Make Love and War
+303|6611|Communist Republic of CA, USA

Stingray24 wrote:

Major.League.Infidel wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Go Chevy!
/Loses all respect for Stingray
*gasp* Oh well ... Chevy powah!

Suppose you like those dirty Roush Fords ...
Well I AM American...
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6578|The Land of Scott Walker
Well so are Calvin and I ...

https://www.customnames.com/images/calvin_Ford.jpg

Least you don't like those Toyotas.

Last edited by Stingray24 (2008-02-15 17:51:51)

Strngs012
Could I have 10,000 marbles please
+40|6551|Florida
I'm glad kyle busch is out, I hate him. He's a little whiney ass
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
Did you know that 80 percent of Chevy's are still on the road?  The other 20 Percent made it home.
Stingray24
Least 20 percent made it home ... all Ford's are Found On Road Dead.
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
I'd rather push a Ford than drive a Chevy
Strngs012
+40|6551|Florida

Major.League.Infidel wrote:

I'd rather push a Ford than drive a Chevy
I'd rather drive a Chevy than fix a Ford
Stingray24
Another wreck!  Looks like a few drivers will be pushing their Fords along with you Major.
Strngs012
+40|6551|Florida
Damm, one of my friends is at the race tonight. His daughter won tickets at a raffle at her school. I told him she should stay home and  he could take me....lol. His daughter didn't agree with me.
Stingray24
Aw another Roush truck go crunch.  Poor Jack looks sad.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6655

Strngs012 wrote:

Damm, one of my friends is at the race tonight. His daughter won tickets at a raffle at her school. I told him she should stay home and  he could take me....lol. His daughter didn't agree with me.
you should have just gone down there; probably could have gotten in for cheap. some guy gave me and my dad free busch series tickets back at darlington a few years ago
Stingray24
Well if a Toyota had to win at least it wasn't Kyle Busch.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6626|N. Ireland

Stingray24 wrote:

I used to like him but after last year's fiasco, which, lets face it, he was driving like a moron. All over the lanes suddenly and in my opinion was the cause of the last lap crash (I was cheering on Kurt...damn Tony!)
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6754|London, England
What are you guys talking about, what's this trucks you talk about. Is it part of NASCAR. Man I thought American sports were simple and easy to follow.

Damn you guys

Especially Stingray

Especially ig
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6707

Mek-Izzle wrote:

What are you guys talking about, what's this trucks you talk about. Is it part of NASCAR. Man I thought American sports were simple and easy to follow.

Damn you guys

Especially Stingray

Especially ig
Indeed, we are taling about trucks...as in race modified (to the extent that a cup car is) pick-up trucks.  And yes, they do fall under NASCAR rules.  The series is sponsored by Craftsman Tools (thus craftsman trucks...)
NASCAR regulates many series here in the USA.  Sprint Cup, Nationwide Series and Craftsman Truck are but the largest and most visible/popular.

If you have any questions about the above 3 series, dont hesitate to ask mate, be glad to clarify
Stingray24

Mek-Izzle wrote:

Damn you guys

Especially Stingray

Especially ig
Yes, the Craftsman Truck series http://nascar.speedtv.com/craftsman-trucks/ is also part of NASCAR and since the 1st races of the season at Daytona International Speedway are the superbowl of NASCAR, all 3 NASCAR racing series (Sprint Cup, Nationwide, Craftsman Truck) have a race.  The Sprint Cup cars are the most powerful since it is the top series.  The Nationwide cars have more downforce and less horsepower so they are easier to control for the less experienced drivers.  The Craftsman Truck series trucks are also designed for less experienced drivers.

Feel free to ask more questions or PM me if you like.  It can get rather confusing because NASCAR has changed the name of the Sprint Cup and Nationwide several times over the years.  A good way to look it is to compare it to baseball ... so the Nationwide series is the minor leagues and the Sprint Cup is the major leagues.  The Craftsman Truck series would be a slightly different minor league. 

Here's some good sites to check out each series:
http://nascar.speedtv.com/
http://www.nascar.com/
http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6707

Stingray24 wrote:

Agreed...

But did it HAVE to be Bodine?...

Todd is just like an O L D version of Kasey Kahne, poster child for "Goobers -R-Us".

Last edited by TC.Troy (2008-02-16 06:30:05)

Stingray24
@ goobers

Would've been nice to see a Chevy win, there were some very strong trucks that we taken out in all the wrecks.  Tbh I don't follow the truck series as much as I do Sprint Cup.  Still enjoy watching any of the races, but Sprint Cup is my favorite, so if I'm busy, I don't make time for the other two series.
Strngs012
+40|6551|Florida

TC.Troy wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Agreed...

Todd is just like an O L D version of Kasey Kahne, poster child for "Goobers -R-Us".
He's the only Bodine I ever liked. I think he's the only Bodine Dale Earnhardt Sr ever liked...lol!
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6754|London, England
I see. I didn't know about the other series. I always thought it was those big Executive/Full size modified cars etc.. racing on Oval tracks and occasionally a racing/road course.

Oh wait. That's the main "Sprint Cup" right? Which is the highest form of NASCAR. I think it's almost like Premier League Football/Division 1 etc.. and how it all falls under the "FA"

Last edited by Mek-Izzle (2008-02-16 06:33:58)

Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6867|Singapore
Is NASCAR like a 100 lap race round some stadium?
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6707

Strngs012 wrote:

TC.Troy wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Agreed...

He's the only Bodine I ever liked. I think he's the only Bodine Dale Earnhardt Sr ever liked...lol!
I always heard Sr. had an off sense of humor hehe

Only thing either one could ever drive was a truck.  I dont have a problem with Todd particularly, I just dont want to look at that mug on TV for that long
Strngs012
+40|6551|Florida
Mek_Izzle, occasionally you'll see Sprint Cup drivers racing in other series as well. Some guys run both the Full Sprint Cup Series and the  full Nationwide Series schedules. Sometimes they'll just drive in another series if they happen to be racing at the same track that weekend.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6707

Mek-Izzle wrote:

I see. I didn't know about the other series. I always thought it was those big Executive/Full size modified cars etc.. racing on Oval tracks and occasionally a racing/road course.

Oh wait. That's the main "Sprint Cup" right? Which is the highest form of NASCAR. I think it's almost like Premier League Football/Division 1 etc.. and how it all falls under the "FA"
Yes
     and...
Sorta

Sprint Cup uses cars like the Chevy Impala, Ford Fusion, Dodge Avenger, Toyota Camry.  You will see the same cars in the Nationwide series (save the chevy, its a Monte Carlo there), but they have a shorter wheelbase, less power, and far more downforce. 

Sprint is indeed the premier NASCAR division all others are developemental, or "feeder" for both crew members and drivers.
Strngs012
+40|6551|Florida

TC.Troy wrote:

Only thing either one could ever drive was a truck.
Geoff Bodine had some trouble with his truck the first year they raced at Daytona.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard