps away and standing up.
and a good way to prevent someone from reviving is C4 and artillery which makes the body disappear

Last edited by Rofl_My_Waffle (2006-01-04 21:27:51)

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6707|th3 unkn0wn

Rofl_My_Waffle wrote:

always aim for the chest, you can revive 2 steps away and standing up.
and a good way to prevent someone from reviving is C4 and artillery which makes the body disappear
Like I'm gonna call on an arty strike to make sure a bloke's body doesn't get revived, LMAO
Tagmaestro
+6|6704|New Jersey

ilyandor wrote:

[...]

AND REMEMBER = electricity travels through air, if you are in EAland...[...]
What about lightning?
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6707|th3 unkn0wn

ilyandor wrote:

But here is the "shocker". pun intended. As i came to realize, shock paddles work from a distance. Not when it comes to reviving, oh no...BUT AS A WEAPON. THEY even WORK through cars. I was gunning on a hummer, thought i gun all these medic suiciders down, when one of em comes up to my ride, and zzzzap!, shocked me, so i died instantly. THIS IS A BUG/OVERSIGHT, clearly. I was killed like 4 times from a good 6-8 feet (2m) away with shock paddles.

AS a TEAM tactic, it clearly works. EVERYONE is medic, they all are in squads, swarm flags, shock enemies and revive eachother.

Ain't no bug/oversight m8, metal (like that of the car) conducts electricity and have you ever heard of lightning that's invisible? I'm not saying that defribs generate lightning. It's more about the principles of how electricity travels.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6704|Antarctica
Shock paddles are so fun, once I shocked 4 guys in a ROW   I got about 8 paddle kills that round
ilyandor
+31|6687|Phoenix, AZ

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

ilyandor wrote:

Ain't no bug/oversight m8, metal (like that of the car) conducts electricity and have you ever heard of lightning that's invisible? I'm not saying that defribs generate lightning. It's more about the principles of how electricity travels.
OK M8, IF YOU WERE TO GET THE SHOCK PADDLES UP TO A CAR THAT IS MADE OF METAL, UNLIKE THAT OF A HUMVEE WHICH IS FIBREGLASS HOODED ETC, BUT SUPPOSE IN BF2 ITS ALL METAL, ANYWAYS === THERE WOULD BE A SHORT CIRCUIT, AND YOUR DEFIBRILLATOR WOULD FRY. AND AS FOR LIGHTNING, THAT ALSO HAS A REASON TO TRAVEL, UNLIKE FROM SHOCK PADDLE TO PERSON.

GO BACK TO HIGHSCHOOL AND RETAKE PHYSICS, M8....LIGHTNING, LOL.
NOOBS IN GAME, NOOBS IN LIFE
Esker
+1|6726
Do people not realise typing in Caps is fucking annoying?

Anyhoo...

Shock Paddles are very cool, I would have loved to see that squad, infact I would have loved to be amongst them. Paddling people is the funniest thing in BF2. Running at someone shouting "CLEAR" "IT'S RECHARGING" is far more fun than just lunging at someone with a knife slashing every bar the person heh.

Last edited by Esker (2006-01-05 00:32:21)

polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6788|Singapore

I thought the forums disable your caps? hmm.
vonSteuben
+3|6701|Essen - Germany
Just wondering, but wouldn't the Hummer work as a Faraday cage?
PHaze
+0|6715
yeah .. i love the paddles too ...
i always have a good laugh when i jump to a hidden enemy , he sees me and in the same moment he is shocked and screams  "MEDIC"

Last edited by PHaze (2006-01-05 07:15:48)

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6707|th3 unkn0wn

ilyandor wrote:

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

ilyandor wrote:

OK M8, IF YOU WERE TO GET THE SHOCK PADDLES UP TO A CAR THAT IS MADE OF METAL, UNLIKE THAT OF A HUMVEE WHICH IS FIBREGLASS HOODED ETC, BUT SUPPOSE IN BF2 ITS ALL METAL, ANYWAYS === THERE WOULD BE A SHORT CIRCUIT, AND YOUR DEFIBRILLATOR WOULD FRY. AND AS FOR LIGHTNING, THAT ALSO HAS A REASON TO TRAVEL, UNLIKE FROM SHOCK PADDLE TO PERSON.

Well m8 it looks like you take things WAY TOO seriously. This is a game. And it ain't realistic. PLUS you're the noob cos you got shock paddled in a car! That's how shite you are, LMFAO. Want examples of where realism is absent? Can you revive a guy in real life who's been shot in the head or C4'ed? Does a tank turn black, blow up into little bits that disappear when it's been shot? And wot about a tank shell not being able to flatten a fence? Can you heal a bullet wound in a second? etc, etc, etc. Why don't you moan about those bugs, eh, Mr Know-it-all-smartarse?

You talk shit in this post about a game that isn't even realistic so I gave you shit. Had a feeling you'd be back with more shit and as expected you did return. You're a twat who takes his gaming too seriously.  Want realism? Go out and do the REAL thing! Put a bullet in your mum's head and see if you can revive her. With you being a genius you'll probably be able to. End of.
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6781|The Hague, Holland

ilyandor wrote:

Lmao
sting_like_a_bee
+0|6700

vonSteuben wrote:

Just wondering, but wouldn't the Hummer work as a Faraday cage?
Not if he broke the "shell" that the car was providing.  By exposing the his body at the gunners position on top of the humvee the electrical field around the vehicle would have contacted his body.  Just as if your car got hit by lightning and you put your hand out the window.  Just basic physics...
Psycho
Member since 2005
+44|6775|Kansas, USA

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

ilyandor wrote:

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

Well m8 it looks like you take things WAY TOO seriously. This is a game. And it ain't realistic. PLUS you're the noob cos you got shock paddled in a car! That's how shite you are, LMFAO. Want examples of where realism is absent? Can you revive a guy in real life who's been shot in the head or C4'ed? Does a tank turn black, blow up into little bits that disappear when it's been shot? And wot about a tank shell not being able to flatten a fence? Can you heal a bullet wound in a second? etc, etc, etc. Why don't you moan about those bugs, eh, Mr Know-it-all-smartarse?

You talk shit in this post about a game that isn't even realistic so I gave you shit. Had a feeling you'd be back with more shit and as expected you did return. You're a twat who takes his gaming too seriously.  Want realism? Go out and do the REAL thing! Put a bullet in your mum's head and see if you can revive her. With you being a genius you'll probably be able to. End of.
Not to be antagonistic, but weren't you the one to bring "realism" into the conversation? Your first statement was also incorrect because due to the rubber tires, vehicles are not grounded. Thus any electrical shock to a vehicle will not harm the occupants.
idiotofwar
Jet Rammer
+4|6726|Debris From Space
If you're shocking someone with the paddles, just as you click step backwards and you pretty much always get a kill. Plus it looks like you did it from far away. That's all they were doing.
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6707|th3 unkn0wn

Psycho wrote:

Not to be antagonistic, but weren't you the one to bring "realism" into the conversation? Your first statement was also incorrect because due to the rubber tires, vehicles are not grounded. Thus any electrical shock to a vehicle will not harm the occupants.
Go and look up wot the word realism means, then read the 1st post of this thread and maybe you'll understand wot I'm on about. And if you read my post properly you'd have seen that I said I wos talking crap when giving a possible reason as to why he got killed. Why? Cos he's expecting the game to be "real" - in terms of physics - when it's not and will never be cos that's EA for you.

Last edited by {HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy (2006-01-06 08:32:54)

ilyandor
+31|6687|Phoenix, AZ

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

ilyandor wrote:

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

Ok m8. this is soo funny cos all you've proven is what a nerdy little loner you are. I DID NOT SAY IT IS A REALISTIC GAME. all this post was about how a squad full of medics kept winning the map before it even began,. So chill out and realize one thing. YOU ARE THE FREAK. I dont really give a shit either way about people like you. I care about people who want 2 learn and not ask me wether i know that i am typing in CAPS. YES. AND IF IT REALLY ANNOYS YOU SOOOOOOOO MUCH, GET HELP.
ilyandor
+31|6687|Phoenix, AZ

Psycho wrote:

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

ilyandor wrote:

thanks Psycho.
|2eeper
+1|6687
m8, cos, wot...this is good stuff...
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6707|th3 unkn0wn

ilyandor wrote:

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

ilyandor wrote:

Ok m8. this is soo funny cos all you've proven is what a nerdy little loner you are. I DID NOT SAY IT IS A REALISTIC GAME. all this post was about how a squad full of medics kept winning the map before it even began,. So chill out and realize one thing. YOU ARE THE FREAK. I dont really give a shit either way about people like you. I care about people who want 2 learn and not ask me wether i know that i am typing in CAPS. YES. AND IF IT REALLY ANNOYS YOU SOOOOOOOO MUCH, GET HELP.
Erm Mister Shit4brains you conveniently cut out your bitching about bugs/oversight and electricity travelling through air. Whenever someone moans about bug/oversights in the sense that you put it you're implying that wot you've just experienced isn't close to the real thing. It's a goddamn GAME FFS!

Only nerds have time to go into the nitty gritty way in which a game's features should or shouldn't work and you are without a doubt one of them. As for your pal Psycho I wouldn't be surprised if you shagged each other judging by the "love" you have for him. Oh and for you to type in CAPS clearly shows that you're nothing but a pathetic attention seeker. Loser!

Last edited by {HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy (2006-01-06 01:31:42)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard