Ryan
+1,230|6863|Alberta, Canada

well i serached on google, and i cant find any real photos of the places in bf2.
does anyone have actual pictures, non-fictioncal pictures of like Karkand and Mashtuur City? or are dum of these places just fake?

i know daqing oilfeilds and maybe dalian plant are real places, ive seen them on my globe.
elite
+89|6734|Sheffield, England
gulf of oman maybe real-ish, oman is a real country under soudi arabia
hurricane2oo5
Do One Ya Mug !!!
+176|6784|mansfield
strike at karkands in england. its based on a city called manchester , where on a daily basis people take to the streets with armor and guns. the sides/teams are manchester united against manchester city
Ryan

wow thats cool. i posted a pic of dalian plant on the other topic i accidentally made.
hurricane2oo5
Do One Ya Mug !!!
+176|6784|mansfield
yeh its cool man. i wouldnt recommend walking around manchester/karkand at night without your trusty assault weapon though
Ryan

manchester looks nothing in comparison to karkand...:S
hurricane2oo5
Do One Ya Mug !!!
+176|6784|mansfield
what do you mean?? im telling you strike at karkand is taken from the city of manchester. can somebody please help me out with this guy. maybe a englishman or better still a mancunian
oberst_enzian
+234|6763|melb.au
you better take and then post some pictures of those vodniks that you English drive to work, then he'll believe you
hurricane2oo5
Do One Ya Mug !!!
+176|6784|mansfield
lol yeh.
ill tell you what ill do ryan.ill drive up to manchester at the weekend and get a picture with the real mecs.will you believe me then?
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6808|England
Karkand in Manchester? ROFL
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6809|Singapore

If you're not a Manc, You're a Wank.
M90Medic
Wiki Contributor
+2|6774|Medicland, sthlm

oberst_enzian wrote:

you better take and then post some pictures of those vodniks that you English drive to work, then he'll believe you
Clearly youve never seen a rover.
ex-static
+15|6709
Well i found Wake Island on google earth. But you all probably knew it existed.
Still, the coordinates are:     19 17 N, 166 36 E

Have fun!!

Oh, I've found a city named Masturah (mashtuur?) in Saudi Arabia
coordinates: 23.1161111 N, 38.8413889 E

Another edit.

Yes Oman exist. And yes it has it's own gulf (On the north side of Oman)
coordinates: 24.8559204625 N, 59.0439083737 E

but there is another place called Gulf of Oman (about the same place. I think the first is the actual gulf and this is more the area)
coordinates: 25.4386575622 N, 57.8316900711 E
The town in this place is called: Khalij 'Oman
I think that should be the little town in Gulf of Oman.

Ok I'm ranting. Those DICE guys probably didn't even look it up this far.

Last edited by ex-static (2006-01-03 18:45:17)

SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6805|Perth, Western Australia

hurricane2oo5 wrote:

strike at karkands in england. its based on a city called manchester , where on a daily basis people take to the streets with armor and guns. the sides/teams are manchester united against manchester city
ROFL, so true, but which side would be the noble Reds?

On a side note I did do a search on this a while ago when i got bored at school, and Daqing Oilfields, Dalian Plant, and the Gulf of Oman turned out to be all real
MikeBlades
+8|6773|Battlefield in australia
if you really want to see a warzone up close and personal just head on down to your local shopping mall during sale season...
oberst_enzian
+234|6763|melb.au
Dalian is an actual place, so is Oman - but the actual map terrain is made up ffs

if you think i'm wrong, find a picture, and post it to prove it
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6809|Singapore

Dude the map terrain can be anything the designers made it to be. You don't expect them to replicate it do you?
oberst_enzian
+234|6763|melb.au
ummm, no. that's actually my point. that they are made up. so the people who say they're reall shut up, yes? yes.
Ub3r-ElitE
Teargas wh0re
+2|6740
Mashtuur is based on a city in Iran. But i forgot the name...
Ryan

well i looked on google at pics of Manchester, and it just didnt look like Karkand. but i didnt really look at it too closely. i dunno, maybe Karkand does look like Manchester.
Erkut.hv
+124|6755|California
Songhua River is an actual river, it had pollution in it, that had spread to some Russian villages (in Russia the river becamse something else, don't remember what). So I know that exists, as far as the others, not sure.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard