Poll

Will you buy the new booster packs that are coming out???

Definetely32%32% - 25
Probably35%35% - 28
Don't think so20%20% - 16
Is this a joke? (Hell No)11%11% - 9
Total: 78
mjw
The All Rounder
+22|6776|Rotherham, England
I'm a bit unsure if i want to buy these new booster packs that ere coming out at end of Q1 2006. Why would i want to buy another form of addon pack when special forces isn't really that great.
Special forces is a bit of a ripoff actually, considering that MEC, Insurgents, Spetnaz, Rebels etc.. only have stock weapons and not the new ones, it creates huge unbalance issues. For example on Warlord, the SAS nearly always win, i havn't played it much but i think i've won as SAS something like 20x and lost 3x.

My point is Special Forces wasn't really worth the money in my opinion and i only played it to get new weapons for original BF2, and the occasional mad drive on quad bike.
But i'm thinking to myself that the booster packs are slightly different in the fact that all they do is give us more waepons, maps, and vehicles and theres not a lot that could really go wrong, could it???

Its just that i know EA are full of crap, babbling on about "ongoing dedicated support to the BF2 community" and bullshit like that, when in actual fact all they want is another $9.99 (~£5.00) per booster pack, just to line their pockets with. I can't help but feel a bit ripped off.

Anyways basic idea of this post was the poll, i'm just interested to see how many people plan on getting these booster packs, and if anyone else feels a little ripped off feel free to flame EA as much as humanly possible.

Thanks.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6709
I'm going to get them because I am dedicated to the BF comunity. I remeber the first time I ever played BF1942. I was at an internet cafe with my friend. We were playing CS then we tryed out BF1942 and were like THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVA!!!! Then he gave me BF1942 for my birthday. Ever since I stayed current with the BF games (except the xpacks for 1942 )

Last edited by Superior Mind (2006-01-03 16:51:58)

JON.ANTONSSON
+51|6709|Sweden
Im not sure either. Mostly because its only sold online. It doesnt feel secure; if the computer dies, will I have to bye it again, or what? And I simply cant play Special Forces because its lagging like hell, so is regular Battlefield 2 after the latest patch. (My graphic card have become worthless).
Echo
WOoKie
+383|6736|The Netherlands
I do wanna buy the new boosterpacks but i havent got a credit card so i gotta ask a buddy of me to buy it.

Btw i d rather have a disk then some download. Like jon said, what if your hd dies on you.
BlackLegion42
Damn Command and Conquer Generals...
+62|6747|Rochester, NY
Probably, still like physical copies to have with you.
Maj.Do
+85|6769|good old CA
idk really.  if they give better stock weapons. ill buy it
priznat
+0|6864
I don't have too much of a problem with paying for some extras as long as the team is pretty good about keeping the play balanced and the bug levels low. Really, we get a bargain when you compare how much the MMORPGers have to shell out every month. Granted, there probably is a lot more unique content and they have to maintain more official servers, but the cents per minute cost is pretty much better than just about any entertainment out there..
StickyBombs
+8|6774|Sacramento, CA (USA)
AS long as Online play is still free on Servers then I am always going to be down to buy BF francise products.  This is really the only game that I buy "officially" if you know what I mean...so I don't have a problem supporting it...Even though it just makes EA richer.  But hey what are you going to do.
DMFDxUconn
+8|6784|Kannapolis,North Carolina
$9.99 for more BF2?

Yes, i'll be buying the booster packs. All of them. I think its an excellent idea. Im still holding out for a Rogue patch.
PinkSugarHeartAttack
Sailor Mini Moon
+0|6744
Since I'm burnt on all the current MMO's I used to play and have spare cash from that lying around.. Yup. I'll buy em. Gotta buy em all! Boostermon!
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6806|Singapore

BF2 CCG.

Hmph.
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6778|Internet!
Yep, might as well. Sure SF sucks, and the boosters will probably suck too... but, EA could use the profit. :p

polarbearz wrote:

BF2 CCG.

Hmph.
No. Just no... you'd get these people that have 3,000 "M203" cards. And nothing else.
Munky
+0|6705
Bad idea. this clearly shows that all they are concerned with now is making money. it adds even more unbalance to the game then there already is by giving people the ability to "upgrade" there game with, better weapons of which are more powerfull then those who did not pay get. furthermore it restricts there ability to fix bugs, and memory leaks that need alot of attention, and probibly will just cause more bugs. I for one am not getting the next battlefield game unless some big changes are made by both marketing and devolopers.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6860|Bryan/College Station, TX
Ok.. because I have been living under a rock or something.

Where the hell are these Booster Packs being advertised?

How do you know they will exist?

A website link would be nice for me to read up on this.

Pretty Please.

Cheers.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
FromTheAshes
+53|6721
I'll just pirate copy it... yay for free games ^.^
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6719|New York
Let me fill ya In on something. Does it seem weirsd to some that you have to sign in to Play(steam)

Does it seem weird you will Have to DL the expansions? (steam)

Thats Because EA bought Steam. You think we have problems Now. Oh Boy Just wait. If this turns Into a Steam Headache Like steam is already, Man Were in Trouble.

Dont know if ill buy the Boosters. Ill wait and see How or What the Ranked server Im renting requires.

Harry
The Soup Nazi
+18|6804|North Lauderdale, FL
i never once had a problem with Steam (with HL2 and CSS).  i loved being able to reformat my machine, reinstall Steam, login to Steam, and then download my purchased games (for no additional cost).  if anything, i would much prefer game companies to further embrace such forms of distribution.  that way i don't have to worry about losing/scratching my install discs.

also, Steam gives users the option of "backing up" their purchased games to CD/DVD.  that way you have a physical copy of the game to keep you from having to download it in the event of a system crash.
The Soup Nazi

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

Thats Because EA bought Steam.
where did you get this information?  source, please.
Echo
WOoKie
+383|6736|The Netherlands

The Soup Nazi wrote:

i never once had a problem with Steam (with HL2 and CSS).  i loved being able to reformat my machine, reinstall Steam, login to Steam, and then download my purchased games (for no additional cost).  if anything, i would much prefer game companies to further embrace such forms of distribution.  that way i don't have to worry about losing/scratching my install discs.

also, Steam gives users the option of "backing up" their purchased games to CD/DVD.  that way you have a physical copy of the game to keep you from having to download it in the event of a system crash.
You just answered my questions, thx. So if my hd dies on me, i can get the downloads again for free and i m also able to make a backup dvd of it, cool!

Allthough i do prefer a disk with a manual over a download, since thats not a option, okay, screw the manual!
The Soup Nazi
Half-Life 2 was the first (major) game that I've bought for the PC that didn't come with a manual.  Rather, it came with a manual on the CD in .PDF format. 

Anyways, I'm still waiting for "proof" of EA buying Valve's "Steam."  Personally, I think Headstone was referring to EA creating a service similar to Steam.  Time will tell if they'll offer the same services that Steam does, though.  If so, yes, you can make backups and re-download content for no additional charge.
mjw
The All Rounder
EA have definetely not bought steam, and i think the new booster packs are released the same way special forces was, using that EA downloader thing. I didn't use that option i got my copy of amazon, but i'm pretty sure EA downloader works the same way as steam, where you login and buy a game and after that you can download as many times as you want.
mjw
The All Rounder
EA have definetely not bought steam, and i think the new booster packs are released the same way special forces was, using that EA downloader thing. I didn't use that option i got my copy of amazon, but i'm pretty sure EA downloader works the same way as steam, where you login and buy a game and after that you can download as many times as you want.
mjw
The All Rounder
whoops double post, soz.
Bobson
+0|6712
EA now are Valve's publishers... and have NOT bought STEAM.

source: http://www.joystiq.com/2005/07/18/ea-to-publish-half-life-2-gaming-world-to-seem-smaller/
ModestFire
+0|6706
Probably. It's not too much money and you'll be able to try out some new stuff. Which I know you can do in mods but to me the professional versions just feel a little better. So I wouldn't doubt I'll get it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard