Ec0li
Vagina face
+167|6001|London ㋛

Topic says it all really, so i was wondering does anyone have any tips or advice on how not to suck? I seem to sacrifice my SPM so i can raise my kd ratio but I do enjoy I/O sometimes, I'm just no good at it, generally I finish a round with my kills being equal to my deaths, sometimes I'll have a good day and own but it's not consistent. So does anyone have any useful tips for it? I know it's not easy to give advice on I/O as opposed to vehicles but any advice is welcomed. Thanks
Longbow
+163|6648|Odessa, Ukraine
Dont spam clays\nades\RPK\G36E

Use cover, aim for head. Dont dolphin dive - it doesnt work against skilled players. What else can I say...depends on the maps you play.
Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6652|Keyboard
By your stats, your problem is that you suck with any type of weapon, but you kinda excel with explosives and grenades.
argo4
Stand and Deliver
+86|5935|United States
don't play I/O...that's what I do. In vehicle mode, especially on a tight map like karkand or mashtuur you can easily find cover from tanks etc. so they don't bother you.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6592|Reisterstown, MD

I/O was a lot of fun.  I spent countless hours wh0ring I/O.
argo4
Stand and Deliver
+86|5935|United States
ecoli, do you have special forces? Ghost town and warlord are great maps, and you should try them in i/o. Since sf is not as popular as vanilla there are fewer really great players, so it might be easier
BigBunny
Col64
+19|6610|Edinburgh

argo4 wrote:

ecoli, do you have special forces? Ghost town and warlord are great maps, and you should try them in i/o. Since sf is not as popular as vanilla there are fewer really great players, so it might be easier
I would disagree.  I find I am much worse at SF  - I think the players there tend to be better.
Ec0li
Vagina face
+167|6001|London ㋛

Yeah I got SF, recently just been whoring vehicles on vanilla so i did i quick 30 mins on ghost town, no good, everyone on the other side seemed to have like 20 - 2 kd ratios and my team had like 10 - 20, i just wanted to shout aimbot. Although I did get banned once from a GT server for "hacking". One off though, i fins SF has MORE skilled players than vanilla. Thanks for the advice so far though.
GumGum
+2|5930
Never engage ppl head on. Gives even the worst nubs a chance to shoot you. Kill the shooter b4 you revive, hide behind cover and spam Ctrl button, pop up and down while shooting when you come up. Always throw med packs wherever you go so you can lay on them......all that good stuff.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6394|Southern California

killer21 wrote:

I/O was a lot of fun.  I spent countless hours wh0ring I/O.
After this post I won every game of IO I played.

Pretty much play as medic. Its hard as hell to convince others to give you first aid, so being able to keep you alive is good.
When you cap a flag, lay on top of a medic pack or two. Use AK in short bursts 2-3 bullets. Try not to run around in the open, and play with a squad of friends if you can.
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6625|EU

Be a medic (doh!)

*spam medic packs before turning around the corner so if you are going to engage someone, you will have some bars back when being hit.

*when taking a flag, keep an eye on at least one spawn point with a gun and spam nades with interval so if anyone spawns- boom gets killed. I know someone would call you a spawn killer but never mind, it isn't that you placed a clay on it or were just waiting for someone to spawn, you are capping a flag lol!

*use cover! don't use sprint around corners, don't sprint in a tiny alleys, use it only for managing looooong distances without cover aka square, bridges etc. when behind cover, first spam med packs and than get up and shoot. steady your aim, get back in cover, you don't have to kill the enemy right instead. Most probably he will lay down and will be without any cover, so if he injured you somehow, your medpacks brings back you to health and you can get up again and finish him. That all has to be really fast.
If you play Karkand, it is useless to stay behind that building near USMC spawn points, go left, there you have plenty of cover, good angle and a moment of surprise if no UAV + less chance being naded by random grenade.

*maybe most crucial thing in IO- be in a squad or better- lead it! This means that your members will be more keened to get you revived. Talk to them via VOIP if possible, laugh at enemy and communicate The best option would be to have a buddy with you who you know, like from forums or xfire or real life.

*avoid classic routes where most probably some gheymore will be waiting for you unless you have medic behind.

*if you are weak at long and medium distances, go for close quarter combat- spray and pray!

*think! In most situations you get killed by your dumbness, like chasing an enemy and a nade waits around the corner or gheymore! Don't rush like a hero, sometimes its better to take a break and let them to attack. Play with them.

*if you suck with defaults use G36E! Yea, I know they will call you a nub and even I will as well but if you suck with aim or handling the weapon that is the most easiest way to rise up. Though you will still most probably lose against skilled player with AK or M16.

*pick up kits! maybe that's an noob advice and everyone does that but still- when I kill a sniper I like to pick up his kit, grab his own gheymore and put it on a route where he will probably come again or at least someone else. The biggest fun is to put right next to his dead body so a medic trying to revive him gets owned as well. Switch back to your kit after of course.

*aim for head! always! don't always switch to iron sights, on medium and with M16 even on long distances its sometimes better to have a cross-hair so you have smaller bullet drop. Feel each of your shot, re-aim, line up and shoot again. Don't rush much but it takes some practice and strong nerves.

*keep calm. Its very easy to say but hard to do sometimes. When someone pisses me off I start to do bullshit and cant concentrate. To prevent that, have some fun from your kills- teabag them! yea! its fun and there is a chance that they get angry, start to flame you etc, don't be bothered, enjoy the game! He will start to suck in no time because will think about something else than proper game-play. Don't teabag and admin!!!! LOL!

Hope that helped somehow. Good luck!
Simon
basically
+838|6660|UK
Added you on sexfire
Ec0li
Vagina face
+167|6001|London ㋛

Cheers fellas, some proper sound advice there, it all sounds simple enough but hard to take into account when actually playing, especially when you've gotten into habits, habits that get you e-killed in no time.

Edit: Oh and thanks to whoever karma'd me

Last edited by Ec0li (2008-02-20 15:40:11)

legionair
back to i-life
+336|6625|EU

Ec0li wrote:

Cheers fellas, some proper sound advice there, it all sounds simple enough but hard to take into account when actually playing, especially when you've gotten into habits, habits that get you e-killed in no time.

Edit: Oh and thanks to whoever karma'd me
when I get a bit more free time, ill join u via xfire and we can have some medic whoring
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5933|Somewhere out in Space
Meh. I/O is hella easy and i despise it. If i can come back from 2 weeks of 2142, play for an hour, and get this message for the first time in the history of my BF2 experience, it must be.

https://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/c507b4b9fbb21fefabd1650350c277f943c1bd23.png

(PROTIP: look @ warning)

I wasnt even doing that good. Just 20 points over the next guy, and the kd was only about 3.  But still, i lold.

Last edited by N00bkilla55404 (2008-02-20 16:24:26)

clogar
damn ain't it great to be a laxer
+32|5957|Minnesota
don't medic whore it's so annoying, be assault and get warned for saying assault, lulz, assault is awesome especially if you use the g3 or the ak 101 on karkand or jalalabad
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6470
IO is boring.
Wallpaper
+303|5995|The pool
Jump around all the corner that you can. The little shit faced snipers DO NOT snipe at all in IO. All of them clay/nadewhore. If it looks like theyre going to CQC nade or clay you, rush them, pwn them, and teabag them.
Simon
basically
+838|6660|UK

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

IO is boring.
that was constructive.

Wallpaper wrote:

Jump around all the corner that you can.
Possibly the worst tip given in this thread, no offence.
Whilst you're jumping around the corner (not shooting, obviously), all I have to do is prone or strafe and I've already got the advantage of being able to shoot before you. heh

Last edited by Simon (2008-02-20 16:35:23)

iMPaCT.uK
+72|6498|UK , Birmingham
yea i suck at IO also, can we share tips here plz
howler_27
+90|6689
Learn the choke points and map hot spots, areas of cover, and keep an eye on both yours and the enemy's UAV.  If it's above you, chances are that your going to have company very soon.
iMPaCT.uK
+72|6498|UK , Birmingham

howler_27 wrote:

Learn the choke points and map hot spots, areas of cover, and keep an eye on both yours and the enemy's UAV.  If it's above you, chances are that your going to have company very soon.
THANX man
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6625|EU

Also find a servers where Clays/c4/commander are forbidden. Its more fun when there is no UAV- then you just spot all around in hope that there is actually someone.
Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd
+169|6748|Mexico City

legionair wrote:

Also find a servers where Clays/c4/commander are forbidden. Its more fun when there is no UAV- then you just spot all around in hope that there is actually someone.
GOSH !!!!
THAT HAS TO BE THE GAYEST SERVERS EVER !!!!!!!!!
LiGaLiZe
k?
+82|6121|sweden

Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd wrote:

I am gay, I play sniper and claymores are my main weapon. And i like to drop supplydrops and hide behind them. I am gay

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard