0ne-eyed_joe
Hopper Chore
+14|5922|Lancashire,England
Would any of the enlightened BF2ers out there care to offer, for my worthless n0oB gratitude a little insight into the ways of the Jet haXXor?

Well, what it is ......  I've noticed that enemy ground vehicles stay lit up after enemies leave them but wonder is there any variance from vehicle to vehicle or is it a set period?  And why the fuck do boats light up over islands then go out instantly when back on the wet  stuff!?

Thanks for any info or disdain, whichever you have more of.
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6150|San Antonio, Texas
Well, if you're going in for a bombing run on a vehicle that was just emptied, a bomb should take them all out. They can't get that far.

As for taking out boats, medium Geometry video setting and 100% view distance is a must. Check your rear view and see where they're heading. Most boats don't deviate their path.
geNius
..!.,
+144|6444|SoCal

Cyrax-Sektor wrote:

Well, if you're going in for a bombing run on a vehicle that was just emptied, a bomb should take them all out. They can't get that far. ... Check your rear view and see where they're heading. Most boats don't deviate their path.
/Agree
Rearview is key after dropping bombs; you'll know where they're headed, etc.
https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6747

Cyrax-Sektor wrote:

Well, if you're going in for a bombing run on a vehicle that was just emptied, a bomb should take them all out. They can't get that far.

As for taking out boats, medium Geometry video setting and 100% view distance is a must. Check your rear view and see where they're heading. Most boats don't deviate their path.
High geometry.
Dwit
+34|6512

[CANADA]_Zenmaster wrote:

Cyrax-Sektor wrote:

High geometry.
sux to have crappy computer...
Cyrax-Sektor

[CANADA]_Zenmaster wrote:

Cyrax-Sektor wrote:

High geometry.
I think we all would have that if our comps could handle it. Sadly, mine chokes up at Medium. New laptop this or next year, so no complaints.
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|6001|Aberdeen, Scotland
Also be aware vehicles which have been sitting empty since the start can sometimes be lit as targets.

As these guys have said, use your rearview to check your hits/see what the enemy is up to.

Also practise hitting cars/boats/pretty much anything except tanks with your cannons, it's highly effective and saves you alot of time going back to get bombs

Hell, even strafing tanks can get you kills if you catch the top gunner, but it won't do much damage to the tank itself.

I've noticed boats don't tend to light up when you are in a fighter, but they will if you are in a bomber, and they also give a lock for the laser-guided missile.
san4
The Mas
+311|6690|NYC, a place to live

0ne-eyed_joe wrote:

Would any of the enlightened BF2ers out there care to offer, for my worthless n0oB gratitude a little insight into the ways of the Jet haXXor?

Well, what it is ......  I've noticed that enemy ground vehicles stay lit up after enemies leave them but wonder is there any variance from vehicle to vehicle or is it a set period?  And why the fuck do boats light up over islands then go out instantly when back on the wet  stuff!?

Enemy ground vehicles stay lit up after enemies leave them?
0ne-eyed_joe
Hopper Chore
Thanks everyone for the tips. I got all settings max so I do see the targets quite well.  Sure thing about the bombing though.  I was just curious about the timings.  I love to gun the targets too, I get a quicker kill rate through gunning neutral flags, jeeps, engineers on tools etc. than I do bombing and going home. More fun too if you ask me.

PS  QUOTE San4 :  Enemy ground vehicles stay lit up after enemies leave them?

Dead right!  I love it when an engineer gets out to repair 'cause I failed to kill him with the bombs.  Or a guy is lay next to the IGLA he shot me in the back with!
Just bring her around and strafe 'em! 

Last edited by 0ne-eyed_joe (2008-02-18 14:14:15)

Cyrax-Sektor

san4 wrote:

0ne-eyed_joe wrote:

Enemy ground vehicles stay lit up after enemies leave them?
Yeah for a short time. It's rather deceptive at times, especially if you over lead your target.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6567|England

0ne-eyed_joe wrote:

Spot when going in, if you spot it...enemy vehicle. If you dont, probs not a target. Put guns into it to be sure. Easier with Su34 as the hit indicator appears on it, unlike every other jet.
robcr9
+111|5983
Which Jet has best cannon , because i seem to be able to take out the F-35's on Oman very easily withe either the Mig or Su-

Maybe cos the F-35 has an ass like the face of the earth ?

Or the F-35 pilot doesnt seem to notice im obliterating ( i like that word ) his jet

Last edited by robcr9 (2008-02-18 14:39:04)

MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|6001|Aberdeen, Scotland
Yeah F35 has a massive ass (hitbox ).

Mig/Su34 have a nice crosshair for the cannons afaik they all deal the same damage.

Last edited by MrAnderson (2008-02-18 14:53:05)

0ne-eyed_joe
Hopper Chore

robcr9 wrote:

Which Jet has best cannon , because i seem to be able to take out the F-35's on Oman very easily withe either the Mig or Su-

Maybe cos the F-35 has an ass like the face of the earth ?

Or the F-35 pilot doesnt seem to notice im obliterating ( i like that word ) his jet
Armored Fury ie.  A-10/Q-5/SU-39 guns rule.  SU is probably the most powerfull whilst slowest firing although the faster cannon of the Q-5 is very similar. A few rounds will do massive damage to a jet or light vehicle.  The A-10 has less instant damage but has a huge fire rate.All have splash damage and enough gfx to visually lead the gun on the ground, chase those troops!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard