BlackLegion42
Damn Command and Conquer Generals...
+62|6736|Rochester, NY

Cons: Technology Sucked (Pentium 133!) Plane Crashes (Sigh) Felt not very modern. (I was 6 too! )

Pros: Olympics and that is it.

Cons: None at the moment (Only January 3rd!)

Pros: Technology Good (AMD Athlon 64 FX-57!)

Last edited by BlackLegion42 (2006-01-03 15:32:50)

SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6791|Perth, Western Australia

Cons: No computer (but hey, I was 6, so what the hell)

Pros: Eric Cantona was still playing for Manchester, and Manchester was still good

Cons: Shitty ass computer

Pros: Getting good computer next week!

Side note: Do you think we will loom back in 10 years on the bf3s.com website and in the 2016 vs 2006 thread post that technology sucked now?
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6847|Cologne, Germany

can't remember 1996, except for some very bad music ( eurodance ) and also some very good music ( punk, grunge, etc. ). But I had my first G/F, so I guess that's a good thing...

2006: what the hell do I know, it's only January 3rd...

wait, there is one thing: Germany winning the world cup, of course..
PinkSugarHeartAttack
Sailor Mini Moon
+0|6734
1996:

Well. I was 13, and I'm sad to say most of it is a drunken blur.

2006:

I've already gotten to tell my sister where to stuff her opinions, and got some nude pictures messaged to my phone by some random girl. It was a wrong number, already the best day of the year.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6777|AUS, Canberra
1996   last year of school
          shaged alot of chicks
          didnt have to get up early for work
          got pissed and stoned alot.

havnt done anything yet

i think we have a clear winner
Locarno
Boom!Headshot?
+2|6847|Scotland!

Pros : I was 7, life was sweet.  Games like Street Fighter, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage and Sonic (to name but a few) were top of the list for games.  It wasn't about the graphics, it was about the games.
Back then, you used to think you were hardcore for staying past your bed time of 10pm.  Rock on, those were the days.  Rangers were winning the league , going for their 9 in a row.   I didn't have a PC (only mega-drive.. Not sure if PS1 was out then.  Which means I actually went OUTSIDE... Something I don't do much these days, except at night.  I suppose that was a good thing.
Oh and NEDs (chavs, townies, scum) weren't around yet, so life was peaceful.  And "text-speak" was yet to be invented.  SO we didn't get noobs running around going "wot r u doon 2nite m8??!?1/?11/!?!/11one".  It was a good life.

Cons : As good as the naievity (sp) of a 7 year old is... I was still a noob, (show me a 7 y-o that isn't) and you couldn't enjoy the better freedoms of life, such as drinking...Driving (not at the same time)..and ofcourse, sex.  Then again..is this really such a con?  I'm fairly sure when I was 7 I didn't care about such things.

Pros : I'm 17.  I've had my fair share of chicks.  Games have better graphics.  I can do all the things mentioned above, and have a great life with my mates.  Graphics are good, PCs are great, and I don't have a 28.8k modem any more.

Cons : Games are too focused on the graphics than being a pwnage game.  Drinking is bad.  Very bad.  School sucks, it's getting like...taxing, might start having to use my brain.  I have to work now... Nothing is spoon fed and provided to me like before.

MAAAAAAAAAAN, bring back 1996... or even better...1994!

P.S... Teh winnar?

Last edited by Locarno (2006-01-03 04:07:00)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6722
1996: pwned d00m when i was 5, PC's were crap

2006: new cooling for my PC, great way to start a new year, PC's kick ass now
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6819

Pros - Young and fun
Cons - Didnt know it yet but Tupac got shot

Pros - Lots of fun for hols
Cons - Last year of school - hard
Sh1fty2k5
MacSwedish
+113|6716|Sweden
Pros - Didnt know it yet but Tupac got shot
Cons - i was like 7..

Pros - My comp roxx
Cons - Last year of school - hard
Erkut.hv
+124|6741|California
I can't remember 1996. Out of HS for 2 years, just got back from Arizona and into the job Market.

2006: Started off very very good, and only looks to get better. And I'm not talking about badges and ribbons kiddies.
S4INT05
+1|6736|79605, TX

Sh1fty2k5 wrote:

Pros - Didnt know it yet but Tupac got shot
lmfaolmfaoaaaaaahahahahhah!!!! oh god...was biggie the same year?

1996 - just moved into sweetwater, TX, and it snowed 18" which was pretty cool, west texas dosen't get much snow

cons - i was in the 4th grade, and that seemed like the longest school year ever.

2006- been a drunken haze so far, got a keg of Dos Equis over here and it's treating me good.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6781|Noizyland

I was eight at the start of 1996. I remember my best friends grandfather saying to me "Incredible isn't it? only four more years untill the year 2000." I seem to always use that as my yardstick to see how much time has passed. Ten years. Holy fuck.

1996: Was still at crappy local primary school.

2006: Going to be a first year at Uni. Should be interesting.

Edit: Biggie was killed in April 1997.

Last edited by Tyferra (2006-01-03 15:29:45)

[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
philbymaris2
+2|6712
fuck some of you are so young....

well what can i remember about 1996..... i was 17 back then, almost 18... so i was smoking weed, drinking alot, shagging more often then not, surfing basically everyday, school i couldnt have cared less about...and the world generally was pretty mean.

2006.... well im 27 now, working, looking after my own family, no longer drinking or smoking weed, not surfing cause i dont live close enough to the surf, and the world well it hasnt changed much aside from everyone has to be soooo politcally correct,
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6819
Fuck politically correct but you're just a dumb cunt.
vedds
+52|6761|Christchurch New Zealand

Greenie_Beazinie wrote:

I have seen about 4 posts by you tonight and 3 of them are just you abusing people with no other constructive comment. why dont you just grow up? (waits for abuse)

Pro: 1st super 12 Rugby, All Blacks win series in South Africa
con: My 486 dx4 100 hopelessly obsolete

Pro: 1st Super 14 Rugby, All Blacks to beat everybody (Again)
Con: My P4 2.4 hopelessly obsolete

not much has changed
Salomi
+0|6699
1996:
Pros....   Jr. Year of high school.  So stoned I dont remember much else of 96
Cons...   Jr. Year of high school.  So stoned I dont remember much else of 96

2006:
Pros.... Finally out of the military after 7 years.  I have a son who is 9 months old who is healthy and beautiful.  Finished Fire fighting school...  The weed is definatley better now days and I can get stoned and play BF2!!! 

Cons....  I turn 27 this year.    I moved from California to Virginia   I hate Virginia!
philbymaris2
+2|6712

Greenie_Beazinie wrote:

and what make me a dumb cunt greenie? cant i express my own opinion without self rightous idiots like yourself expressing half witted comments.....
JON.ANTONSSON
+51|6698|Sweden
1996 - I was 10 years old and life was much more simple. Play with Lego and play "Cannon Fodder" and "Super Frog" on the Amiga all day. And school was easy and fun.

2006 - Soon 20 years old and life have become much more boring. Shool has ended (fells good and sad). Dont know what to work with. I´m music-interested and play guitar all day now instead. Mabye want to do anything about that.......
philbymaris2
+2|6712
good luck with the guitar, but unless your an absolute wizz with it, i doubt it will become much more than just a hobbie, i had those dreams too, ive been playing for about 7 years now, i would say if ya want some advice to go with something accadenmic, that will get you far in life without to much strain on your body. but at the end of the day your life, just make sure you are happy with your decisions.
pedigreeuk
I'm English, not British!
+113|6777|Rotherham, England

B.Schuss wrote:

wait, there is one thing: Germany winning the world cup, of course..
Ha Ha Ha, god that comments made my day, thanx
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6819

vedds wrote:

Greenie_Beazinie wrote:

I have seen about 4 posts by you tonight and 3 of them are just you abusing people with no other constructive comment. why dont you just grow up? (waits for abuse)
I've been abusing philbymaris in my 3 posts. Look at his profile and post history and you'll see why.
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6819

philbymaris2 wrote:

Greenie_Beazinie wrote:

and what make me a dumb cunt greenie? cant i express my own opinion without self rightous idiots like yourself expressing half witted comments.....
Because you're racist.

Last edited by Greenie_Beazinie (2006-01-05 04:01:23)

ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6708
How was he racist? It's true! At school it's no longer "the blackboard" it's the "chalk board". Are you going to call me racist? I come from Birmingham (didn't pick up accent though!) and have many muslim and black friends!

Stupid comments like that just show everyone exactly what you're like.

1 4m t3h 1337 I-I4x0rz!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard