Yes, Poorly, I stall all the time4%4% - 9
No, I don't know how12%12% - 25
I can't/don't Drive7%7% - 15
Total: 198
Polux
H@x ?? No, just skill baby !
+73|6654|I smell corners

SenorToenails wrote:

[  You put the key in, turn it on, put in in gear, and go.  You only need to pay attention to the gas and brake, no clutch.
For me that's not driving, I prefer having as much control of the car as possible. Of all the cars I've driven, all manual of course none would have been so much fun with an automatic gear box. I did try my grandfather's car which is a Audi A4 automatic, it's just to boring to drive.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6583|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

automatic is for retarded people...
Die in a fire please.

DrunkFace wrote:

Roger Lesboules wrote:

Still havent learned to drive manual...prefer automatic over manual anyway.
You wont when you learn how. A manual gives you much better feel and control of the car.
Might be true in most cases, but not with my car. They just are not made to be manual.

PvtStPoK wrote:

Roger Lesboules wrote:

Still havent learned to drive manual...prefer automatic over manual anyway.
ta pas idée combien mieux c'est l'hiver.  bien meilleure traction et control dans neige.
Humm, peut etre pour la plus part des chars, mais le mien est juste pas faite pour etre manuel,pis i run parfait dans neige meme en étant auto.

SenorToenails wrote:

Polux wrote:

I don't undestand how someone can drive a car with an automatic gear box...
What's so hard to understand?  You put the key in, turn it on, put in in gear, and go.  You only need to pay attention to the gas and brake, no clutch.
Like Senor said, Peace of mind, i like it, put it in "D" and go, no worry about clutch and stalling.

Last edited by Roger Lesboules (2008-02-15 09:01:35)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6650
jacques costeau marseille vichy petan degaul oui oui com ci com ca tre bien merci et vous napoleon
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6638|Finland

I'm having issues with automatics. It takes me a minute to remember that "No, it's not the clutch, it's an oversized brake pedal".

Stick. Iz da shit.
I need around tree fiddy.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

jacques costeau marseille vichy petan degaul oui oui com ci com ca tre bien merci et vous napoleon
Are you trying to make fun of french? Because your failing at it And btw that's french from france your "speaking" here, we dont speak that retarded shit up here in canada.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6650

Roger Lesboules wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Are you trying to make fun of french? Because your failing at it And btw that's french from france your "speaking" here, we dont speak that retarded shit up here in canada.
oh ya, you betcha, what are you talking aboot. eh?  go hockey.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6638|Finland

Roger Lesboules wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

What he's trying to say is that this forum is English speaking only.

Sometimes I feel that the rules need to be pounded into peoples' heads with a banhammer.
Polux
H@x ?? No, just skill baby !
+73|6654|I smell corners
I thought this was an English only forum !
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!

DonFck wrote:

Roger Lesboules wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

What he's trying to say is that this forum is English speaking only.

Sometimes I feel that the rules need to be pounded into peoples' heads with a banhammer.
No need to pound that into my head with a banhammer, just say it if you dont want it
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6656
ya
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Roger Lesboules wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

oh ya, you betcha, what are you talking aboot. eh?  go hockey.
For your information, only english speaking people in canada goes Eh! all the time, we laugh at em
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6638|Finland

Roger Lesboules wrote:

No need to pound that into my head with a banhammer, just say it if you dont want it

Rules wrote:

Post in English, or as close as you can reasonably get.
And you've been here 661 days.

Enough OT, back on topic.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6229|Escea

I'm gonna start learning soon, but I've messed around with the gears in the car before when it was stationary. Here in the UK you learn in manual, in usually a hatchback (compact), yet to see a large learner driver car.
Richard2000
Banned
+39|6551|England

madmurre wrote:

Richard2000 wrote:

my own car is manual transmission and when i goto work i drive a van that is manual transmission
i think manual transmission is a lot better than automatic
automatics is for lazy drivers that dont know shit
Not really imagine living in a great city lets say LA for instance where you might be in traffic jams for hours a day driving back and forth to work. Then it´s pretty convenient.
like i say automatics is for LAZY DRIVERS
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|6005|Aberdeen, Scotland
Well it does make sense to avoid learning in a large car, so you have better visibility and don't have to squeeze through tight spaces so often

What do you mean you messed around with the gears? .....
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|6005|Aberdeen, Scotland

Richard2000 wrote:

like i say automatics is for LAZY DRIVERS
I'm sure we brits can't imagine what it's like to sit in LA traffic tbh...but then if the yanks weren't lazy maybe there'd be less cars on the road
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6005|The Mitten

DonFck wrote:

I'm having issues with automatics. It takes me a minute to remember that "No, it's not the clutch, it's an oversized brake pedal".

Stick. Iz da shit.

...yea, that's not good.

But as someone who learned on an auto, regularly drives an auto, manuals aren't a problem for me. Half the time, when I drive one, I don't even realize that I'm shifting. I'll be in conversation with someone and just driving like normal. Shifting is, and becomes, second nature.
EE (hats

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard