pasthebiscuits
+2|6814|Redcar, England
is anyone else having the problem the sometimes you have to be really precise using the defib eg crouch and perfect on the cross and other times it will work stood normally staring at his boots even.....
OnBoyce
+3|6815|Montreal, QC
As a medic, I had this problem when I started playing. I had a hard time targeting a guy to revive him. But now, I just dive at the wounded soldier, and usually, I get him back up on the first try, not even targeting a specific part of the body. Sometimes I do miss, but it's pretty rare. The thing I hate is when I get out the defibrilator before diving, and then, my OnBoyce medic decides it's time to rub the 2 parts of the defibrilator together! ACK, how many times I died cause someone turned the corner, and I'm on the ground, rubbing the defibrilator to revive a soldier X_X

But for the targeting part, I think it's just practice.

Last edited by OnBoyce (2005-08-28 16:04:42)

maltese_pidgeon
Bleeder
+2|6826|Sunnyvale, CA

OnBoyce wrote:

The thing I hate is when I get out the defibrilator before diving, and then, my OnBoyce medic decides it's time to rub the 2 parts of the defibrilator together! ACK, how many times I died cause someone turned the corner, and I'm on the ground, rubbing the defibrilator to revive a soldier X_X
after you revive someone, try to always let yourself recharge the paddles before putting them away. If you interrupt it, you have to start all over again. it works the same way as reloading a gun.
Freak Went Flier
+0|6832|Atlanta
Medic Tips;
Always let paddles recharge before puting them away, or recharge when it's quiet.
You can revive while standing, practice mkes perfect.
Drop Health packs in active areas (even if they're not active now)
Run with a squad or group thats doing something.  You'll keep them going, and get alot of flags.
Get the unlock (I85?).  Great weapon.
Prepare to die many times.

Good luck.
OnBoyce
+3|6815|Montreal, QC
Weird, I never thought bout that O_O Thx for the tip
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6837|San Francisco

Freak Went Flier wrote:

Drop Health packs in active areas (even if they're not active now)
Just be weary of dropping med packs around flag areas unless teammates are around or on the way as enemies can use those same med packs and will ultimately be more difficult to kill as a result.
cgolden
+0|6747
Does anyone else think there might be a mixup on the stats here?
I suspect (could be wrong) that my knife and defibrilator deaths are swapped:

Knife            00:03:36   7   2   3.50   9.59% –
Defibrillator  00:39:45    3   90   0.03   66.99% –

I would guess that I have killed 7 with the knife and three with the defib, but it's more likely that I've been killed 90 times with a knife than only twice.  Likewise, 2 defib deaths sounds reasonable, not 90.
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6775

Reviving from the standing position is difficult... I think the hit-box for reviving is wider than it is tall, so going prone and shocking the wounded is best.
=ST6=SewerMaster
AK Whore
+152|6785|Barrington, RI

cgolden wrote:

I would guess that I have killed 7 with the knife and three with the defib, but it's more likely that I've been killed 90 times with a knife than only twice.  Likewise, 2 defib deaths sounds reasonable, not 90.
I thought the same thing about my stats until someone asked that question and the answer cleared up everything.  aparently the deaths for the defib is how many times you have died while holding the defib, which makes much more sense then being killed over 140 times with the defib in my case.
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6775

sewermasta324 wrote:

cgolden wrote:

I thought the same thing about my stats until someone asked that question and the answer cleared up everything.  aparently the deaths for the defib is how many times you have died while holding the defib, which makes much more sense then being killed over 140 times with the defib in my case.
That is indeed true.
[OBC]Ben
Hotel California
+0|6782|Oakland, CA
Ive managed to be able to place it right on impulse, its a lot easier now that ive practiced.
DriftX
+0|6776
Go prone, lay right on top of them, and point your crosshair straight down. Makes it easier, because then it's almost a guaranteed revive, even if you get them around their legs.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard