xGj
Official lame Crysis fanboy.
+84|6389|Netherlands tbh

Nappy wrote:

nice uniform too lol
Reminds me of Reno 911, lol.
This cop obviously is an immature asshole, who's got some serious troubles in his own life. Must've been spanked a bit too much by his father in his early years or something..
02fxnmaurer
+75|6500|Birmingham UK
i would of lost my temper tbh ...notice at the end he goes ...

"you got that camera on ?.... cause if" .........i find myself on youtube

haha fuckin idiot
mikkel
+383|6619

Stingray24 wrote:

Perhaps the little "dude" should learn his place and call people in authority "sir".  Disrespect an officer by not addressing him in a respectful manner and you're going to get on his bad side.
So what you're saying is that, as a citizen, he should "learn his place" and submit to the people that are paid by the people to uphold the law? You're seriously suggesting that people should show their utmost respect or warrant getting on the "bad side" of the people charged with protecting these same people?

Man, any dictator would love obedient little people like you walking around their streets.

Last edited by mikkel (2008-02-14 11:29:57)

rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6578

mikkel wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Perhaps the little "dude" should learn his place and call people in authority "sir".  Disrespect an officer by not addressing him in a respectful manner and you're going to get on his bad side.
So what you're saying is that, as a citizen, he should "learn his place" and submit to the people that are paid by the people to uphold the law? You're seriously suggesting that people should show their utmost respect or warrant getting on the "bad side" of the people charged with protecting these same people?

Man, any dictator would love obedient little people like you walking around their streets.
No, hes saying as a citizen respect your authority and dont think you have a right to disrespect someone who risks harm to protect your dumb lil ass. And whats wrong with obedient ppl? You rather have anarchy and everyone doing whatever the fuck they want. What are you a lil street thug?
Soldier-Of-Wasteland
Mephistopheles
+40|6673|Land of the Very Cold
I would have had so much fum with this cop, trying to drive him to his limits without doing anything wrong hehe.
mikkel
+383|6619

rawls2 wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

No, hes saying as a citizen respect your authority and dont think you have a right to disrespect someone who risks harm to protect your dumb lil ass. And whats wrong with obedient ppl? You rather have anarchy and everyone doing whatever the fuck they want. What are you a lil street thug?
No, what he's saying is to "know your place" and call people in authority "sir". There's absolutely no obligation to do any of these. The only difference between yourself and a police officer is that the officer is paid to be courteous, civil, and to uphold the law.

What's wrong with obedience towards abuse of authority? In a supposedly free society, everything.

Am I a "street thug"? No, I'm a thinking individual. Someone who likes to be a bit more nuanced than to think that you're either obedient or anarchist. You seemingly aren't, though, so I'm not going to try to impress anything on you that has more to it than a binary condition.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6148|North Tonawanda, NY

mikkel wrote:

No, what he's saying is to "know your place" and call people in authority "sir". There's absolutely no obligation to do any of these. The only difference between yourself and a police officer is that the officer is paid to be courteous, civil, and to uphold the law.

What's wrong with obedience towards abuse of authority? In a supposedly free society, everything.
Exactly.
Soldier-Of-Wasteland
Mephistopheles
It's because there are two types of cops. The good one who are just like normal people and do their job in a friendly and positive manner, and the obnoxious fuck who thinks he has the power to do anything and being the worst bitch you'll ever come across. I have lots of respect for the good cops, but none for the one who abuses of authority.
David.P
Banned
+649|6291

Soldier-Of-Wasteland wrote:

It's because there are two types of cops. The good one who are just like normal people and do their job in a friendly and positive manner, and the obnoxious fuck who thinks he has the power to do anything and being the worst bitch you'll ever come across. I have lots of respect for the good cops, but none for the one who abuses of authority.
Good cap, Bad cap, Worse cop, Fat cop, Asshole cop.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6148|North Tonawanda, NY

Then there are those obnoxious punks who think they need to treat all authority like garbage.  I had friends in high school who used to bitch about "pigs" who towed their car or "harassed" them or whatever.  The kid got his car towed for being parked illegally in the street for several days.  And they got "harassed" for fighting, trespassing, etc...
Soldier-Of-Wasteland
Mephistopheles

SenorToenails wrote:

Then there are those obnoxious punks who think they need to treat all authority like garbage.  I had friends in high school who used to bitch about "pigs" who towed their car or "harassed" them or whatever.  The kid got his car towed for being parked illegally in the street for several days.  And they got "harassed" for fighting, trespassing, etc...
That too. What I like is to watch one of those punks get arrested by a friendly cop who is totally having fun with them.
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6497|Somewhere else

SenorToenails wrote:

That too. What I like is to watch one of those punks get arrested by a friendly cop who is totally having fun with them.
Seen it actually, laughed my ass off.  That shit cop could have handled it entirely different, and actually enjoyed fucknig with those kids.

"You disrespected this badge"  What a total fuck.
jord
+2,382|6696|The North, beyond the wall.
Video aint working.
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6727|Charlie One Alpha

Vilham wrote:

It seems to me you dont know your own laws. The police can impound your property whenever you break a law with it.
No. If you run a red light, the cops cannot impound your car. If you drive while using a cellphone, they can give you a fine but they cannot take your car or your phone. Idiot.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6504|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
The kid is lucky he didn't get pepper sprayed. I have seen this one before, maybe the Officer did over react a tad, but we only see a small section of the video. Who is to say that those kids were just minding their own business and skateboarding? You can do alot with video editing equipment these days, we have guys on this site that can take videos and edit them to their liking.

One: You act like a fucking punk, you get treated like a punk.

Two: Do we know that the kid didn't have a father, or was he being a smartass?

And to all those on this site that say, "The cops lucky that I wasn't their because I would kick his ass!!" No you wouldn't. Striking a Police Officer is a felony that they will come after you with and WIN.

I was in jail not that long ago. I was like yes sir, no sir. I got let out on O.R. not bail. The ones that think they are tough and mouth off get fucked up and spend the weekend their.

Last edited by SgtHeihn (2008-02-14 12:28:42)

SgtHeihn
Should have ducked

LaidBackNinja wrote:

Vilham wrote:

It seems to me you dont know your own laws. The police can impound your property whenever you break a law with it.
No. If you run a red light, the cops cannot impound your car. If you drive while using a cellphone, they can give you a fine but they cannot take your car or your phone. Idiot.
If a item is used in a CRIMINAL act they can. If they were using the skateboards in acts of vandalism the cop can take them. We don't know the whole story with this video and never will.

P.S. A cop can impound your vehicle for running a red light, that is reckless driving. They don't because it is a lot of paper work.

Edit: A cop can impound your car if you are going 15-20mph also.

Last edited by SgtHeihn (2008-02-14 12:34:55)

LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6727|Charlie One Alpha

SgtHeihn wrote:

LaidBackNinja wrote:

Vilham wrote:

If a item is used in a CRIMINAL act they can. If they were using the skateboards in acts of vandalism the cop can take them. We don't know the whole story with this video and never will.

P.S. A cop can impound your vehicle for running a red light, that is reckless driving. They don't because it is a lot of paper work.

Maybe where you come from.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked

LaidBackNinja wrote:

SgtHeihn wrote:

LaidBackNinja wrote:

Maybe where you come from.
You need to check your laws then.
IRONCHEF
+385|6508|Northern California
I see two things here...

The cop was absolutely justified in doing what he did...confront the boy, take his skateboard, order him to be seated, request his attention, demand respect, etc.

The unjustified part was some of his language and threats.  The physical "assault" on the boy to gain his skateboard cannot be seen clearly and that could be justified or unjustified based on the boy's reaction when the cop went for him or his skateboard.  I"m assuming the same law exists there that it does here in CA that a cop can take a skateboard from someone skating illegally.

Yes, he was a prick, but the "general" part of the cop's lesson was a valuable service to both the boy, and the community the boy lives in.  Did he learn a lesson?  Who knows.  But I bet when he get's pulled over, he won't be a mumbling little prick to the cop asking for his license and registration.

And yes, we ARE required to comply with police commands which denotes respecting their duties..which includes verbal exchange, documentation, evidence, etc.

Finally, yes, I agree with the outcome...suspension with pay.

Last edited by IRONCHEF (2008-02-14 12:44:02)

ATC
+58|6762|...
yeah saw it on fox this mornign.its just sad.=\
Commie Killer
+192|6404

nukchebi0 wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

When you have to deal with back-talking, selfish, immature, and disrespectful idiots like the police officer does, he is going to snap eventually. it's not like he was power tripping; he was sick of dealing with pathetic excuses for people.

Honestly, everyone who hates the cop for this probably fits int he above described demographic. Sorry, but that is the only kind of person who hate the cop so much for doing what he did.
You could also be one of the people who havent realized what life and people are like yet....
You as int he people I referred to, or me.
Not you.
mikkel
+383|6619

dark110 wrote:

mikkel wrote:

rawls2 wrote:

Am I a "street thug"? No, I'm a thinking individual. Someone who likes to be a bit more nuanced than to think that you're either obedient or anarchist. You seemingly aren't, though, so I'm not going to try to impress anything on you that has more to it than a binary condition.
No your wrong, The kid is undeage, he has NO, repeat NO, rights in this society. You librals are so full of crap. Police officers are not paid to be courteous and civil. there are there  to uphold the law. The officer acted in an manner that was in his best and correct judgment. You dont know what happend before and after the camra was turened on and off.
Where in the constitution does it say that citizens under the age of 18 have no rights in society? Nowhere. Know why? Because the people who wrote it weren't mentally absent enough to carry a train of thought that absurd. You can tell kids to get off your lawn, but they have the same basic rights as citizens as you do. You aren't better than them. You're the same.

You're calling me a liberal because I don't bend over to authority and take it up the ass regardless of the situation? If anyone's a pussy here, I know who it is. Police officers are most -certainly- paid to be courteous and civil. Being a police officer is as much about law enforcement as it is about -public service-. That's why they're called public -servants-.

I don't need to know what happened before or after the camera was turned off, because what happens when the camera is on is completely unacceptable behaviour regardless of the situation. As an officer, you're required to be above the assholes you inevitably encounter every day. If you can't do that, you aren't qualified to have the job. His judgement was far from correct, and if that's the best he can do, he's neither fit to protect nor to serve.

dark110 wrote:

The world will show respect to athourity. You will listen to the laws. You will be dealt with harshly otherwise. Anything else is bullshit.
You're cowering behind an argument that doesn't hold up. No one is saying that the kid wasn't a retard, and no one is advocating the breaking of any laws. Nothing, however, gives the officer the right to act the way he did. Absolutely nothing. Being "dealt with harshly" for breaking any law, regardless of severity, is something they practice in a lot of places all around the world. Thankfully, the United States isn't officially one of them. I'm sure you'd have more fun in places where they chop off the hands of shoplifters, considering your obedient ranting.

This is a world full of humans, not a world full of anonymous subjects to be controlled with an iron fist. You may feel good about bending to your master regardless of what he throws at you, but we need to accomodate the free thinkers, too.

Last edited by mikkel (2008-02-14 13:30:06)

.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6471|The Twilight Zone
Lets rape the cop! Whos with me??
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Home
Section.80
+447|6865|Seattle, Washington, USA

dark110 wrote:

Free thinkers need to be put in prision, that will give them time to THINK about their ideas.
Well, if you want a society like that you'll have to go somewhere else. Perhaps Soviet Russia or Nazi Germany?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6618|132 and Bush

Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard