Ryan
+1,230|6813|Alberta, Canada

http://www.charlieoscardelta.com/sitrep … p;req=view

CharlieOscarDelta wrote:

Great news, Charlie Oscar Delta!

Activision and Infinity Ward report that new global conflicts are planned in the form of downloadable multiplayer maps for the award-winning Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. In development for both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, the upcoming downloadable content will thrust gamers into a hot zone of added combat across a variety of intense multiplayer locales.

"We've demonstrated our commitment to delivering the best multiplayer experience in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and that continues with our plans for new downloadable content," explains Infinity Ward's Community Manager, Robert Bowling aka Fourzerotwo. "We're excited about the new maps, and the added gameplay variety, and we can't wait to wrap things up and get online with everyone."

The new downloadable content is scheduled for release this spring, and will be available on Xbox LIVE and the PlayStation Network.
Don't know if this has been posted before.
This sucks though. They release it for 360 and PS3, but not for PC. Computer games are getting ripped off nowadays, consoles are getting all the hype.

Last edited by Ryan (2008-02-16 11:55:53)

zeidmaan
+234|6385|Vienna

dont worry mate, PC version will have more than enough user made maps. Just like cod2 or CS with its gazillion maps
They will definitely be better than official maps that have to be small and flat.
www.cod4.maps.com  - just one of the sites. You just have to find a good server with a decent community and stick to it.

But I agree its lame to make content for consoles but not the PC.
K3rt6699
+70|6339
quoting the guys from the david blaine spoof vids:

what the effffff, no PC??

Last edited by K3rt6699 (2008-02-16 12:24:56)

Lynx14
+41|5941
Well this is a disappointment =[. I was really hoping for new maps. Friggen consoles and your damn little sticks!!! =P

Edit: Doesn't get released until spring they could still change the maps into PC format or make maps for the PC. I HOPE!!!

Last edited by Lynx14 (2008-02-16 13:46:27)

firebolt5
+114|6125

Lynx14 wrote:

Well this is a disappointment =[. I was really hoping for new maps. Friggen consoles and your damn little sticks!!! =P
We PC users have the mod tools for CoD4 = more custom everything than the consoles will ever get.
Lynx14
+41|5941
Ehh still it would be nice if activison and IW got up off their asses and made a new map. We've only gotten 1 map from them about 2 months ago =/.
firebolt5
+114|6125
Well, making new maps is tough...
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6256|eng

firebolt5 wrote:

Lynx14 wrote:

We PC users have the mod tools for CoD4 = more custom everything than the consoles will ever get.
But an official map will always be played more than modded ones, because of the presence of ranking..
#rekt
Lynx14
+41|5941
It shouldn't take months and months and months to make just 1 new map. Admit it, infinity ward and activison aren't making new maps they are just sitting there and pleasuring the console users... (Yes its meant to sound sexual)
firebolt5
+114|6125

mint-sauce-41 wrote:

firebolt5 wrote:

Lynx14 wrote:

But an official map will always be played more than modded ones, because of the presence of ranking..
...  Unfortunately.  The ranks in CoD4 are nothing because you can get them easily.  At least the modded content area in CoD4 is not as bad in BF2...
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6660|Tampa Bay Florida
lol... I KNEW this would happen

But oh well.  Console people will probably have to pay like 10 bucks to play those maps.  Huge ripoff, considering us PC gamers can download custom maps for free.

I just wish things were the way they were back in vcod/UO.  They had fucking THIRTY maps that came with the stock game.  It is beyond ridiculous how cheap the series has become ever since they started doing consoles.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
We have mods and custom shit. They have prestige and downlodable maps from IW. Seems fair to me. Nothing stopping a modder from just copying the IW maps anyway.

PC gamers bitch too much. Coming from someone who doesn't have a PS3/360 and uses my PC for most games these days.

Maybe that's why Devs don't like PC games, the community are a bunch of elitist assholes most of the time.

Last edited by Mek-Izzle (2008-02-17 02:52:14)

GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6190|Phoenix, AZ
wow, dicks.

But yeah map modding FTW
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6660|Tampa Bay Florida

Mek-Izzle wrote:

We have mods and custom shit. They have prestige and downlodable maps from IW. Seems fair to me. Nothing stopping a modder from just copying the IW maps anyway.

PC gamers bitch too much. Coming from someone who doesn't have a PS3/360 and uses my PC for most games these days.

Maybe that's why Devs don't like PC games, the community are a bunch of elitist assholes most of the time.
I own a 360.  I have played every call of duty game.  A LOT.

The series took a definite turn for the worse when it started going on consoles.
ReTox
+100|6469|State of RETOXification

Lynx14 wrote:

It shouldn't take months and months and months to make just 1 new map. Admit it, infinity ward and activison aren't making new maps they are just sitting there and pleasuring the console users... (Yes its meant to sound sexual)
Have you used the Mod Tools?

Even with a good PC it can take a very long time to compile a map.  You need to compile it to test it and you need to test the map thoroughly before releasing it.  You make changes then need to compile it again.  Change code in your script files and you need to compile it again.  It can easily take months to make a production quality map. 

IW is making maps and I'm pretty sure you'll see those maps make it onto PC soon enough.  They should all be portable.  So, IW isn't pandering to console users, they are giving them their first new content since getting the game.  PC users have had several updates and a new map so I see nothing wrong with the console gamers getting a fair shake, especially when the chance of us PC guys having the same content as consoles eventually is almost 100%.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum

Mek-Izzle wrote:

What he said.

You PC gamers have mod tools and so on, so just make the maps yourselfs.

And since the majority of gamers on this forum always bitch about how you don't care about stats, and only ever use unlocks, you won't give a flying fuck if they aren't ranked, will you?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard