viper313
One Shot, One Kill
+53|6634|Minnesota
I want to get a new game for PS3. I was thinking about cod4 but not sure what type of gameplay it is.  Im looking for a game like BF2 (as in take the flag type not a store line).  I have Blacksite : Area 51 and it was good but it is a story line type of game so it was pretty short. The online part is good but it's just running around shooting at each other, not goal to achieve.  I would like something more online based. Is Cod4 like that?  Also, is Resistance : Fall of man any good and does it have an online feature?
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6739|The United Center
COD4.

There are multiple gametypes.  Bomb this, bomb that, defend flags...
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6455|Tyne & Wear, England
Get CoD4 and add me.  Resistance is more of a SP game IMO, whereas CoD4 although has an awesome SP, I got most fun from the multiplayer.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
viper313
One Shot, One Kill
+53|6634|Minnesota

KILLSWITCH wrote:

Get CoD4 and add me.  Resistance is more of a SP game IMO, whereas CoD4 although has an awesome SP, I got most fun from the multiplayer.
Add you?  I don't even now your name.  We havn't even gone out to hang yet and you want me to add you?  JK

Add you in the game or on ps3.  You have the same name ingame?
firebolt5
+114|6147
To me, I don't think you would want to play CoD4.  In Domination (kinda like BF2 conquest mode), people just run around shooting and killing each other not really taking objectives/flags.  I'm not saying "omg cod4 sux" because I play it and from your playing style, it just seems like you wouldn't like the game.

Last edited by firebolt5 (2008-02-15 17:41:00)

viper313
One Shot, One Kill
+53|6634|Minnesota

firebolt5 wrote:

To me, I don't think you would want to play CoD4.  In Domination (kinda like BF2 conquest mode), people just run around shooting and killing each other not really taking objectives/flags.  I'm not saying "omg cod4 sux" because I play it and from your playing style, it just seems like you wouldn't like the game.
Ok, well that wouldn't be bad.  Do you have another game suggestion?
vpyroman
Aeon Supreme commander
+16|6609|UCF
You could always wait for Battlefield Bad Company
viper313
One Shot, One Kill
+53|6634|Minnesota

vpyroman wrote:

You could always wait for Battlefield Bad Company
Just checked out the trailer on EA.  Looks pretty sweet.  Have they said what the release date is yet?  The trailer just says 2008.
CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6500
Cod4
viper313
One Shot, One Kill
+53|6634|Minnesota
EA Loses $33M on Record Q3 Revenue
Delays are announced for Battlefield: Bad Company and Mercenaries 2.
by Ryan Geddes
January 31, 2008 - Electronic Arts reported a net loss of $33 million in its third fiscal quarter, although the publisher's net revenue hit the $1.5 billion mark - the largest in EA's history and up 17 percent over the same period last year.

Those numbers were driven largely by sales of Need For Speed: Pro Street (the publisher's best-selling title of the quarter), FIFA 08, Rock Band, The Simpsons Game, Madden NFL 08, The Sims 2 Castaway and NBA Live 08. EA's third fiscal quarter spans October through December.

The company also announced that Battlefield: Bad Company and Mercenaries 2: World in Flames have been delayed until EA's 2009 fiscal year, which begins in April and runs through March 2009. The latter game was scheduled for an August 2008 release, and the former was set for June.

On a conference call that accompanied EA's earnings statement, Riccitiello said both games are "looking great" but "need polish."

"This was a record revenue quarter for EA and the single biggest revenue quarter for any third party publisher in our industry," said EA CEO John Riccitiello. "While we are disappointed that two titles slipped out of the March quarter, Burnout Paradise is off to a terrific start and we are looking forward to the upcoming launches of Army of Two and FIFA Street 3."

Despite recent speculation by analysts that Will Wright's Spore has been delayed yet again, EA didn't directly address the upcoming games current release schedule, saying only that the ambitious sim will be released before this year's holiday season

Soooooooo, we have to wait over a year for a game that was supposed to release in June.  Fucked over by EA again!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard