M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6236|Escea

Real sorry about missing tonight's session lads, bloody electrics company was doing checks on the substation so power's been off since early afternoon and now I've got to do some revision for Monday, if anyone can we can try tomorrow night but that depends on numbers.

Sorry about that.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6579|England

Possibly can make it 2nite, gota be up at 4am for work 2moro, so Im not gona be up late tonight
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6236|Escea

http://files.filefront.com/Helofirefigh … einfo.html

Audio update of the original helo firefight, still requires some refining like.

And another part,

http://files.filefront.com/Devil+Dogswm … einfo.html

Last edited by M.O.A.B (2008-06-18 11:25:57)

Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6579|England

That is MUCH better. The part just before the BH in the second vid was simply amazing.

Sounds on the BH, the rocket scream and the "caution" were brilliant.
Seriously, thats more like it. Sounds are amazing and it really immersed me more into it, especially that gunfight just before my BH minigun ownage

The "distance firefight" in the second vid could do with a lil "distance" effect added to make it sound more in the distance...some of it sounds nearby.

Oh, and death screams at last!!

Keep it up!! The end is in sight
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6325

I think the Devil Dogs one would look better if the ending was in slow motion. The gunfire on top of the slow music just doesn't sound right.

Nice editing though and nice mini-gunning there Snake

BTW...what is the name of that slow song. I've been meaning to look for it.

Last edited by ebug9 (2008-06-18 12:35:05)

Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6421|Somersetshire
I can't wait for the feature length movie, looks awsome
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6286
Thats ridiculously awesome

keep up the good work gary,thats the stuff we want to see! +1
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6426|Belgium
Nicely done! The pieces of the puzzle are starting to fit perfectly

And I agree with Snake on this

Snake wrote:

The "distance firefight" in the second vid could do with a lil "distance" effect added to make it sound more in the distance...some of it sounds nearby.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6579|England

ebug9 wrote:

Denez Prigent - Gortoz A Ran, from the BHD soundtrack.

In fact, just watched it again...ricochet sounds from bullets hitting the buildings etc would really spice that up. I did notice some during the clips though

Last edited by Snake (2008-06-19 09:49:59)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6236|Escea

Snake wrote:

ebug9 wrote:

In fact, just watched it again...ricochet sounds from bullets hitting the buildings etc would really spice that up. I did notice some during the clips though
I need to see if I can find any, can't seem to locate the one I had of the metal and need some others like bullets hitting dirt, mud, concrete etc. Anybody got these I could use?
Metal-Eater-GR
+490|6286

M.O.A.B wrote:

Snake wrote:

ebug9 wrote:

I need to see if I can find any, can't seem to locate the one I had of the metal and need some others like bullets hitting dirt, mud, concrete etc. Anybody got these I could use?
That sound folder ive sent ya?Yeah,it has loads of these stuff.Check it out
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6236|Escea

Metal-Eater-GR wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Snake wrote:

That sound folder ive sent ya?Yeah,it has loads of these stuff.Check it out
no worries, found some sounds for tinkling shells, impacts, footsteps, bullets whipping past etc.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6236|Escea

Metal-Eater-GR
+490|6286
Very nice,very nice!But what the fuck with the vodniks,they sound like friggin tanks lol!

Apart from that,nice camera angles.

one more thing though,I hope there was some storyline in these scenes ,because they really arent connected.Just good guys killing teh bad guys.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6236|Escea

Metal-Eater-GR wrote:

Very nice,very nice!But what the fuck with the vodniks,they sound like friggin tanks lol!

Apart from that,nice camera angles.

one more thing though,I hope there was some storyline in these scenes ,because they really arent connected.Just good guys killing teh bad guys.
Oh there is, link occurs at the end of the first part. The guys they kill are like the main MEC guys involved in the first episode.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6579|England

Awesome Im surprised that the same music has been used as the "BH SAR" scene, thought you might have used something different?

First up...new scenes, never seen before. Loved em! I remember the Sharqi one sitting in that damn boat for like 45mins whilst somebody couldnt headshot the Colonel

Thoughts:
1) Sounds on the boat engines are meh, and offtime as they exit the carrier. Also, could do with the engine being turned off when they land on the beach - currently sounds as if they are "driving" past!
2) Perhaps some wind blowing very faintly but just noticable on the beach. When they are swimming, you can hear the sound of the sea, compared to the snipers on the beach where its dead quiet.
3) Sniper shot on the dude in the house...capital needed on "aware" and it should be "the" not "they". Had to pause it as that text disappeared very quickly because he died!!
Loved the "headshot" said out on the mic and lol @ the dead body falling by the window!!
4) Camera angle for the M249 on the boat was brilliant - nice n fresh
5) A strange "blink" just after the M249 stops firing (on the view looking up with the cases falling down). Perhaps a fade effect not needed?
6) After the sniper goes "hell yeah", the next shot is paused for a second or so before the boat appears - noticable as the sea doesnt move

Keep it up!!
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6236|Escea

Snake wrote:

Awesome Im surprised that the same music has been used as the "BH SAR" scene, thought you might have used something different?

First up...new scenes, never seen before. Loved em! I remember the Sharqi one sitting in that damn boat for like 45mins whilst somebody couldnt headshot the Colonel

Thoughts:
1) Sounds on the boat engines are meh, and offtime as they exit the carrier. Also, could do with the engine being turned off when they land on the beach - currently sounds as if they are "driving" past!
2) Perhaps some wind blowing very faintly but just noticable on the beach. When they are swimming, you can hear the sound of the sea, compared to the snipers on the beach where its dead quiet.
3) Sniper shot on the dude in the house...capital needed on "aware" and it should be "the" not "they". Had to pause it as that text disappeared very quickly because he died!!
Loved the "headshot" said out on the mic and lol @ the dead body falling by the window!!
4) Camera angle for the M249 on the boat was brilliant - nice n fresh
5) A strange "blink" just after the M249 stops firing (on the view looking up with the cases falling down). Perhaps a fade effect not needed?
6) After the sniper goes "hell yeah", the next shot is paused for a second or so before the boat appears - noticable as the sea doesnt move

Keep it up!!
Some of the sounds, like the boat engines, vehicle engines etc, are mixed with the original audio strip and the music, so unfortunately I can't remove em, although I can make the additions like wind etc, put bird calls over to add more ambience. I think I should be able to add the engine off noise as well, got it somewhere. Oh for the 'aware' part, it was like its a continuation of what he's saying, although I can't remove that now either as its superimposed onto the footage lol. I'll check that blink on the 249 though see what I can do with it. The first piece of music though, same from the BH part is a track which I don't have, got the one after it though, the Rambo II theme which takes up most of it. Fox did the original music addition for it etc.

Last edited by M.O.A.B (2008-06-20 11:18:52)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6236|Escea

Here's a portion of the airbase fight, still working on it, this is current. Adding more gunfire over this plus an alert alarm, ricochets, passing bullets, some ambient yells etc.

http://files.filefront.com/airbasefight … einfo.html

http://files.filefront.com/Episode+21wm … einfo.html

Updated version with more audio, only realy parts left to do audio wise for this section are the slow mo parts.

Last edited by M.O.A.B (2008-06-20 13:15:12)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6236|Escea

Right lads, 20:00GMT tonight, need to do a part for Songhua, as many guys as possible pls show up.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6325

M.O.A.B wrote:

http://files.filefront.com/assas1wmv/;1 … einfo.html

opening sequence of Ep 2
I just watched this one. Maybe it'd be cool if someone narrated the opening blurb. That way people could follow the text but they won't think they have to pause the video to read it in time.

The mec vehicle sounds. I only hear the motor coming out of my right headphone. Is there a way to use surround to make the sound pan from left to right depending on which way the vehicle's headed?

Edit...I'll be able to make it to Songhua today as far as I know.

Last edited by ebug9 (2008-06-21 08:51:59)

Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6579|England

Im in.
Metal-Eater-GR
+490|6286
ill be there sexy
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6236|Escea

ebug9 wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

http://files.filefront.com/assas1wmv/;1 … einfo.html

opening sequence of Ep 2
I just watched this one. Maybe it'd be cool if someone narrated the opening blurb. That way people could follow the text but they won't think they have to pause the video to read it in time.

The mec vehicle sounds. I only hear the motor coming out of my right headphone. Is there a way to use surround to make the sound pan from left to right depending on which way the vehicle's headed?

Edit...I'll be able to make it to Songhua today as far as I know.
Not that I know of, the vehicle sounds I didn't originally do so they've sort of been a bit, louder than they should have been in comparison to everything else tbh.
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6300|eng
I shall be there.

Cos basically if you're not, you're square....

/90s saying.
#rekt
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6236|Escea

http://files.filefront.com/jeepchasewmv … einfo.html

Got this quick part I've done plus music, the start portion up to where they enter West Perimeter I've put another song in which merges with it. Obviously still need to film up the main fight part.

btw nice driving you lot, good for sticking with

Last edited by M.O.A.B (2008-06-21 16:12:15)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard