lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/opinio … id=1073373

It appears Valentines Day will now join the ranks of Christmas, Easter, and Halloween as the latest victim of PC in the quest to appease our newest members of our society. But it is OK, our national identities are not affected in any way, just ask anyone.

The march goes on
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6132|North Tonawanda, NY
Pretty goddamn pathetic.

You can't please everyone.  And everyone needs to learn that they can't be pleased all the time.
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6528|Milkystania, yurop
You follow the customs of the country you come to, the country you come to does not have to follow your customs....
jord
+2,382|6680|The North, beyond the wall.
Roses are red, Violets are blue. If you call me your Valentine, my lawyer will sue.

Lol
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6001|...
That's weird because over here in yurop nothing has changed for the past 100 years. (in valentines day and national holidays adapting to the cultures of immigrants)

Last edited by dayarath (2008-02-16 11:57:28)

inane little opines
Stimey
­
+786|6122|Ontario | Canada
These are the times when I start thinking Hitler might have been right.
­
­
­
­
­
­
David.P
Banned
+649|6276

Magpie wrote:

You follow the customs of the country you come to, the country you come to does not have to follow your customs....
Then tell that to the "Radical" Muslims in Europe who want to institute Sharia Law!

And cant wait to see how some other people will try to justify and/or defend this!
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

jord wrote:

Roses are red, Violets are blue. If you call me your Valentine, my lawyer will sue.

Lol
lol, yeah I liked that one as well...
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6528|Milkystania, yurop
My neighbours got offended when i went out to throw the rubbish with just shorts on (their females couldent handle my sexiness so they just looked away), i did say hi to them but they have since then not said hi to me...
irishtop
Hopscotch Champion
+11|6165|Houston, Texas

Magpie wrote:

My neighbours got offended when i went out to throw the rubbish with just shorts on (their females couldent handle my sexiness so they just looked away), i did say hi to them but they have since then not said hi to me...
let them be offended. God damn i hate PC with all of my heart
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA
Well I gotta tell ya, my "paranoid" ass is getting sick of shit like this..........
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6470
Calling it "Valintines day" is very, very PC already. Its real name is "The Feast of Saint Valintine", however I don't know anyone who calls it that.

Last edited by DoctaStrangelove (2008-02-16 12:26:00)

mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6718|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Calling it "Valentines day" is very, very PC already. Its real name is "The Feast of Saint Valentine", however I don't know anyone who calls it that.
Just to add to this, Valentine's Day has become so commercialized that it really has lost any of its religious context, so there really is no reason to change its name.
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6686|West Yorkshire, U.K
This is pathetic! Just somethign to complain about
ghettoperson
+1,943|6651

Who cares? Valentines day is shit.

I'd have thought it more likely that stereotypically overprotective American mothers thought it inappropriate to teach kids about love because that might cause them to have unprotected secks and so piss off God, than Saudi Arabia doesn't like it.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6491|Gogledd Cymru

ghettoperson wrote:

I'd have thought it more likely that stereotypically overprotective American mothers thought it inappropriate to teach kids about love because that might cause them to have unprotected secks and so piss off God, than Saudi Arabia doesn't like it.
Gays don't celebrate Valentines day then?

SEXUALLY ORIENTATED BURN!
ghettoperson
+1,943|6651

The Sheriff wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Gays don't celebrate Valentines day then?

SEXUALLY ORIENTATED BURN!
*burns*
The#1Spot
+105|6541|byah

Stimey wrote:

These are the times when I start thinking Hitler might have been right.
Actually the Musliums wanted to aide Hitler in killing the jews.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6447|The Land of Scott Walker
Fav quote:
Then there’s Saudi Arabia, where it’s simply known as “Day for Public Flogging of Infidels Who Insult Islam.”

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6645
what will Hall Mark do?
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6407|North Carolina
....and we're still allies with Saudi Arabia...   shame on us....

Anyway, what schoolteachers choose to do in the name of PC is their business.  Now, if the government was forcing a ban on Valentine's Day, then that's where the concern should be.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6645

Turquoise wrote:

lets just have all the people we dont like become friends with the saudis instead.  that way, when we have the eventual GDP of myanmar, you would maybe be happy.  then youll have something to complain about.

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2008-02-16 15:05:30)

PureFodder
+225|6287
Lol, why the hell are 4 year olds celebrating valentines day in the first place!?
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6407|North Carolina

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

lets just have all the people we dont like become friends with the saudis instead.  that way, when we have the eventual GDP of myanmar, you would maybe be happy.  then youll have something to complain about.
We gotta own up to one thing or another.

Either we place money and oil over human rights, or we place human rights over those things.

Don't complain about the cultural bullshit of a nation you trade heavily with.  We can't even begin to bitch about Darfur if we still trade with countries like Saudi Arabia or China.

Granted, I too would prefer that we continue to trade with China and Saudi Arabia.  However, I think we should lessen our dependency on both of them.  In the meantime, we can't really play the world's police about human rights and "democracy" as long as we depend on those nations for trade.

I just find threads like this one to be extremely hypocritical.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6645

Turquoise wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

We gotta own up to one thing or another.

Either we place money and oil over human rights, or we place human rights over those things.

Don't complain about the cultural bullshit of a nation you trade heavily with.  We can't even begin to bitch about Darfur if we still trade with countries like Saudi Arabia or China.

Granted, I too would prefer that we continue to trade with China and Saudi Arabia.  However, I think we should lessen our dependency on both of them.  In the meantime, we can't really play the world's police about human rights and "democracy" as long as we depend on those nations for trade.

I just find threads like this one to be extremely hypocritical.
and a puppy for all!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard