Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6592|The Land of Scott Walker
Nice changes to Yahoo NASCAR fantasy league this year.  Join up boys!
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6720
Penske racing has purchased the BIll Davis' "operation".  This seems to be all about the points...the 22 was in the top 35.  However, the 77 of Sam Hornish was not.  Davis is now a minority owner in Penske.  Davis will retain ownership of the #22, but Penske thinks this will fit nicely with the 2 and 12...obviously.

Full article here:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/9 … amp;ATT=MA

The shit just keeps getting stranger and stranger...
I'm not sure you'll be able to ID the players without a friggin' program...

geezus.

**side note:  I just hate the fact that Hornish will compete again next year.  He was a damned menace.
Stingray24
Had hoped ol' Sam would turn out, but he didn't do so well last year.  Accident waiting to happen tbh.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6720

Stingray24 wrote:

Had hoped ol' Sam would turn out, but he didn't do so well last year.  Accident waiting to happen tbh.
Hornish was about the worst of the open wheelers to come.  Imo, the only reason he survived was due to Penske's money, and some creative point swapping.

Dario may not have made as many races (he had a shit team tbh) but imo he showed the most potential.
Ah well, the other teams can look forward to more trashed cars due to his idiocy.

GO BACK to IRL Hornish...
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6720
The shootout entry list...which NASCAR says is locked already.  In order of number.  The draw selection show is on tonight at 8pm est.

00 1 David Reutimann Toyota Michael Waltrip Racing
2 6 Kurt Busch Dodge Penske Racing
6 1 David Ragan Ford Roush Fenway Racing
7 1 Robby Gordon Dodge Robby Gordon Motorsports
07 3 Casey Mears Chevrolet Richard Childress Racing
9 5 Kasey Kahne Dodge Richard Petty Motorsports
11 4 Denny Hamlin Toyota Joe Gibbs Racing
12 1 David Stremme Dodge Penske Racing
14 10 Tony Stewart Chevrolet Stewart-Haas Racing
16 4 Greg Biffle Ford Roush Fenway Racing
17 3 Matt Kenseth Ford Roush Fenway Racing
18 3 Kyle Busch Toyota Joe Gibbs Racing
19 4 Elliott Sadler Dodge Richard Petty Motorsports
20 1 Joey Logano Toyota Joe Gibbs Racing
24 16 Jeff Gordon Chevrolet Hendrick Motorsports
26 4 Jamie McMurray Ford Roush Fenway Racing
29 5 Kevin Harvick Chevrolet Richard Childress Racing
31 4 Jeff Burton Chevrolet Richard Childress Racing
43 2 Reed Sorenson Dodge Richard Petty Motorsports
44 1 A.J. Allmendinger Dodge Richard Petty Motorsports
48 7 Jimmie Johnson Chevrolet Hendrick Motorsports
55 4 Michael Waltrip Toyota Michael Waltrip Racing
82 1 Scott Speed Toyota Red Bull Racing Team
83 4 Brian Vickers Toyota Red Bull Racing Team
88 9 Dale Earnhardt Jr. Chevrolet Hendrick Motorsports
96 10 Bobby Labonte Ford Hall of Fame Racing
98 1 Paul Menard Ford Yates Racing
99 3 Carl Edwards Ford Roush Fenway Racing

Robby GOrdon?  Joey Logono??  Paul Menard???  Scott Speed????
umm...w-t-f?

This new shoot is gonna cost some teams BIG...as in racecars they cant afford to lose.  Will be a wreck-fest at some point...I can only hope all of those idiots I singeld out get taken out in one wreck...

gonna be fun.
Stingray24
Those 4 do not belong in the shootout ...

/facepalm
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6768|London, England
So any changes to the rules etc.. for this season as compared to last
Stingray24
Haven't seen any changes announced yet.

Edit: For regular races that is.  This year the Bud Shootout will have two segments that equal 75 laps, first 25 laps and the second 50 laps.

Last edited by Stingray24 (2009-02-05 08:20:43)

TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6720
Here is the new shootout format...for our brothers across the pond...(this means you Mek hehe)

The Shootout race distance has been increased from 70 laps to 75 laps for 2009. That's a total of 187.5 miles on Daytona's high-banked, 2.5-mile layout.

As has been the case since 2003, the event will be run in two segments; only the first segment increases in distance from 20 to 25 laps.

Following the first segment, a 10-minute "pit stop" gives crews the opportunity to make normal adjustments to their cars. That means tweaks they would do on a normal pit stop during a regular Cup Series event.

• All work must be done on pit road or in the garage.

• Teams may not change springs, shocks or rear-ends.

• All green- and yellow-flag laps in both segments will count.

Following the 10-minute "pit stop", the event's second segment remains a 50-lap sprint for the win.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
So only changes to the events/races but none to the vehicles themselves or...any new developments on that front?

I remember them adding those cameras that are literally built into the tarmac to give awesome shots, now that's what every race needs
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6720

Mekstizzle wrote:

So only changes to the events/races but none to the vehicles themselves or...any new developments on that front?

I remember them adding those cameras that are literally built into the tarmac to give awesome shots, now that's what every race needs
Aye, no changes to the car that I'm aware of, if there are they are so bloody small as to not be worth mention to the racing public.  In years past, before all this money was being sunk into aero, the addition of a small blade over the top of the deck rear deck spoiler was big news.  With these C.O.T.'s the rules are pretty much set as far as the car itself is concerned. 
As far as race rule changes, it may be that an event has gone from 500 miles, to 400...or just the opposite.
Fact is, the only reason why we have a Shootout format change this year ( and it sucks donkey penis imo...) is because Coors Brewing Co. is now the Pole award backer and Anheuser Busch sponsors the Shootout.  More of Brian Frances infinite wisdom...
So...Bud said, no way are we gonna have Coors Pole winners in the Bud Shootout...
NASCAR, again, in its infinite wisdom ( and with the proper oral service from the 4 mfg's ) changed the whole bloody format.

ta da

oh yeah, and agreed on the camera's, they rock.  provided they survive all race hehe.

Last edited by TC.Troy (2009-02-05 12:48:29)

Stingray24
Get ready to rock n roll tonight boys!  Bud Shootout!  Even though the format is different I'm just glad to hear the engines roar again!
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6720
I'm already getting all excited and stuff hehe

practice was interesting last night...

Stingray24
I am sooooo tempted to get cable again ....
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Oh yeah and just a heads up, you guys will be in 2010 F1.

https://www.f1technical.net/images/news/2009/usf1-logo.jpg

http://www.f1technical.net/news/11540

--

If only this happened before the collapse of the US auto industry and when the big three were really rolling in some moolah, they could've invested alot into F1 development with their massive funds and would've been really competitive on the stage, but it seems like F1 in the US has gone in the complete opposite direction over the years. Would've made F1 a bigger spectacle if there was a big US team in it, maybe this will be it. But I think it's more of a private/small team

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2009-02-07 06:05:41)

Stingray24
Just saw that, too.  I want to know who the driver will be.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6720
The USF1 thing has been beaten around for about a week.  Read the F1 tech article, and the little whisper it got at planet F1...tbh, I'll believe it when I see it.  Sadly...

I dunno what the deal with F1 is here in the US.  I hate that it hasnt caught on more than it has.  F1 is some of the best racing, and racing in a pretty pure form, as you can find.
Stingray24
Drivers are going into this Shootout for the first time without any testing ... could get interesting.   Can't wait til 8 eastern!  Wooohooo!  NASCAR is back!
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6720

Stingray24 wrote:

Drivers are going into this Shootout for the first time without any testing ... could get interesting.   Can't wait til 8 eastern!  Wooohooo!  NASCAR is back!
Indeed. 

Raceday fires up at 6pm on SPEED...if you had cable...that has Got to suck.

On the testing ban:
I'm 100% all for it.  It puts a lot more preasure on the crew chiefs and preasure on the communication skills of both the driver, and crew chief.  Not being a betting man myself, I would put my money on (you guessed it...) Mr. Knaus to shine in these circumstances. 
In the end, the test ban may give an advantage to the teams with Really good folks on the pit box.

The Shootout will tell much methinks. 
At any rate, yeah NASCAR is back...I'm ready
Stingray24
Boogity boogity boogity!  Let's go racin boys!
Stingray24
33 degrees is the highest the dirt could be in the banking without falling back down and still allow the pavement to adhere at Daytona

... DW fact of the evening.

Last edited by Stingray24 (2009-02-07 18:53:03)

Stingray24
You were right TC, Menard didn't belong in this race.  He hits a bump in the track all by himself and spins out, hitting Junior.

Last edited by Stingray24 (2009-02-07 19:08:57)

Stingray24
Chevy ftw!!!!!  Eat that Ford!  Buahahahaha!
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6720
I hate it when I'm right...
The first segment was insane...most of those I mentioned were eliminated in the first 25 laps.  To the credit of Allmendinger, he kept his nose clean and raced well.  Hats off to him.

The qualifiers should be fun too.

Front row set today, this too should be interesting.  I wont be so crazy as to predict the pole...
(48, 24, 88 hehe)

no predictions tho 
phishman420
Banned
+821|5828
I missed it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard