Poll

Should Moderate Muslims Speak Out Reagrdless of the Consequences?

Yes, otherwise they are supporting the Extremists71%71% - 37
I can't blame them if they don't speak out28%28% - 15
Total: 52
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6775|Argentina

Turquoise wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Like before...  it depends on the circumstance.  I would speak out against a terror organization regardless of the circumstances, because I already stand a good chance of dying one way or another.

Most criminal organizations aren't focused on randomly blowing people up.  Most of them just sell drugs, arms, and/or launder money.  Terrorists are murderous enough that you might as well speak out, because you'll likely either get killed from a bombing or from retaliation.  I'd rather die trying to defend people than just out of a random act of violence.
But why would you protect your family before speaking out any other criminal organization and would speak out against terrorists regardless of the consequences?  That doesn't sound pretty clever if you think these guys would kill you without thinking of it twice.  I mean, why wouldn't you protect your family before acting against these scumbags when you know they will try to kill you.
Um...  the point I was trying to make is that terrorists are different from the average criminal.  Terrorists usually blow up people randomly, so the odds of getting killed by one without even ratting on him is much higher than getting killed by say, a member of the mob.

So, in summary, it's best to rat out terrorists because you already stand a good chance of getting killed by them without doing anything against them in the first place.

It's basically do or die against terrorists.
I dunno, would you risk your family even more?
jord
+2,382|6695|The North, beyond the wall.
I would speak out if I knew about terrorists. If I knew it would make a diferance.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6775|Argentina

jord wrote:

I would speak out if I knew about terrorists. If I knew it would make a diferance.
And it would make you a dead guy.
jord

sergeriver wrote:

jord wrote:

Every man dies.

Not every man really lives.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6775|Argentina

jord wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

jord wrote:

Every man dies.

How profound.
jord

sergeriver wrote:

jord wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Every man dies.

How profound.
Thanks. I try.

Also the new Rambo one applies to this.

Live for nothing.

But die... For something.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6422|North Carolina

sergeriver wrote:

Self-preservation and the preservation of friends and family are what I normally live by, but I guess terrorism just strikes me differently.

I would risk anyone in favor of stopping terrorists, including myself and my own children (if I had any).  It's not an easy choice for anyone who actually has kids, so I understand the reluctance, but I guess the limited sense of honor that I have applies to this one case.

I see things like fundamentalist terror as some of the greatest evil out there because of its raw nihilism.  Even as much as I hate war profiteers, they at least are less nihilistic.  You can reason with a warmonger, but you can't reason with a terrorist.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6775|Argentina

Turquoise wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Self-preservation and the preservation of friends and family are what I normally live by, but I guess terrorism just strikes me differently.

I would risk anyone in favor of stopping terrorists, including myself and my own children (if I had any).  It's not an easy choice for anyone who actually has kids, so I understand the reluctance, but I guess the limited sense of honor that I have applies to this one case.

I see things like fundamentalist terror as some of the greatest evil out there because of its raw nihilism.  Even as much as I hate war profiteers, they at least are less nihilistic.  You can reason with a warmonger, but you can't reason with a terrorist.
Agreed.  You can't reason with a terrorist, and that's why you should be sure your family is safe before making any move.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard