Yes, I can get around but still have problems4%4% - 9
Yes, Poorly, I stall all the time4%4% - 9
No, I don't know how12%12% - 25
I can't/don't Drive7%7% - 15
Total: 198
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6474|Communist Republic of CA, USA
Basically, do you know how to drive using a Manual Transmission?  One of my proudest moments was when I feel I had finally gotten it down.

This can also be a Manual vs Automatic Debate thread.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6640
funny how you post something about transmissions at the exact same time that I start a thread about my transmission going to shit.
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

funny how you post something about transmissions at the exact same time that I start a thread about my transmission going to shit.
Hive Mind.
Klinka-Klinko
NIKE Swoosh
+101|6216|cs_connecticut‬‭
I tried my dad's transmission once, I was decent. I can't drive yet though.
Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6646|Keyboard
Yes and have worked as a manual transmission instructor before.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6564|Mountains of NC

no problem, I started on my dads '84 f-150 when I was 10 .... 18 years of driving and I luv sticks
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6573|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Still havent learned to drive manual...prefer automatic over manual anyway.
jsnipy
+3,276|6518|...

"Yes, Without Issue/Problems"
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6563|NYC / Hamburg

Manuals are easy to drive. I own an automatic though. I'm too lazy to change gear all the time. Plus I can always switch into semi-auto mode to have direct control over the gears

Last edited by max (2008-02-14 17:22:08)

once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
Manuals are fun, but I agree that an automatic can be less frustrating, at least in traffic.  I suppose it's good because it keeps my mind from wandering.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6839|Reykjavík, Iceland.
You have to take your driver's exam on a manual here, and yes.
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War

PBAsydney wrote:

You have to take your driver's exam on a manual here, and yes.
That actually sound's like a really good idea.  Everyone should know how to.
Hy$t3RiA
Pocket Rocket
+5|6395|Blighty
Yeah no dramas but thats not uncommon over here, you can take your test in a auto but its not really done that much tbh.
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6737|OctoLand
yep
I know fucking karate
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
Directed at sydney & Hysteria:

Do they provide the cars for you? or do you have to use your own, like in the USA.
cospengle
+140|6483|Armidale, NSW, Australia
I learned on a manual. It's not realy as difficult as some people make out, but I guess it depends where you're trying to learn (I suggest a quiet area).
max
Vela Incident

Major.League.Infidel wrote:

Do they provide the cars for you? or do you have to use your own, like in the USA.
You usually do the test on the car you learned to drive in with your driving schoon
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6444

Well, I am currently learning( I had around 30 lessons till now). At the start, I used to stall the car all the time. Now, I do it every now and then. The driving instructor goes mental when I do it.

Last edited by r'Eeee (2008-02-14 17:38:38)

max
Vela Incident

r'Eeee wrote:

Well, I am currently learning( I had around 30 lessons till now). At the start, I used to stall the car all the time. Now, I do it every now and then. The driving instructor goes mental when I do it.
don't be a afraid to rev the engine when you put in a gear. Especially on the little engines they put in the cars you do the test on.

On the car I did my test on, the stupid thing would stall @ full throttle in 1st gear when going up steep mountains if the air conditioning was on

Last edited by max (2008-02-14 17:42:37)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6597|132 and Bush

I did professionally for years... at night, driving a two ton truck, down the streets of south Tampa (where the cars are spaced inches apart). There comes a time where you just have to close your eyes and go.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6839|Reykjavík, Iceland.

max wrote:

You usually do the test on the car you learned to drive in with your driving schoon
Same here.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6441|The Land of Scott Walker
Nope, learned on an automatic and owned all automatics.  Living in the Midwest I want to concentrate on the road, not what gear I'm in.
max
Vela Incident

PBAsydney wrote:

max wrote:

Same here.
It's that way pretty much in all of Europe I think
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6376|MN

Roger Lesboules wrote:

Still havent learned to drive manual...prefer automatic over manual anyway.
Doesn't make sense. 

Manuals are more fun for me and a little better gas mileage too.

I have autos because my wife doesn't drive sticks and I like to eat when I drive .

Last edited by LividBovine (2008-02-14 17:46:37)

"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War

max wrote:

PBAsydney wrote:

max wrote:

Same here.
It's that way pretty much in all of Europe I think
Oh, here in California you use your own (well most likely your parents) car.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard