Poll

Do you have an immediate family member with a congenital disability?

Yes28%28% - 20
No71%71% - 49
Total: 69
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6914|PNW

FEOS wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Do I? Yes. Several.
What condition? Death.
Death is not a disability. But thanks so much for taking the topic seriously.
Death is the ultimate disability. About the only one where you have to pay the government and not the other way around.

/thread necromancy

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2008-04-14 11:08:01)

PuckMercury
6 x 9 = 42
+298|6669|Portland, OR USA
I have Marfan's Syndrome.  Do I count as my own immediate family member?

EDIT: To those who actually read about it - I mutated, I did not inherit from parent(s).

Last edited by PuckMercury (2008-04-14 11:25:53)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6763|London, England
Hmm, sounds like a good thing. Especially if the guy downstairs is also disproportionally large
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6660|USA

PuckMercury wrote:

EDIT: To those who actually read about it - I mutated, I did not inherit from parent(s).
what?! that sounds like it would be beneficial in a zero-gravity environment! ? 
tell those NASA decision makers to go to hell.
PuckMercury
6 x 9 = 42
+298|6669|Portland, OR USA

Mek-Izzle wrote:

Hmm, sounds like a good thing. Especially if the guy downstairs is also disproportionally large
I suppose there are some practical upshots such as ridiculous flexibility and nimble fingers ... but the whole cardiovascular thing is a bitch.  Ya know, small lungs, flat feet, bad heart ... fun stuff I tell ya.  No, this doesn't hold a candle to any number of other conditions and I'm certainly not responding to garner sympathy ... but it is a pain in the ass to say the least ... or the chest

CoronadoSEAL wrote:

what?! that sounds like it would be beneficial in a zero-gravity environment! ? 
tell those NASA decision makers to go to hell.
Well, it would benefit me in a zero grav environment absolutely ... the whole 9g trip there ... yeah, they'd frown on that.  Thanks for actually remembering though. 

Last edited by PuckMercury (2008-04-14 11:35:47)

FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6553|'Murka

PuckMercury wrote:

My mom was involved in an organization that raised money and awareness for Marfan's Syndrome research.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6547|North Carolina
My brother has chronic bronchitis.
FEOS
+1,182|6553|'Murka

Turquoise wrote:

My brother has chronic bronchitis.
Are you pushing to have him sterilized?
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Turquoise
O Canada
I had a feeling you'd say that.  His disease is environmental, not genetic.
FEOS
+1,182|6553|'Murka

Turquoise wrote:

Couldn't let that one pass.

The unfortunate thing about bronchitis is that it tends to become chronic.
― Albert Einstein

Turquoise
O Canada

FEOS wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Couldn't let that one pass.

The unfortunate thing about bronchitis is that it tends to become chronic.
His situation is a lot of the reason why I'm adamant about raising air quality standards.  We live in a fairly smoggy area (Greensboro), and millions of people in the industrialized world end up like him with respiratory problems as a result from corporate negligence in the form of air pollution.  Power companies are especially notorious for polluting the air, and it ultimately costs society billions as a result of these illnesses.
FEOS
+1,182|6553|'Murka

My son's lungs are in terrible shape. But the unfortunate catch-22 is that any city with a hospital that can handle his needs also has shitty air quality.
― Albert Einstein

Turquoise
O Canada

FEOS wrote:

My son's lungs are in terrible shape. But the unfortunate catch-22 is that any city with a hospital that can handle his needs also has shitty air quality.
Good point.  I'm sorry to hear about your son, and I'm sure he's probably in a much worse situation than my brother.  My bro just has to be careful how much exercising he does outside.  He's fine being active indoors though.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard