lol at Kaboom.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6635
wonder what all the bush hater band wagoners are going to do next january
IRONCHEF
+385|6483|Northern California

AAFCptKabbom wrote:

Man you got a bad attitude - eternal pessimist it seems.

When Bush took over we were in a recession ALREADY and then we were attacked - he helped us through it and took the economy to record heights and record low unemployment - remember that!?!?.  The U.S. dollar issue is more global and domestically driven by the greedy who inflated the housing bubble by granting loans to people who were not qualified - there is a correction in place and the greedy are getting it up the ass.  The down side is that they are trying to protect their wealth by cutting back on corp expenses - payroll is the number one most controllable expense.

Here's a few facts that you haven't heard about that put us in some of theses situations you so fearfully and incorrectly point out:
- After Saddam surrendered he violated 17 U.N. resolutions and Greenspan said that with him in power oil prices would hit $150 a barrel.
- Fuel prices are being driven by supply and demand - the ever growing appetite of the Panda (China), shortage of refinery's, etc.
- The endless war is being dragged out by sectarian violence due to outside influences and what we all knew would happen - Al Quida insurgents.
- 47 Million w/o health-care - WHY!  Our system never has allowed for anyone to have free coverage except for the most needy and elderly.  Illegal immigrants are having no problems finding health-care.  The issue is preventive health-care - some chose not spend the money.
- Bad rep and few friends...  Bullshit!  Once everyone got over "America bashing" they seem to be aligning themselves with democracy again.
- Worthless Congress and deeper, nastier political divisions - It's Politics!  Losers always cry and politicians attack others to take their jobs.
- Military in shambles - FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU!!!  We have never lost a military battle and they are adapting and gaining technology.
- Bin Laden is thriving - are you in the same cave with him and listening to his "Yes" people!  He's in a fucking cave and hidden by tribesman.
- Shredded Constitution - Bullshit!  The Constitution was drafted in response to us separating from a government across an ocean and to achieve self governance - not while being attacked from terrorist!  The Constitution grants special powers so people in charge can defend the country.  Agree with it or not - you're not in that position!  Your negative ass or anyone else's has not been attacked on our soil since 9/11 - keep whining.
- You and the Dixie Chicks are part of the problem and not the solution - read this again since you seem to miss important and factual things "UNITED WE STAND".  The Dixie Chicks have a right and a privilege to speak out against anything they want - however, It should have never been done at a concert venue (were people paid money) and more importantly in a foreign country - that was pandering to pacifist!
- Failures on every promise Bush made - how uninformed are you!  There has been numerous promises kept and, sadly to say, because of the political fallout of the Dem's losing twice there has been nothing but friction for political gain on the others - everyone owns that one my friend.

Stupid me - I just noticed your location and your sources

Things are great with me and in knowing the facts and putting things in perspective.  I think we'll be fine with your support and help.
Oh how I wish I had the time to disect and expose every ludicrous point you just made, but I'm no pollux.  But I will just address the Dixie Chicks remark you made.

They said, during a break in a show in an England theater, they were embarassed that Bush was from Texas...that's it.  At worst, they were voicing their dissaproval of their president and actually ashamed they are from the same state.  What did it produce?  Death threats (see the movie if you can accept truth and reality), an attempt by blind people to curtail their record sales and air time, and lots of negative, bad, and unwarranted press..let alone stress to them and their families.  In the end....they were protected from that speech, regardless of where it was, they did NO wrong, and guess what, they were ahead of their time because hey, only 19% of this country is still brainwashed and putting up with Bush making the Dixie Chicks quite exhonerated..and right!

My location matters?  My sources matter?  Oh, because they're correct?  Or are we actually NOT in endless and unwarranted war, are we not in a suffering economy crisis, are countries NOT accepting dollars because they're worthless, is there not a brand new terrorist training ground where there wasn't one before, are there not soldiers and marines coming home jacked up and ruined for life in every way, are there not....nevermind...you're one of the 19% in the bubble still..this is futile.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6437|The Land of Scott Walker

Magpie wrote:

Bush is the greatest he should get the nobel peace prize
Hey, if manbearpig hunter/internet inventor Al Gore can get one, why not?
PureFodder
+225|6277

Stingray24 wrote:

Magpie wrote:

Bush is the greatest he should get the nobel peace prize
Hey, if manbearpig hunter/internet inventor Al Gore can get one, why not?
Kissinger got one too and he's a proper scumbag.

@ Kabbom, At the risk of jumping to a conclusion, when you want to find out the days news, resist the urge to turn on Fox news.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6635

PureFodder wrote:

Kissinger got one too and he's a proper scumbag.
Im with you on that
IRONCHEF
So hey, is that were "manbearpig" comes from?  Al Gore?  Always wanted to know what that meant.  There's a manbearpig that plays IO jellobad with me alot who is a serious hacker and I've always wanted to know where that name came from.
SgtSlutter
Banned
+550|6630|Amsterdam, NY

IRONCHEF wrote:

So hey, is that were "manbearpig" comes from?  Al Gore?  Always wanted to know what that meant.  There's a manbearpig that plays IO jellobad with me alot who is a serious hacker and I've always wanted to know where that name came from.
you being sarcastic or do you just not watch South Park?
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6373|the land of bourbon

IRONCHEF wrote:

lol it's a southpark satire of al gore.  they had an episode where al gore shows up in southpark and tries to warn everyone about a half-man, half-bear, half-pig.  he was super serial too.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
462nd NSP653
Devout Moderate, Empty Head.
+57|6676

sergeriver wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

A little more recent numbers.
Americans feel better about future: Reuters poll
Because Dubya is leaving the office?
Crap. His approval rating is double that of congress!!!  I think Kmarion hit on it...just the fact elections are coming (ie change) is what's got people up beat.  You suppose Bush stands at the Oval Office window and gives Congress a "nanny-nanny boo boo, they like me more than you!"

From Kmarion's Article Link "Approval ratings for Bush climbed to 34 percent from 31 percent last month, and positive ratings for Congress inched up from 14 percent to a still-low 17 percent."

Last edited by 462nd NSP653 (2008-02-21 11:53:00)

AchangelTyreal
360 owns my soul
+31|6501|Behind You

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Elect a president with an IQ over 75.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6753

AchangelTyreal wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Yes because the new congress is doing much better...
IRONCHEF

SgtSlauther wrote:

IRONCHEF wrote:

you being sarcastic or do you just not watch South Park?
Sadly, I am not a fan of Southpark, so I am NOT in the know here.

But thanks for the reference.  I'm sure it was a funny episode.  I do love the "respect my authoritah!" bit too.
13rin
+977|6471

Poseidon wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Even if, we're not exactly "succeeding" in Iraq. When they can stop finding dead bodies strewn across the country and IEDs stop going off, I'll say we're "succeeding".
Yes we are.  You want the end result right now, and that takes time.  So you just going to pout and shit on it until you get the results you want?
Who doesn't want the end result now? After 4+ years, I think we all do.

And the fact that our soldiers are still being killed after 4+ years almost every day leads me to believe we're not succeeding. Doing better? Sure. Succeeding? Hell no.
Here is a problem with alot of Americans.  They think that rome was built in a fucking day.  This ain't a sitcom where all of your problems are solved in 30 minutes.  Rebuilding a nation takes time.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
blisteringsilence
I'd rather hunt with Cheney than ride with Kennedy
+83|6693|Little Rock, Arkansas

Pierre wrote:

IRONCHEF wrote:

When Bush took over we were in a recession ALREADY
In 2001? I did not know that. Link?
Good lord, how old are you?

Dot Com Bust, anyone?

Seriously. I want to know how old you are. How ANYONE who was alive and thinking in 2000 could forget this bubble bust, I just don't know.
IRONCHEF

blisteringsilence wrote:

Pierre wrote:

NOT ironchef wrote:

When Bush took over we were in a recession ALREADY
In 2001? I did not know that. Link?
Good lord, how old are you?

Dot Com Bust, anyone?

Seriously. I want to know how old you are. How ANYONE who was alive and thinking in 2000 could forget this bubble bust, I just don't know.
Someone's misquoting me.  Is that Pollux somewhere?
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6215|Escea

OrangeHound wrote:

IRONCHEF wrote:

Sad time to be American.  Endless war, shredded constitution, soaring fuel prices, joblessness, economy dying (and rebates are coming..), 47 million without healthcare, dollar becoming worthless, few actual friends internationally, bad reputation internationally, endless thousands of new recruits for the various terror groups..all pointed at us, zero accountability, worthless congress and senate, military in shambles, thousands upon thousands of homes wrecked because of war (on both sides), deeper, nastier political division,...failure at just about every promise Bush made, and oh yeah....Osama bin Laden has NOT been smoked out of his hole, has not been brought to justice, and he continues to thrive and gain popularity....even if he's dead.

Anything good happening with you?
Meh, bunch of media hype.

I'm not a Bushie, but quite frankly life in the United States is pretty cozy right now.  We don't have the terrorism of the rest of the world, war is not in our backyard, inflation is very low, unemployment is very low, we don't have the gas prices of Europe, we are eating so much that we have an overweight problem ... even our homeless are fat.  We live in HUGE houses and most of the country (sorry California) has relatively cheap energy costs.  Our cars are new, our clothes are dirt cheap, our air is mostly clean (*cough* sorry parts of California) and the biggest "need" in America seems to be how to install a home theater.

So, please ... get some perspective.
Yeah one reason I want to live in America, hugmungous house for roughly half the price of a tiny house over here.
NantanCochise
+55|5970|Portugal/United States

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Dont worry, they will definatly find someone new to hate. If Mcaine wins, they will hate him from the start, if Ombama wins, they might just find a new country to blame for all the worlds problems. What you guys think of Isreal?
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6635
Housing is expensive as shit in California.
AchangelTyreal
360 owns my soul
+31|6501|Behind You

usmarine wrote:

AchangelTyreal wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Yes because the new congress is doing much better...
Don't assume I'm a fan of congress because I dislike Dubya.  Congress has their thumbs just as far up their asses as G-dubs, from my perspective.
topthrill05
+125|6570|Rochester NY USA
Woke up in my warm soft bed, went downstairs and turned on the TV. From there I got dressed, brushed my teeth and walked to Tim Horton's and got a coffee.(Fucking Canadian franchises ).

That is a privilege all of it, knowing that there are billions who can't say they did close to the same thing this morning. We as Americans forget how good we have it and bitch about small (Yes some big) problems that will be solved in time.

America- Fuck yeah.

Last edited by topthrill05 (2008-02-21 12:09:43)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6635
people need to stop wasting time yapping about how shitty the situation is for them and start doing productive things to get themselves out the shittiness of the situation.
13rin
+977|6471

AchangelTyreal wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Hey buddy.  I'm guessing you voted for Kerry? 

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/hoaxes/presiq.asp

Oh yea... Lets think about this for a Minuit.   What did Kerry he do?  Drive a boat?  What did Bush do? He flew a fighter jet.  I wonder which task requires more skill and intelligence. 

Oh and they both went to Yale where:

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/washi … r_student/

Oh yea.. Bush went to Harvard after that.

And to top it all off, he beat John Kerry.  So who smarter then? eye roll.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6613|London, England
Well... I don't think GWB will go down as one of America's greatest Presidents...

Neither will Tony Blair, and especially Gordon Brown (UK Prime Ministers).

So far the 21st Century has been pretty shit in terms of "world leaders"

Last edited by Mek-Izzle (2008-02-21 12:10:58)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6635

Mek-Izzle wrote:

Well... I don't think GWB will go down as one of America's greatest Presidents...

Neither will Tony Blair, and especially Gordon Brown.

So far the 21st Century has been pretty shit in terms of "world leaders"
Gordon Brown was a pretty decent American President.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard